Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Thread: The Wheel of Time - Total War (for Rome)

Default Re: The Wheel of Time - Total War (for Rome)

sounds good, except are we going to be able to retrain them? Otherwise i dont believe they will last very long. We do know that the Seachan armies do have huge amounts of soldiers from home ex. that general that Mat tricks into pulling down out of the narrows it says that over half of his 100,000 men are veterans from home.

I dont think there should be a great deal of seanchan soldiers as it seems that only the core of their forces are now made up of seanchan soldiers with the vast majority being levy amadicians/altarans/taraboners. This is especialy true since they are pretty quickly cut off from their mainland.

Perhaps if the Seanchan started with a single full stack representing the forerunners they would have to rely on levys until the return arives with a pretty sizeable army and then its just levys and the player would have to decide where his precious seanchan soldiers are used so they arnt thrown away.

I think this would represent the cutting off of the mainland pretty well as it would still give the seanchan a large force but they wouldnt get any reinfocements from their home making it very much like the book with lots of levys.

But they are not cut off... and there are more Seachan soldiers than you think. What I just said how that army that is simply watching the back of the main push against Illian is over half seachan and there are 100k men in that force. There is also the forces in Tarabon. I think you should be able to recruit Seachan soldiers, but they take way longer possibly like 4 turns where the levies would take 1 or 2.

They are effectively cut off since Semirhage(i think) killed their emperess and someone stated there would be no reinforcements from home.

No, the empress is dead at the end of the book but Tuon is set to take over. Just because the empress is dead doesnt mean supplies and such are going to stop coming from mainland Seachan. And if supplies were cut off from the act of the empress and the high lords deaths how would they even know about it in Ebou Dar. Even so when the mod is starting in the age of Rand I believe will be right after the Aiel take the stone therefore the Seachan invasion of Altara had not even begun.

Er.. I was under the impression that no more reinforcements were coming... Mebe something Suroth or Semirhage said or something. Anyhoo, it wasnt entirely because the Empress had been killed but because Semirhage (go you good thing) BROKE the empire. Now on the other continent its a mass of civil wars. They are in no state at all to send any help to anybody. Thus even if Tuon assumes the throne, she'll have difficulty getting any help from over there anyhoo.

Ye thats what i was talking about.

Child of the Light Member GreyHuntr's Avatar

Yes, but the Empire isn't broken at the time of the game, and there is no guarantee it will be broken. The modders could possibly include it as an event later on if they choose to though.
    "The Children have authority where there is Light. Where the Light is not, we bring it!"

I agree with GreyHuntr, for what it's worth. The Seanchan are still intact at the start point, so the game should not have an anachronistic lack of reinforcements. Maybe with scripting, the Seanchan collapse can happen, but I have no idea what code would be needed, and if this is at all practical.

On another related note, maybe the Senachan should be able to re-train troops, but not create new ones (except for local auxillaries). This could represent how only a trickle (or maybe a small stream) of new troops are coming, and they are being used to refill the ranks of existing, depleted units.

Clovis
    "Forward, the Light Brigade!"
    Was there a man dismay'd?
    Not tho' the soldier knew
    Someone had blunder'd:
    Their's not to make reply,
    Their's not to reason why,
    Their's but to do and die:
    Into the valley of Death
    Rode the six hundred.

Child of the Light Member GreyHuntr's Avatar

As far as I know, it's impossible to retrain a unit to full strength unless you are capable of training it in that city in the first place. An earlier suggestion I had was to only make them recruitable on the islands off of the coast (possibly by using the elephant feature from the game), and basically pretend they arrived from the mainland. As for a collapse, it could be stated as an event like the compiling of the Bible was in BI. How it would affect the game I can't really say, maybe just remove Seanchan units form the build queus if possible.
    "The Children have authority where there is Light. Where the Light is not, we bring it!"

Quote Originally Posted by GreyHuntr
    As far as I know, it's impossible to retrain a unit to full strength unless you are capable of training it in that city in the first place.
    How did I forget this? Blast! that kills my brilliant idea.

Clovis
    "Forward, the Light Brigade!"
    Was there a man dismay'd?
    Not tho' the soldier knew
    Someone had blunder'd:
    Their's not to make reply,
    Their's not to reason why,
    Their's but to do and die:
    Into the valley of Death
    Rode the six hundred.

Im new to this forum thing but i like wot and rome total war and it seems to be a great combo. mostly i just want to know it this things done or if not how soon to completion. I dont really know anything about computers; strategy is my thing but i will help if i can. it really sounds like its going to be fun! so basically i want to know...Is it done??

thanks

Is the mod still being made for definite cos i asked Myrddraal if i could join the team. I would love to play a WOT mod. Does Rand have Asha'man and do they throw balefire or just fire or both?
    Carai an Caldazar!

The mod is on indefinite hold for now due to time constraints on the team. They may come back to it, they may not.
    A Game of Thrones: Total War - A mod for Medieval 2

First of all, thanks Myrddral and everyone else on the team!
    Even if work has stopped, it is a great thing you guys are doing, and I commend you.

As to Nae'Blis

Without trying to spoil anything, Morridin is Nae'Blis for now. I believe it was first mentioned in Crossroads of Twilight but confirmed by Graendal and Semirhage in Gathering Storm.
    Shaidar Haran is something different entirely:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    We also learn that this Myrddraal is able to smell the difference between saidar and saidin. Also in two cases while in Shaidar Haran's presence channelers were unable to feel the One Power, let alone channel it. Yet Shaidar Haran is limited in his ability to travel freely as he feels weak when away from Shayol Ghul too long, a limitation he is eager to sever. This creature is thus suspected by many readers to be an avatar of the Dark One.

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

Unforunately, as you can probably see from this thread's location (the Archives) the mod died a long time ago. The most gutting thing is that I lost the files somewhere along the lines. Looking over these threads now and looking at the few screenshots just reminds me of what we kept back, trying to keep it a surprise.

If any of the old devs are still around and have any of the files, I'd love to have a copy...

I didn't notice this was in the Archives, honestly. When I posted, it was under New Posts. :)
    Really sorry to hear about the files.. best of luck in retrieving them.
    I have no modding or file-editing skills, but I've read through the entire series three times and will add a fourth once I get new copies of the older books.

As for the Seanchan, even the Forerunners numbered tens of thousands of troops, and the Return was vaunted as being a massive army, on par with numbers of the Aiel, and accompanied by countless settlers.

Mat Cauthon sees Seanchan farmers and remarked even if their armies are repelled, the Seanchan people are here to stay.

They rule the entire south-west of the 'World' (whatever the name is for the WoT main continent; I've never seen it named in print), diving the 'World' into three empires, each of which is capable of fielding an army of 100,000 or more (Seanchan, Borderlanders, Draconian Empire)

Gee, I leave for a year or so and suddenly the boards are in a wild uproar about the mod.

Myrdraal, I've got your files, haven't looked at them in ages, and none of the units have proper stats, but I've got two factions, each with some units. I'll check them out and send over the files if you want them.

Was just thinking today a wheel of time mod would be awsome and would realy work . Was there ever awroking version eleased or did it not get that far. Unfortunate to here that its been dead for a while now.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122