Thread: Citadel: Total War- The Rennaissance

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Savior of Peasant Phill Member Silver Rusher's Avatar

Thumbs up Rennaissance Mod for Rome

Citadel: Total War, a mod for Rome
    Your support in any way at all is very, very much appreciated.

After much thought about the original plan for Citadel: Total War, I find it a much better idea to create a mod now covering not only Italy, but all of Europe as well. It will be divided into three periods, each one partly (not fully) reflecting the position at that time. I hope to make good use of the Rome Total War engine, as it allows flexable movements and complex diplomatic agreements.

The Team (your name could be here too!):

The Campaign Map

Silver_Rusher(campaign map, scripting, campaign graphics and founder)
    Narayanese (Unit pieces)

Unit Lists/Miscellanious Research

Ignoramus (Research, faction lists, Malta Demo and background research)
    Zharakov (Russia research and unit lists) *No longer active*
    Celtic Winter(unit coordinator)
    Yggdrasill(scripting and unit lists)
    Suleiman the Magnificent(research) *No longer active*
    Saranalos(historical battles and text editing(credits!, unit stats))

3D Models and Textures

GodsPetMonkey(3D graphics)
    Two Roses (Textures) *No longer active*
    Narayanese (Textures and banners, interface)
    Devercia (Textures)
    Shark974 (Textures)

Playtesting

Uesugi Kenshin (Team leader, subforum moderator, head playtester)
    Che_87 (Playtesting and bug finding)
    Wazikashi (Playtesting and bug finding)
    Dark_Shadow89 (Playtesting and bug finding)
    Dionysos (Playtesting, bug finding and sound gathering)
    Lief (Playtesting and bug finding)
    Janissary Karamurat (Playtesting and bug finding)
    Withmyspearandmagichelmet!!! (Playtesting and bug finding)
    goliath88 (Playtesting and bug finding)
    MetalSlug (Playtesting and bug finding)
    Two Roses (Playtesting and bug finding)

Special Thanks to:
    FEMTO for gathering pictures for the loading screens.

More below
    Last edited by Uesugi Kenshin; 12-21-2005 at 01:06.
    THE GODFATHER, PART 2
    The Thread

Default Re: Citadel: Total War- The Rennaissance

The Factions:

Aragonese = Scythians

Castilians = Spain

Danes = Pontus

English = Britannia

French = Gaul

Golden Horde = Egypt

Hapsburgs = Parthians

Hungarians = Armenians

Mamluks = Seleucids

Moors = Thrace

Italians = Dacia

Polish = Carthage

Russia = Numidia

Turks = Greek Cities

Venetians = Germanians

Papacy = Senate
    Knights of St. John = Julii
    Knights of the Dragon = Scipii

(this symbol is under construction)

Teutonic Knights = Brutii
    Last edited by Silver Rusher; 12-06-2004 at 21:03.
    THE GODFATHER, PART 2
    The Thread

General Info on the mod: (soon to be updated and provided)

The mod begins in 1402. I believe this is the best era because of all the large numbers of squabbling factions around (unfortunately most had to be cut out due to Rome's limits) and also the fact that uses of weaponry changed so much in that time: guns and cannons being the preffered assault weapon and pikes the preffered defence; with swords now reverting to a position as secondary weapons rather than primary ones. Let's not forget the cavalry, they became much lighter and abandoned armour quite extensively due to the increased usage of gunpowder.

European culture also made a large change during the time; paintings in Italy were becoming very common, which is actually where the period gets the name "Renaissance": literally meaning: "Enlightenment". Architecture took a huge blow in many forms; the Gothic style of architecture came around in the era and fortifications had to improve dramatically to protect the people within from cannons, sometimes even using earth in the walls, as they were cheap and efficiant in stopping cannons from doing their job properly.

This era saw the death pretty much of the Crusaders, thanks to the Ottomans and Polish, as well as most other medieval culture. The modern age of fighting was about to begin.
    Last edited by Silver Rusher; 11-23-2004 at 22:35.
    THE GODFATHER, PART 2
    The Thread

Forum Key: (soon to be updated and provided)
    Last edited by Silver Rusher; 11-22-2004 at 22:31.
    THE GODFATHER, PART 2
    The Thread

Will this be basically Rome Total War modified into Medieval Total War?

Well... yes and no. The timeframe will be similar (1402-1600), but I will try to make the units/gameplay/buildings etc. different but still good to play to give people a new game, rather than just playing medieval once again but on a 3d engine.
    THE GODFATHER, PART 2
    The Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Rusher
    The Factions:

Italians = Egypt

Hi there,

I am very excited to hear about the development of this mod. However, one thing I am worried about is that you have not included the Mamluk Empire (how can you not include them?). Since you have decided to have the game start in 1402, I think the Mamluks should be included too. You may argue that the Mamluks were pretty much finished in 1517 and became the subjects of the Ottomans. However, I would argue that as the game is starting in 1402 then we the player should determine the course of destiny for the faction we play with. I might, playing as the Mamluks not get crushed by the Ottomans and in fact defeat the Ottomans themselves. In addition, change the course of history. There has to be a little level of fantasy in the game, which is pretty much, what we are doing when we are attempting to conquer the whole of Europe. I think it would be a shame to just only include one Muslim faction. It would also allow for more different play styles as the Mamluks had different troops to the Ottomans, and there would also be good reason to then use the Arab type game models for the game. Oh please include another Muslim faction. In my opinion it would be an obvious choice to have the Mamluks = Egyptians rather than Italians = Egyptians. Oh please, please include the Mamluks. Anyway, this mod is sounding really cool and hopefully will end up really great, just add the Mamluks too. Please? I will cry my eyes out if you don’t. :(

Yeah, I think I'm gonna replace the byzantines.

Italians = Egyptians really doesn't mean anything. It really does not matter which faction the new thing is replacing the older version of, quite simply. Starting positions and everything are being completely revamped, don't worry.
    THE GODFATHER, PART 2
    The Thread

Hmmm…I was just thinking, I like the sound of this mod and I would be interested to help you in some way. I know how to texture, pretty competently. However, I have never done retextures for any of the total war games. If there is a small tutorial on how to do such a thing, I can help out on some of the Mamluk units and other units, and I can also come up with a variety of names. However, I must stress that I am an extremely busy person doing other things, but if you want my help on this then I will devote what free time I get into helping you out. Tell me what you think? Also is there a tutorial on how to edit existing meshes without losing the animation information? If there is then I can also make completely new models for you. I have no animation experience, however, what I could do is to make brand new meshes, and if there is an animator in this group then I could always pass on the meshes to the animator. Tell me what you think!

Vermonter and Seperatist Member Uesugi Kenshin's Avatar

Angry Re: Citadel: Total War- The Rennaissance

OI! Constantinople shall fall swiftly no matter what you do for the Grand Sultan Suleiman wishes it to be so! Once the Grand Turkish armies arrive the Hagia Sofia shall be the greatest mosque ever built by christian hands! Come Mamluks obtain your own faction so we may do glorious battle on the plains of the east, but in the end the Ottoman empire shall hold all of the lands on this great earth and we shall rule with justice and fairness over all the peoples of the world!

Good idea about the mamluks and Constantinople, by the way it is Suleiman and not Selim because I plan to take Constantinople before he is Sultan and possible before he is born....
    "A man's dying is more his survivor's affair than his own."
    C.S. Lewis

"So many people tiptoe through life, so carefully, to arrive, safely, at death."
    Jermaine Evans

Not affiliated with Red Dwarf. Member Ianofsmeg16's Avatar
    Home of Palm trees, cats with no tails, three-legged men, fairies...and more german bikers than germany

yhis looks fantastic, i'm no good at modelling but i do now quite a bit on historical armies no bragging, for example, the italians focused primarily on arquebuses/firelock muskets, and the longbow in enlgand was in decline but still used, France was incredible with cavalry and spain was focused on pikemen/halberdiers

will you include the discovery of america?
    When I was a child
    I caught a fleeting glimpse
    Out of the corner of my eye.
    I turned to look but it was gone
    I cannot put my finger on it now
    The child is grown,
    The dream is gone.
    I have become comfortably numb...

Proud Supporter of the Gahzette

Unfortunately actually having the Americas and other areas in the mod is restricted by RTW's engine, but we will be including it as an "event".

If you wish to contribute to historical army research, please post in this thread: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=39947

Thanks and welcome to the ORG,
    SR
    THE GODFATHER, PART 2
    The Thread

Well lets see here. This sounds really cool to me. I think I would be interested, however. I cant do graphics. I would like to help you with possibly storylines. The actual principles of the game. Um just send me an email or whatever. Or just reply to this thread because Ill start to check it. Im not really sure about how all the mapping works anyways. So as soon as I get some information on limitations, or confirmation whether you need someone else or not. Then Ill just brainstorm in the mean time. Shanks.

Quote Originally Posted by chinaboy71
    Well lets see here. This sounds really cool to me. I think I would be interested, however. I cant do graphics. I would like to help you with possibly storylines. The actual principles of the game. Um just send me an email or whatever. Or just reply to this thread because Ill start to check it. Im not really sure about how all the mapping works anyways. So as soon as I get some information on limitations, or confirmation whether you need someone else or not. Then Ill just brainstorm in the mean time. Shanks.
    Do you have any scripting ability? Because we mostly need scripters, voices and graphics. Or, maybe you could do voices... What kind of accent do you have?
    THE GODFATHER, PART 2
    The Thread

|LGA.3rd|General Clausewitz Member Kaiser of Arabia's Avatar

Ok, every coding I have tried barringchanging unit types on the campaign map has failed miserably. I may still suceed though. I'll try to see what I can do.

Why do you hate Freedom?
    The US is marching backward to the values of Michael Stivic.

Thumbs up Re: Citadel: Total War- The Rennaissance

Quote Originally Posted by Capo of Arabia
    Ok, every coding I have tried barringchanging unit types on the campaign map has failed miserably. I may still suceed though. I'll try to see what I can do.
    Me too.
    Learning to mod a new game is hard. I don't have a clue about how I got on so well with MTW.
    Last edited by Silver Rusher; 10-19-2004 at 20:26.
    THE GODFATHER, PART 2
    The Thread

Do you have any scripting ability? Because we mostly need scripters, voices and graphics. Or, maybe you could do voices... What kind of accent do you have?Umm..Okay lets see here. Scripting. If that means can I make short paragraphs that sound attractive, surely. Also Ill do accents if you want. I have a mic its just that I need a program to record them. Or I probably already have them it's just that I don't know where it is. Anyways my accent. Im actually from the NY. Its just that I moved to China recently. I'd be willing to do what is within my abilities. Just guide me and give me my mission. Shanks

Yeah okay sorry. I copied what you wrote so I could remember what I was talking about. Then I forgot to delete it. Heres what I meant to say
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Umm..Okay lets see here. Scripting. If that means can I make short paragraphs that sound attractive, surely. Also I'll do accents if you want. I have a microphone. It's just that I need a program to record them. Or I probably already have them it's just that I don't know where it is. Anyways my accent. I'm actually from the NY. It's just that I moved to China recently. I'd be willing to do what is within my abilities. Just guide me and give me my mission. Shanks.

Another thing is how you're going to control the princess marrying off...

Like would you add it as a diplomatic proposal because the princesses of the royal families would never marry a commoner.

Sorry Tribolute, not possible.
    THE GODFATHER, PART 2
    The Thread

Hi Silver Rusher

The mod sounds cool and i'd love to help. I have a bit of knowledge on the military tactics and armies of the time... I could do some research too.

my email is dark_shadow89@hotmail.com

piece of info #1:

From what i've read armies at this time (1500s) were massive pikemen armies (swedish & swiss). Guns were still pretty primative, with arquebuses and early muskets. Soldiers still wore armour too. I've thinking u could convert the hoplites in RTW to become pikemen - just take away the shields.

thats all...hope i make the team...

dark_shadow89

Hi, SilverRusher is no longer very active on the forum. I have been elected the new team leader. I will send you an e-mail.
    Can you model?
    Can you do any sort of 3D or 2D work?
    Other than that we have pretty much everything covered I think, but more help is always welcome.
    C.S. Lewis

"So many people tiptoe through life, so carefully, to arrive, safely, at death."
    Jermaine Evans

dictator by the people Member caesar44's Avatar

Smile Re: Citadel: Total War- The Rennaissance

hi team leader
    you said that you covered almost everything
    how are you going to represent the papacy ?
    its going to act like the senate ? or like the papacy in mtw ?
    there is to be several german states or one h.r.e. ?

besides , good luck

"The essence of philosophy is to ask the eternal question that has no answer" (Aristotel) . "Yes !!!" (me) .

"Its time we stop worrying, and get angry you know? But not angry and pick up a gun, but angry and open our minds." (Tupac Amaru Shakur)

The papacy is going to be like the senate, and will influence the Italian states. There will be one HRE and I believe there were some ideas as to how we could make it more historically accurate, but I do not know if we decided on one.
    C.S. Lewis

Jermaine Evans

dictator by the people Member caesar44's Avatar

Smile Re: Citadel: Total War- The Rennaissance

hi
    ok
    please make it several german states
    the largest conflicts of the era were between the german states
    the hre was just a frame with no reality
    one german state was making alliance with the franch or english against another german state
    the hre did not have a singel policy , to the contrary

"The essence of philosophy is to ask the eternal question that has no answer" (Aristotel) . "Yes !!!" (me) .

"Its time we stop worrying, and get angry you know? But not angry and pick up a gun, but angry and open our minds." (Tupac Amaru Shakur)