Thread: Newbie question - Documentation?

Hello fellow Shoguns!

I have just received a used version of STW:Warlord Edition from a friend of mine and I can't believe that the documentation provided with the game (Way of the Daimyo) is the only information as there are no real instructions on how to correctly use the strategic map in campaign mode. As well there is no information on keyboard layout, shortcuts etc.

Does anyone of you know if there is an alternative documentation (no walkthrough) maybe written by one of you guys that gives a brief overview of how to handle gameplay in Shogun (especially keyboard commands and functions in the strategic map)?

I would be very thankful if someone could help me with this...

------------------
    Relax!
    Relax!

There is a manual, techtree and faq for the original STW here:
    http://www.totalwar.org/maps/faqs.shtml

Although Warlords came with a printed manual and techtree, I though they were also on the CD.

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

Thanks a lot! I haven't checked the CD yet as I have installed it yesterday, maybe you're right. I heard that there are different versions of documentations depending on which country you live in.
    Relax!

Quote Originally posted by hoover2701:
    Thanks a lot! I haven't checked the CD yet as I have installed it yesterday, maybe you're right. I heard that there are different versions of documentations depending on which country you live in.[/QUOTE]LOL youve not even checked the CD yet??? Lazy springs to mind

Warlord Edition has a manual of instructions contained on the cd. So much nicer when you get a nice fat booklet like STW had.
    .......Orda

------------------
    " Send us your ambassadors and thus we shall judge whether you wish to be at peace with us or at war..if you make war on us the Everlasting God, who makes easy what was difficult and makes near what was far, knows that we know what our power is."

Quote Originally posted by Orda Khan:
    Warlord Edition has a manual of instructions contained on the cd. So much nicer when you get a nice fat booklet like STW had.
    .......Orda

[/QUOTE]I agree u can sit up in bed at nite and read it....Or even take it too school and read in leasons
    MTW better come with a booklet.....

Documentation, what documentation?

If you talk about the little booklets, it is actually misinformation. The kind that prompt you to buy all cav army...

MizuYari

For England and St.George Senior Member ShadesWolf's Avatar

Anybody looking for info on the game, ie manuals then the link below will help
    http://www.totalwar.org/maps/faqs.shtml
    ShadesWolf
    The Original HHHHHOWLLLLLLLLLLLLER

Im a Wolves fan, get me out of here......