Thread: Is uit just me, or was the original shogun better than MI/WE

Well, I thought so...there are new feautures, but in the end they annoy and the tweeks are none to my favour. I kind of lost interest in shogun after a while because of it, I fired up the old one and I am playing it just as much as I used to now.(Also useful honing tactics for medieval.
    "U dare challenge the drunken ninjas!"
    Rokkaku of the Drunken Ninjas

Senior Member Senior Member Dionysus9's Avatar

I didnt really notice a big difference in MI/WE compared to STW. The intro movie is much cooler, you get ninjas and kensai...

Not much difference really.

Hunter_Bachus

yeh, there wasnt all that much diffrence
    "U dare challenge the drunken ninjas!"
    Rokkaku of the Drunken Ninjas

lets not forget; nag cav, cheaper and quicker buildings, some larger territories by the bays and daimyos that are safer from ninjas. also, the ability to upgrade and retrain exsisting units, the ability to burn exsisting buildings for extra koku, ninjas that can open gates of castles that are being seiged, and combineing units of unequal size.(ie.. a unit of 50 and a unit of 40 can combine to create a unit of 60 and a unit of 30)

[This message has been edited by MizuKokami (edited 07-17-2002).]
    Looking out on the field of battle, seeing the twisted corpses of mine and my enemy's men, i wonder how we ever convinced anyone that war equals glory.

And being able to disband units lol

So, overall, not much difference

Original STW is a little harder. I still prefer the original and play it more often than the WE/MI.

I prefer MI/WE, and I agree very much with MizuKokami. There are a lot of good refinements.

Also the many new scenarios (1530, 1550, 1580), and the ability to play custom campaigns (the campaigns created by fans).

I liked MI/WE more because of the refinement of the Japanese Sengoku Jidai campaigns, and not because of the addition of the Mongol Invasion campaign. Mongols are fun to play but only for a short while. Mongol campaigns are rather simple (as in shallow strategic gameplay).