Thread: I HAVE FOUND A WAY TO PLAY ONLINE!

Ok , go to Kali.net and download their program from one of the mirrior given. Install and then configure all the crap it says to and let it scan for games on your hardrive. Then once done we will be able to play online by arranging games ehre or somewhere else if the mods do not want them to be at forum. Well, gl all, hope to see you all there. -Tony, Getting MI soon. (Need any help, just post it here.)

[This message has been edited by Cadamer (edited 07-18-2002).]
    -Blah

Ok wait, do we have to pay for this at all, I mean ever? If not, then count me in. But I'm sure they don't just offer this for free. That wouldn't happen. Please elaborate if you know.

warning- plot loss in progress Senior Member barocca's Avatar
    (*disclaimer* - reality may or may not exist, in some societies reality is a crime, punishable by life)

last time i checked kali did not support stw,
    this has changed?
    kali now supports stw? warlords?
    The winds that blows -
    ask them, which leaf on the tree
    will be next to go.

I have just installed it and yes it seems to be totally free. Still trying to work out how to use it.

As everyone who plays this game have been using the EA server to this point, we would have to inform people that this does exist, and try to get as many people to use it as possible.

It is a new location for the community to play shogun online, using a different server, NO MORE EA, we will not have to deal with these arsholes any more.

Lets try to work this out and make it grow, I dont think it would take much.

Whos interested ?????

------------------
    He who knows men is clever, he who knows himself has insight, he who conquers man has force, he who conquers himself is truly strong. LaoTzu
    He who knows men is clever, he who knows himself has insight, he who conquers man has force, he who conquers himself is truly strong. LaoTzu

Found this in one of the files in kali program

**** What's New in Version 2.2 ****

Added support for:
    Tank Time, Links 2000, Airline Tycoon, Nascar Heat,
    Crimson Skies, 21st Century Sailing,
    AOE 2: The Conquerors Demo, Mech Warrior Vengeance,
    Intense Import Drag Racing, Shogun,
    Mercedes Benz Truck, 4x4 Evolution, RUNE,
    Dark Reign 2, Red Alert 2, FIFA 2001,
    ST: Elite Force, Kiss Psycho Circus,
    Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2, Quake 3 Team Arena Demo
    Insane, Swat 3, Colin McRae Rally 2, Halflife
    Counter-Strike Retail V1.0, NHL 2001,
    No One Lives Forever, Serious Sam,
    Baldur's Gate 2

Well some of us already tried kali a year ago and it didnt work. Wish you good luck so.
    The strength of my arms, the power of my soul, the valour of my men... These all belong to the Fear Clan. I'm ready to fight in the name of the clan.
    Shogun 2 on Facebook

Sorry on pessimist mode today, some questions that I immediately asked myself.

Is this a coincidence that another server appears which up to recently did not support STW.
    EA are having "problems" with the server it controls/regulates.
    New game on the horizon, which may reduce number of players for STW.
    Does Kali.net need permission from EA to run STW on their server (more competition)?

Is there going to be a Press Release from EA do you think!

Optimistic mode kicks in.
    Its great that new players will have the chance to go online.

Ok, yes it is TOTTALY FREE. Me and my friend play hacked version of war3 on this lots, it works great, havnt tried shogun on it yet but it does have it, not sure about MI though(will soon.) They have had shogun on kali for atleast a month. Now it would be soooooo cool if we can get lots of people into this so we wont have to arrange game and we can just go in and find games already made if theres enough people, jsut like on ea's server. Ok well, any more questions just feel free to ask. And no they do not have permission. kali is run by people who get sick of bullshit companys who run crap servers. Thats what i have heard at least. Anyway hope to see you guys online in a few more hours! Best of luck! -Tony

[This message has been edited by Cadamer (edited 07-18-2002).]
    -Blah

hey fucy, which version where you using when you tryed? In my prior post you can see that it was in there v2.2 release that they claim it to be supported, and now there up v2.4

cheers DS

------------------

Senior Member Senior Member NinjaKilla's Avatar

Can you keep us up to date with this plz? If its any good I think we could easily get most peeps on it.

------------------
    Clan Kenchikuka

This seems like good news to the 'dyed in the wool' Samurai who want to continue the struggle in Japan. If it works many will join I am sure.
    ........Orda

------------------
    " Send us your ambassadors and thus we shall judge whether you wish to be at peace with us or at war..if you make war on us the Everlasting God, who makes easy what was difficult and makes near what was far, knows that we know what our power is."

EA registration now works.....this solves the worlord ed problem for newbies...

As for the original shogun....im not sure if the server has retured as of yet...if it dosnt then this will resolve that problem...Im sure the kali server will do it.

------------------

Senior Member Senior Member Dionysus9's Avatar

As soon as someone gets Kali to work with Shogun (i.e. you have played a full game vs. someone), let us all know and I bet most will switch over.

Hunter_Bachus

Thats great news that it's back online! But if the Shogun server doesnt work i will try playin a full game on kali and iam sure it will work but i shall try to make sure. Ok, wish me luck. -Tony
    -Blah

Alright, original shogun isn't working. So if someone wants to help me see if it works on kali please give me a time to go onto it. Thank you in advance. -Tony.
    -Blah