Thread: orginal shogun experts??

does anyone know the orginal shogun well enough to give a 'walkthough guide' to a clan?

for example go purple, attack blue (provance name) while defending light blue, try to build horser early.. etc.

i know it sounds stupid but i cant sem to win with a clan on expert, thanks, help be aprecated.

cheers.

Such thing can not be posted by anyone cause the AI doesn't work at the same pattern.
    Here are some things though that u must realise.
    1. Never engage in war in 2 fronts.
    2. Have you castles that produce your men near harbours and harbours near the provinces of your boarders so u can transport troops easily.
    3. Seize key provinces and draw the AI where you want the battle to take place. Use counter-attacks.
    4. Don't spread too thin even if you are winning.
    5. Use the force!

------------------
    I cannot return l presume so l will keep my name among those who are dead by bows!
    http://www.dedicatedgaming.com/~angelsofdarkness
    I cannot return l presume so l will keep my name among those who are dead by bows!
    http://www.dedicatedgaming.com/~angelsofdarkness

Blog Entries

i think ur good at tactical.... but i bet u dont play that good...

u just loose coz u play bad in battles and lose to often or need a big army to win it...

go online and play some MP-games than try again.... that will solve ur probs

koc

------------------
    Grey Wolves

Quote Originally posted by Kocmoc:
    i think ur good at tactical.... but i bet u dont play that good...

u just loose coz u play bad in battles and lose to often or need a big army to win it...

go online and play some MP-games than try again.... that will solve ur probs

koc

[/QUOTE]Yup best way to learn

warning- plot loss in progress Senior Member barocca's Avatar
    (*disclaimer* - reality may or may not exist, in some societies reality is a crime, punishable by life)

Guides to the Original Version Clans are here
    http://www.geocities.com/totalwarshogun

------------------
    DoragonBarocca of Clan Doragon
    The winds that blows -
    ask them, which leaf on the tree
    will be next to go.

This comment is witty! Senior Member LittleGrizzly's Avatar

one thing alway worked for me all the way 2 expert is have harbours in every province +200 koku for every province great money spinner and also great transport right thru ur lands

playing with shimazu take imagawa lands above quickly then u have 2 provinces facing enemy take the rebel island next door then once all those rebels are taken up 2 u from there

leave a small number of troops in bridge provinces so enemy will attack and have a cav there so u get all those lovely running away kills

always try and get a hieght advantage

when attack a hilly province the enemy will usually attack u so take a hill and wait for them 2 come (this wont work against bridges)
    In remembrance of our great Admin Tosa Inu, A tireless worker with the patience of a saint. As long as I live I will not forget you. Thank you for everything!

... intersting, thanks.

Senior Member Senior Member Krasturak's Avatar

Gah!

Defeating the computer player is simply a matter of attitude!

Repeat after Krast:

"Cut heads off! Cut heads off! Cut heads off!"

Recite this mantra while deploying for battle, and the rest will come naturally.

Throwing stones from afar Member Cazbol's Avatar

Wrong approach. Eliminate all the opposing clans with geishas and then gobble up the rebels and ronins.

In my current campaign I'm playing Uesugi. I got attacked by Hojo, Oda and Yama....whatever they're called right at the beginning. Three against me. I merely defended. Built 4 geishas and thus all three opponents were wiped out. Built about 2 more geishas and wiped out all the other clans. Now I'm just collecting the rebel provinces at my leisure.

This geishas are an idiotic feature in the game.

Cazbol

Member Member kamizaki_nurizeko's Avatar

i did that too, i was usuegi, i retreated to there island province, built it up while the world went on around me, maknig a HUGE defence force, then when i could, i sent emmisarys to make alliances with who i could, then geishas to off the daimyos and heirs, in no time at all alot of japan was under my control, minus a few rebels, then after that i used my islands "defence" force to step the rebel armys into the dust, and used a minor province near the centre to produce tons of archers and spearmen as the uprising stopma's, simple, i won the game by bearly lifting a sword (the"denfence" forces were so big the rebels ussually retreated), try it, its different from my other tactic, lotts of cheap units and sweap across japan like the black death or the plague
    The bell rings against a hollow sky; the raven caws...NO MERCY!...all samurai walk the path to nothingness.~Kuroi Sabato

Since ive been offline ive became a bit of an expert on shoggy sp, The easiest clan to use is shimazu (green) the most powerfull are takeda (black) once you get nag cav in conjunction with guns you really should win most battles, The thing i always do is to plan a home area ie what provinces i would like to use as my base always try to get a max of 4-5 provinces on the front line any more than this and you can become stretched, when you have secured your base area you can then consentrate on getting guns (by building the cathederal, once you have guns send 5 to each of your frontline provinces, you should now be able to hold off massive attacks and have time to build armies that you can send out by boat to port attack the other side of japan, look for provinces to port attack that are lightly guarded and always send a strong force for if you decide to retreat the army is lost! i go takeda take out hojo, setup my base and fronts then port attack or take out usegui's lands, If you get to hard or expert use shinobis to guard against geisha 6-7 shinobis will make it impossible for the geisha to kill anyone on that province,

Swooooooooooooooooosh

BTW: To port attack drop a spy into a province with a port then you can attack it from one of your ports next turn, Just incase you dident know, Also when expanding try to keep your frontline down,

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

Senior Member Senior Member Vanya's Avatar

Starting with blue is easy. Marry into red, and your children will be purple. And purple, being the color of the caesars, will be a clear indication to all around you of the nobility of your clan. None will then challenge the supremacy of your kids.

But, if you marry into yellow, then you will still be a yellowbelly bastard.

When in doubt, take Wesley's advice from "Passenger 51"...

"Always bet on black."

GAH!
    [Sips sake, eats popcorn]