Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Citadel: Total War- The Rennaissance

a room with a hole in the side for air and food and a computer on the other side.

Default Re: Citadel: Total War- The Rennaissance

Sounds like a good idea, but don't count on me to find them, I'm pretty uninterested in ordinary quotes.
    Do you have any quotes in mind, or could you find some?
    Already got a whole list of them, I made it a while ago, when someone said they were going to do a quote list, unfortunately that person dissapeared, but I still have the list. I can easily put them in-game, along with the credits, if you want.
    HELP CITADEL TOTAL WAR USE THE LINK BELOW

CITADEL TOTAL WAR: A modification for Rome Total War

Vermonter and Seperatist Member Uesugi Kenshin's Avatar

I like the songs, but I think we should use shorter quotes. Maybe some Shakespeare if it is short enough. Anyone know of an y good period quotes?
    "A man's dying is more his survivor's affair than his own."
    C.S. Lewis

"So many people tiptoe through life, so carefully, to arrive, safely, at death."
    Jermaine Evans

Well why don't we mix a bit of quotes and a bit of songs & other quotes from literature. I have my heart set on 'We few we lucky few, we band of brothers' which is from, IIRC, Henry V, just before the battle. Fits the time period as well. And kind of describes us, the Citadel team, a bit don't you think

If anybody has access to the original text (in English) of this play he or she can check it and find the appropriate act/scene number to go along with the quote.

I think a mix would be quite good. The band of brothers quote is a great one to include, it has been used so many times since then, it fits very well.
    C.S. Lewis

"So many people tiptoe through life, so carefully, to arrive, safely, at death."
    Jermaine Evans

a room with a hole in the side for air and food and a computer on the other side.

Yeah that quote is a really good one. Also my name is up twice on the team list... Might want to fix that, there aren't two Saranalos'

All right I will, I wonder when I messed that up... We need more quotes...
    C.S. Lewis

Jermaine Evans

No, I have a huge list of quotes, I just sent the ones I have saved to Narayanese because he asked for them. I think I might have sent you a copy as well, but I'm not sure... I can evem get more quotes if they are not enough, and I'm sure we can get some from plays, poems and more.
    Last edited by Saranalos; 04-13-2005 at 04:24.

Could you e-mail them to me? That would be great. I believe we need seventy, if we need some more I could look through my military anthology that starts at the beginning of time poretty much and find our period in it. There might be a few quotes, besides it would be fun to re-read.
    C.S. Lewis

Jermaine Evans

He did ~150 quotes, which is just many enough to fill up the file (I think the game has 145 or so quotes), but lots of them are cerventes and erasmus. I have 10-20 songs too. More quotes would be good for diversity.

Well, if you want more quotes, then look at the websites listed at the bottom of the file.

He did ~150 quotes
    I never knew I got that much...

Celtic Winter is looking for some research or other non-technical work to do. I am trying to find something for him, if anybody has any suggestions they are welcome.
    C.S. Lewis

Jermaine Evans

Maybe the landmarks for historical battles? I don't really know otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Uesugi Kenshin
    Celtic Winter is looking for some research or other non-technical work to do. I am trying to find something for him, if anybody has any suggestions they are welcome.
    He could find/do
    * starting positions for the members of the royal families
    * unit descriptions, preferably including in what way they fought so that it is easier for the player to choose authentic formation and tactics.
    * faction descriptions, imho they should be short.

I would like to do unit descriptions since I did a lot of reaserch for the units, seems like the best way of doing it, I have the most info on units available. Instead, we need historical events reaserch. You know, stuff like the Gutenberg press, Luther's 95 thesis, Act of Supremacy, various artworks (Mona Lisa, Sixtine chapel), Savoranola and the Bonfire of Vanity and other historical events, things that pop up at the begining of a turn.

I can do that!

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

New question: Should this mod require the expansion?

I am inclined to say yes. The expansion is adding new features, such as religion and hopefully time periods and more factions and units and the mod will not be as good without the expansion. While requiring the expansion may seem like a bad idea as it will lower the amount of people who will use it the mod will be an overall better gaming experience with the added features.

Celtic Winter I think you should start on the landmarks, faction descriptions and historical events. If you would like you and Ignoramus can divide the events into time periods, geographical areas or factions.
    C.S. Lewis

Jermaine Evans

Yes, that seems like a good idea. Maybe Celtic Winter and I can divide the work between us. I'll pm him soon.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

Godspetmonkey this is about the content you sent to the people on your mailing list.

The projectile from the guns seems to float too far up and it can be dropped onto city walls like a mortar, is there any way to change this? If so where is the file, I will play around with it if you want.

The serpentine seems to drop the round too low into the ground, I am not sure if this is realistic or not, but the gun seems far too inaccurate. Is there a way to fix that? If so tell me where the file is and I will tinker with that as well.

The rest of it looks and plays great!
    C.S. Lewis

Jermaine Evans

New question: Should this mod require the expansion?

I am inclined to say yes. The expansion is adding new features, such as religion and hopefully time periods and more factions and units and the mod will not be as good without the expansion. While requiring the expansion may seem like a bad idea as it will lower the amount of people who will use it the mod will be an overall better gaming experience with the added features

I don't think it will lower the amount of people of use the mod, in fact it would be higher than if we didn't use the expansion. All people who like RTW would buy the expansion, and people who like RTW would be more likely to use the CTW mod.

Anyway, I'll be around less since my time on the comp has been reduced. And I even might be going back to school after summer, so I wouldn't be around as much.

The stats for the models are only temporary, I could run through the descr_unit file, and fix the stats to be more realistic if anyone wants.

And cannon sounds... We could use the MTW sounds, or I could try and record some.
    Last edited by Saranalos; 04-25-2005 at 22:13.

I noticed a little bug today, I believe the akinji tend to have a streak of color running off of them into the ground. The sort of blurred funky looking streak.
    C.S. Lewis

Jermaine Evans

I remembered something else I wanted to do today. I decided I would post a little list of what value equals what type of attack or defence for what type of unit. I know this will help me when I start giving the units from the pre-everything release and I figured it might help someone else. This is a work in progress, but here we go.

Archers Attack:
    3=Average
    4-6=rare, slightly above average
    7-9=high
    10+=extremely rare, very high (forester warbands are the only ones I saw in my cursory examination.)

Infantry Attack:
    1-3=Horrible
    3-6=Very bad, trouble fighting archers...
    7-9=Bad to average depending on defence. (legionnaries are the exception, armor makes their attack good enough.)
    10-12=average to slightly high
    13-16=high to very high
    17-20=excellent
    21+=Insane
    C.S. Lewis

Jermaine Evans

Default Citadel: Total War- The Rennaissance

Are there to be scenarios involved in this version. If so, what will they focus on. I have many opinions (as does everyone I gather) as to what would be an ideal historial scenario setting.

How will this game work with the chronology? If chrinology is not important, then you will not need as much research.

Are there to be scenarios involved in this version. If so, what will they focus on. I have many opinions (as does everyone I gather) as to what would be an ideal historial scenario setting.
    Scenarios? I don't really know what you mean by that... If you mean historical battles, then they will be as accurate as possible for the battle which they represent.

As Saranalos said the historical battles will be as close to reality as possible, but with conflicting battle reports, histroical writings lost to time and the limitations of the game they will not be perfect.

Our chronology will be somewhat loose, nations will exist for the most part as they did in 1402 and go from there, if a group was defeated shortly there after we do not care so much, we just look for the best factions possible. But the historical events, such as the Reformation and Renaissance will be either triggered to their exact start dates or if possible given a small range centered on their start dates to make the game a bit different every time.
    C.S. Lewis

Jermaine Evans

For music, if you want I can take good care of it. I have a HUGE music collection(specially medieval/renaissance folk songs,etc) and I have some good ideas of songs that could be used.

Sounds good, we have every now and then had the topic of music come up and I think Saranalos and someone else may have had ideas about it as well, maybe it was Ignoramus or Yggdrasill, I don't remember it was a looong time ago.
    C.S. Lewis

Jermaine Evans

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Rusher
    I AM TRIUMPHANT!!!

Just found this site, really Interesting scenario. Looking forward to play it.

That map doesn't look that accurate ... this map is a bit better and more detailed. :)

Oh, while I'm at it, why not use coat of arms for the latin/orthodox countries instead of that roman shield, perhaps something like this? :)

Since I am doing the historical battles, I started making the battle of Agincourt. There is quite a lot of problems with this battle, firstly, I have to add a lot of mud, and the mud dosen't look very good... Secondly the AI if commanding the English army, it will run around in circles because it won't take off skirmish mode. I tried it with some really basic horsemen, and I barely lost the battle against the English Archers. The French knights probably would sweep the field with the English archers.

And we need to have a complete list of all the battles being done, I don't know if this has been done or not, but I would prefer it to be finalized before I start on a battle that does not go into the final product.

Ok, Saranalos post the battles you have researched and add some comments on the difficulties of making them and such.

Ignoramus please post the battles you want in the demo here and follow with a few comments.
    C.S. Lewis

Jermaine Evans

I haven't researched them all yet, but here is a basic list of battles that went on in the time period we are covering

1402-1403
    Richard III campaigns in Scotland and Wales by usurping King Henry IV and his son, later Henry V.

Florence conquers Pisa.

Henry V is victorious over French at Agincourt.

Joan of Arc leads French to break English siege of Orleans. Charles VII crowned king of France.

1448-53
    Series of victories wins back for France almost all the previous English gains. End of Hundred Years' War.

Mercenary leader, Francesco Sforza, seizes power in Milan.(Sforza snake?)

Byzantine Empire conquered by the Turks. The capture of Constantinople by Turks leads to large numbers of teachers, scholars, and books coming to Italy.

1455-85
    Long civil wars - Wars of the Roses - devastate England. Final victory of Henry IV founds Tudor dynasty. Barons stripped of much of their power. Medieval period ends.

At Sforza's invitation, Charles VIII of France invades Italy.

French capture Naples, but forced to leave by an alliance of Spain, the Empire, England, Venice and Milan.

Louis XII of France seizes Milan.

Battle of Marignano. Francis I of France defeats Swiss and regains Milan.

I cannot remember the exact date we stop at, so I'll leave it there. There is more I am sure, but I was being kicked off the computer, and didn't have time to make a full search.

I researched Agincourt, and with the details I got, I should be able to replicate it except for the mud.

I researched Agincourt because I knew that was going to be in the historical battles list, but I left the others because i was unsure of which of them would be in.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast