Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: in campaign mode what clan do u control...

Senior Member Hopefull Member MiniKiller's Avatar

just a little poll, i usually control uesugi (blue guys)

*edit* Also do you guys have campaign time limit on or off.

[This message has been edited by MiniKiller (edited 07-11-2002).]
    *Bows. Turns to return to darkness...bumps head...looks around, pretends noone saw. Dissapears in shadows while cursing at self*

Imagawa...ninjas.

------------------
    Clan Kenchikuka
    evil is within us...

SJ - Taki - Cav
    1530 - Oda - between 2 hordes
    1550 - Shim - ND
    1580 - ALL

Minikiller...

Look at the poll archives.. I think it was Uesugi or Shimazu who won as favorite clan !
    Common Unreflected Drinking Only Smartens

Senior Member Senior Member Cheetah's Avatar

Takeda - cav gives a huge advantage in early battles; Shimazu cos of NODS
    Lional of Cornwall
    proud member of the Round Table Knights

"If you wish to weaken the enemy's sword, move first, fly in and cut!" - Ueshiba Morihei O-Sensei

Mori are my favorite. I usualy get rid of shimazu in a few years, then i march north, slowy crushing all oposition.

i also go with either tekeda or shimazu because the tek get an early advantage and they are like barbarians.(which r my favorite) and then theres your shimazu who r peaceful for a bit and then cunning and rulentless when developed
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh *swings axe*

i like uesugi becasue they get arcehrs early on and imajawa attack me early on quickly and archers are key to fending them off, plus i have shino(spl?) which wher i gain horses can produce them with higer honour and it caries an armoury so i can gain heavy cav.
    *Bows. Turns to return to darkness...bumps head...looks around, pretends noone saw. Dissapears in shadows while cursing at self*

blue guys upper right corner, archers, very rich provinces , unless the time era is the one where everyone already has strong troops, definately Takeda . Cavelry just rules (they suck but they're cool ).

------------------
    untouchable, unbreakable,elven spirit,Elven soul
    Abandon all hope.

the pro with takeda is he is isntanatly split up and surronded by mori on one side (noone wants to be surronded by him) and hojo, imajawa/uesugi on the other, gotta be tuff to get started.

Yeah, but don't that start with a port in Aki and one in their eastern territories?

Since the east is richer, ditch the western three and use the huge number of troops to smack the Hojo around a bit

thats true, and i ment prb not pro in my last post, lol how do i make things bold or italic?

[ b ] without the spaces to make it bold

and [ i ] without the spaces to make it Italic

it is UBB code.

------------------
    Abandon all hope.

test
    test

ya after 3 trys i did it! hehe

very good grasshopper (all credit goes to the one who first use this I believe it was Jaguara).Keep practising and one day you'll be a true member of the Org (just need to learn the [ img ] and [ url ] tag basicly ).

------------------
    Abandon all hope.

hey i made a responce to ur post in another thread, if u are on at the same time i am i will glady play you m8, just say the word

bold
    italics
    lets see if that works.
    Looking out on the field of battle, seeing the twisted corpses of mine and my enemy's men, i wonder how we ever convinced anyone that war equals glory.

cool
    now i would like to know how to seperate my paragraphs, so they appear as if i actually know something about grammar.

[This message has been edited by MizuKokami (edited 07-11-2002).]
    Looking out on the field of battle, seeing the twisted corpses of mine and my enemy's men, i wonder how we ever convinced anyone that war equals glory.

oh yeah, i like shimazu because they are bold

Bold doesn't matter when they're DIRT-POOR. Uesegi all the way, they start with the fewest troops, but you can pull back to shinano and be pretty safe.

as i said i like tekeda and shimazu the best but u cant denigh that the hojo or one of if not the most powerful
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh *swings axe*

true...they are quite poor at the beginning, but if you take the imagawa provinces imediately, you have the whole island(defenceable by only 2 provinces), three fairly decent rice growers, and a port. and, as long as mori didn't take nagato, a land capable of makeing an armory, thereby giving you the opportunity of building naganata inf. and heavy cav. further advantage of having a high honor province for nods, that you can even make cheaper because you are shimazu.
    to further the advantage of being shimazu, either mori or takeda won the landgrab in their battles recently. in either case, it becomes much easier to insite rebellions (due to the fact of recent changes of ownership) to hinder whoever it is you must conquer now. this gives you a rather impressive rate of momentum in taking dam near close to half of japan.
    oh...and one last perk of playing shimazu, boy does he get a lot of heirs.(must be something in the water)

Member Member Lancelot Of Monmouths's Avatar

my favorite clan is Imagawa as like tera sadi u get to have ninjas cheaper higher honour so its easy to take japan when your gens given your army 3 honour and there gens dead muhahahahahaha

Lancelot

Quote Originally posted by Cheetah:
    Takeda - cav gives a huge advantage in early battles; Shimazu cos of NODS[/QUOTE]
    so true

------------------
    There is a time to turn away. A time to return, and a time to fight
    There is a time to turn away. A time to return, and a time to fight

Senior Member Senior Member Shiro's Avatar

Mori.

------------------
    “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.”
    —Samuel Johnson
    "Everything Shiro said sounds good to me."
    -Solypsist
    "Catiline is the one with the black rag and Shiro is erm...the other one..."
    -Tosa

Takeda, then Mori are my favs, (but i think Oda or Imagawa offer the greatest challenge!)

Still, Takeda what can you say, they're a good colour (their ND look so cool!), have an interesting starting position (in SJ), cheap cav, and right next door to Shinano, could it be better?

I just started a hugh project, i took control off every clan including the rebels with no cheats (accept show full map) and every tens years will switch guys (i have 8 diff save files! lol)

This comment is witty! Senior Member LittleGrizzly's Avatar

i love shimazu take out imagawa early 2 defense places fill them all with ports ur rich have only 2 enemy borders one leading to a nice easy rebel island.

and by the end of it im producing dirt cheap h5 nods with 3 weapons and legendary morale no where can u go wrong

[This message has been edited by LittleGrizzly (edited 07-12-2002).]
    In remembrance of our great Admin Tosa Inu, A tireless worker with the patience of a saint. As long as I live I will not forget you. Thank you for everything!

actauly i switch ever 5 years by year 10 for shim i plan to ride of imagawa nearby me...he allied for now, lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast