Thread: multiplayer by nuri

Member Member kamizaki_nurizeko's Avatar

okay well im live in the united kingdom, it would be good if we could sort out times for playing, what country is the playing times someone suggested,cause ide rather we had a scheduled playing time slot then jsut sit in the game lobby and wait for hours, something needs to be worked out
    The bell rings against a hollow sky; the raven caws...NO MERCY!...all samurai walk the path to nothingness.~Kuroi Sabato

okay i know this is my post but anyway...i think the country with the majority of shogun players gets to choose the playing time slot, or what ever , yous can give some ideas, or if you think this one is good

------------------
    fear me, for your mortal blades cannot harm the night-kamizaki nurizeko, ninja of the buredo clan
    The bell rings against a hollow sky; the raven caws...NO MERCY!...all samurai walk the path to nothingness.~Kuroi Sabato

Senior Member Senior Member Vanya's Avatar

Just go online.

Bring your brothers and sisters. Bring your friends. Bring Stiffler's mom.

Sell your soul if you have to. Just get online and get others online. Chain the others to their PCs, and rig them to ONLY play Shoggy... no 'net surfing, word processing, or any other Gah!plications. Just Shoggy.

Breathe Shoggy.
    Sleep Shoggy.
    BE Shoggy.

[Sips sake, eats popcorn]

Summa Rudis Senior Member Catiline's Avatar

I don't understand where this getting at. If it's suggesting as I think it is that people in the UK try to get on between say 9-10 pm, then fine, but it won't work so what's the point? People play when they feel like it, there are dead times, but that's when noone wants to be online.

------------------
    Timeo hominem unius libri
    Quo usque tandem abutere, Catilina, patientia nostra

Quote Originally posted by Vanya:
    Just go online.

Bring Stiffler's mom.

[/QUOTE]

LOL
    I agree, tis nonsense to set times to play...

------------------
    untouchable, unbreakable,elven spirit,Elven soul
    Abandon all hope.

maybe we should walk down the street with a sandwich sign that reads..."play shogun we/mi online 24 hrs a day." personally...i tell everyone i know of this game(yes... even the ones that don't have computers). i've even offered to buy a copy of this game and give it to people just so we could get more players. sigh, to no avail. we of the shogun comunity are a rare breed of peoples, likeing the games that take thought over games that take,(what do the other games take again?).
    Looking out on the field of battle, seeing the twisted corpses of mine and my enemy's men, i wonder how we ever convinced anyone that war equals glory.

Senior Member Senior Member Dionysus9's Avatar

I think he is frustrated by the low number of people in the lobby and is asking what time most players are online, or in the alternative, that some players agree to meet online at a certain time so that he can find regular games.

WE NEED TO BE MORE CAREFUL ABOUT ALIENATING NEW PLAYERS OR WE WILL NEVER HAVE MORE PLAYERS. Although your posts were all very amusing to experienced players, poor Nuri must feel like he is being made fun of. Forgive them Nuri, they dont mean any offense.

My reply:

First, there has been a low # of Shoggy plaers for the last 9 months to a year, we all wish it was different, but little that we can do.

Second, even if there are 10 people online at a given moment, you will have a hard time finding anyone to play with you if you are hosting a 3v2 competitive game with 56,798 koku and no limit on ammunition. I dont know a single Shoggy player who would sign up for that. Play friendly games with even numbers of players, and between 5-10,000 koku per player.

Third, it is possible people can not see the games you are hosting,

Fourth, when someone is "in a game" their name on the right side of the screen goes from brown to grey-- they cant see you and cant join your games.... remember, it is as if they arent even there until they "get back" from their game.

Fifth, TIMING, to answer your question, Greenwich Mean Time +1 hr is UK time. GMT - 7 hrs is Pacific Coast Time (my time). I find that weekdays from 5-8 PM there are between 15 and 30 people online. So Midnight to 4:00 a.m UK time is when I play most of my games during the week. Thats a late night for you, but the players are there.

Hope this helps, Nuri, keep playing.

[This message has been edited by Dionysus9 (edited 07-09-2002).]
    Hunter_Bachus

kewl, thankyu for the help.....and im no newb >_

Senior Member Senior Member Dionysus9's Avatar

Sorry if I have offended.

In any case, are you using old Shoggy or New Improved MI/WE Shoggy?

Old shoggy is very very slow these days, even MI/WE is sometimes tough to find a game online.

Hunter_Bachus