Thread: while i was sleeping

warning- plot loss in progress Senior Member barocca's Avatar
    (*disclaimer* - reality may or may not exist, in some societies reality is a crime, punishable by life)

while i was sleeping EA support sent me an email, at the time of the mailing the servers were back up,

now they're down again...

EA - you have mail...

------------------
    DoragonBarocca of Clan Doragon
    The winds that blows -
    ask them, which leaf on the tree
    will be next to go.

lol EA Knock Knock is there anybody there Bankhead Against War,
    slipped letter under door maybe there be in tomorrow morning
    pinched the key and fix the serve myself if anyone asks
    you haven't seen me

Ghost

Keeper Of the Crypt

barocca,

I don't think the servers were up when they sent that email. I've been checking the WE/MI serve periodically all day. Both servers are still offline right now.

We are dealing with some really inept people at EA. They must have run some simple check that makes them think the server is up. As I said, you can ping the server and it's there, and the ping time is ok. On the basis of that, they may be saying the server is up. Well it is in a way, but that doesn't allow us to logon and play the game. The whole thing is just plain rediculous. These people are supposed to be professionals. I emailed EA support, but I don't expect anything to happen. Someone who knows what they are doing has to check it out.

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

warning- plot loss in progress Senior Member barocca's Avatar
    (*disclaimer* - reality may or may not exist, in some societies reality is a crime, punishable by life)

hmm - lotsa email addresses..
    should I?

[This message has been edited by barocca (edited 07-13-2002).]

Read my post at the bottom. -S

[This message has been edited by Shiro (edited 07-13-2002).]
    The winds that blows -
    ask them, which leaf on the tree
    will be next to go.

Looks like Nick Bick is the admin, and his phone number, email and address is right there. I'm going to email him. It's 3 AM in the UK right now.

Here's what I sent:

Hi Nick,

Sorry to bother you, but EA support thinks that both STW and WE/MI servers which run on daphne.eagames.co.uk (212.36.147.193) are operating. In fact, they have both been not working for two days. I can ping the machine, but the game servers themselves are not allowing anyone to login. Any chance you could take a look at it?

Thanks,
    **My real name**

[This message has been edited by Puzz3D (edited 07-13-2002).]

Senior Member Senior Member Shiro's Avatar

All right guys I don't think you should be posting the personal info of someone without his permission on this web site. I really don't want to be the cause of an attack by crazed Shogun guys ( ) on his house.

I'm going to delete the info for now, Barocca, and ask you not to re-post it. Give me some time to check in with my fellow moderators and I'll get back to you all on this question.

The info is not lost forever. I've saved it.

------------------
    “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.”
    —Samuel Johnson

[This message has been edited by Shiro (edited 07-13-2002).]
    "Everything Shiro said sounds good to me."
    -Solypsist
    "Catiline is the one with the black rag and Shiro is erm...the other one..."
    -Tosa

Shiro,

My name, address and phone number is distributed all over the place by businesses without my permission. I'm not able to stop that from occuring because it's perfectly legal in the USA. I don't know if it's illegal in foreign countries.

EA tech support thinks the server is up, so you can forget about them trying to fix it because they're just going to say there is no problem. That's great. If we contact CA, Erado jumps down our throats. Now the EA server administrator is prounced off limits. I guess I'll email Richie. Why don't they just shut the damn thing down, so we can put an end to our frustration.

Senior Member Senior Member Shiro's Avatar

I understand your frustration and I ask for your patience while we come up with a strong policy on this.

At least you still have the info I'm sure. I really can't do anything to stop you from giving it to people. It's probably in the hard drives of many patrons in one form or another.

------------------
    “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.”
    —Samuel Johnson
    "Everything Shiro said sounds good to me."
    -Solypsist
    "Catiline is the one with the black rag and Shiro is erm...the other one..."
    -Tosa