hi all
i realize it's probably been done before, but why don't we all post one statement (long or short, but just one) about our feelings toward this interuption of service. and when we are done with all our posting, ask one of the moderators to forward our posts directly to the supervisors in ea's service division. (if they could and would be so kind)
i would advice that if you all are game for this attempt, that we keep it as courteous and civil as possible. in other words, try to keep swearing at them to a minimum.(i do realize that that would be hard ) also that it be a well thought out statement, even going into the second and third edits/ rewrites.
my statement would read something like this.....

i know that in the future, when i read the package of any software that i am considering buying, that if i see the name ea anywhere on the lable, i will most likely put the item back on the shelf. i can assure you at ea that this is not a threat. i don't enjoy this interuption in my gaming, as i work way hard for a living, and therefore need much relaxation in my off times. knowing that these continued interuptions could most likely be circumvented by an actual concern for customers, i will not buy ea products in the future. and again i say, this is not a threat, i am simply weighing the enjoyment against the frustration, and my frustration weighs more.

further, even when i and friends of mine can get on, there are often multible drops from games and definately major lag time in any and all games with six or more players. surely there must be something that could be done about this. if there is nothing that can be done about this, it does not matter, for i still will not purchase products from your company. and again i say, my intention to not buy ea games or software in the future is not a threat. it is solely a decision based on logic and common sence. if i had known that this is what i would get by purchaseing shogun, i would not have bought it. but now i am addicted to it .(joke inserted so that all your employees know that i am not a complete ogre of a cutomer, albeit i can not vouch for my fellow shogunites )
i realise that most costomers can have things 99% perfact, and 1% bad, and would most likely remember the bad more then remember the good. but we of the shogun community don't have 99%. i don't have a percentage for as to what persent we do have, but i can tell you that at least 99% of our games consisting of 6 or more players have to be restarted at least 3 times before we actually get a game. and even then there could still be drops, but we play on because of the love for the game, and because we are tired of waiting for things to work out right. and one of the biggest drawbacks of playing, most games/battles should last around thirty minutes at max, even with the larger games. but i played one once that took around an hour and a half, and we still didn't finish it. this was because of frequent lockups, and major lag. we were lucky with that game, for we only had one person get dropped. when it comes down to it, most of the people that play shogun online are here anywhere from two to eight hours playing and what not. in this time, all should be allowed to get four or more good games. however, most are lucky to get two. now i ask you, would you purchase your products?
to sum up, we of the shogun community are small, but not because the game is bad. it is because few people have the patience to put up with the various hassles. and as many as come to play, leave. in fact, since our numbers are dwindling, we shall be extinct before you know it. but we shall not go quietly.

sincerely....
MizuKokami

[This message has been edited by MizuKokami (edited 07-12-2002).]