Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wheel of Time - Total War (for Rome)

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

Default Re: The Wheel of Time - Total War (for Rome)

Ok I've sent them. I've also sent a copy to Martini_, as I think I might have sent you the wrong files before. Just compare the number of provinces in regions and settlements file. If they are the same, then ur ok with the ones I already sent you.

okay...so tell me what i need to start modelling.

I've just realised that we will probably need to add our own animations for the trolloc (not sure if its just me, but i always imagined trolloc with bent knees)

I guess you could start by The Queens Guards. They are a good starting point.

Here are a couple of descriptions straight from the books:

"Long white collars hung down over their mail and plate, and their cloaks and undercoats were red ... Each man's conical helmet shone like silver ... Thin red streamers fluttered beneath the heads of their lances ... A cage of steel bars masked each face."
    "The uniforms of the Queen's Guard include a red undercoat, gleaming mail and plate armor, and a brilliant red cloak. Long white collars hang over the armor, and white cuffs gleam at the wrist. Their helmets are conical with barred visors, and they often carry lances with thin red streamers fluttering from their tips."

Crown of Swords, if you want to do some art, this is your chance.

I got those quotes from this page:

WoT Compendium

A good site.

If you want me to do a skin for them, I can do that easy.

Good luck.

Can't do any work yet right now, next tuesday after I get home ill be fully equipped with my scanner and art utencils . Ill be able to pump out alot of work for you the first week and a half from there and ill still be able to do some after that. A skin could help I dont want to contradict your skins with my drawings unless you want to base the skins off of some of my drawings.

Also if you'd ever get on ICQ :P I could send you a lot of very well done artwork from other artists just to use maybe to base skins from.

CrownOfSwords u think u could do a concept art of queen's guard (just the front - thats what i'm having most trouble visualising)

Yeah I definately will do, maybe ill do a crappy paint version just as a rough it wont look great but youll get the concept. I have a pretty good idea in my head what to make the Queens guard look like.

That'd be great, thanks. Just need to know a rough idea.

Crown of Swords, I was thinking of basing the skin on the concept art.

NaeBlis, do you think you could send me some of the models in a format other than CAS. I don't have 3Dmax.

@_Martini, any luck?

pm me ur emails I dont know them, when im done with it ill send it to you.

@Myrddraal: What format would you like? .3ds?
    @CrownOfSwords - i'll send u a pm now.

.3ds is fine. Thx

@Crown of Swords, don't know if that was directed at me, I think u already know my email, but I'll pm you anyway.

Alright, rough draft will be ready in about 4 hours or so, have a AP us history final to take then ill finish it.. I have the body pretty well worked out but the helmet is just pissing me off, hard making a good "conical helmet with facebars"

After I finish my final I should be able to pump out a few more concepts, figured paint out really well now. When I get home ill throw some hand drawn sketches in also where I can put ALOT more detail in.

Considering you did that in paint, I'm impressed.

I agree about the other pic, the helmet is nothing like how I imagined it.

I think their collars should be longer too, and white.

But otherwise great.

There you go, thats my feedback...

_Martini, any luck,
    Nae Blis, can I have those models?

UM...yeah...about those models...I'm kinda still working on them (haven't had much time...started working 9.5 hours (just this week remaining), and been playing too much Warcraft (I know...I should play RTW instead...)

But I'll try to have them ready within a week.

What is the next concept you want me to work on? Im going to be home tomorrow so I can do a real Queen's Guard drawing if you want, but I think u guys have moved on so whats next? Ive been studying the companions have a good idea what the look like I could pump one out pretty easily.

NaeBlis, I don't necessarily mean a QG model, any model will do, I can extract the CAS files because I dont have 3DMax, I just want something to play with.

I real Queens Guard pic would be great, and so would the companions. I suggest we start with the eliete units of each nation and go on from there.

Still no news from _Martini?

Oh...U mean you want the game models?
    Or the models I'm working on?

Game or your own, I don't mind. If you don't want to send your own, then send me the barbarian skirmisher model please, and maybe a horse model. Thx.

k, i'll email those models.

If you want, you can edit them in gMax, send me the .3ds, and i can convert them in t .cas, if we're gonna modify the models, and not make our own from scratch (though, I say make them from scratch, but copy them off other models - i.e. model everything ourselves, but look at CA models for ideas on shapes of body etc)

Sure, with one exception. I used the barbarian skirmisher for the Aiel. Its nearly perfect, I just need to get rid of their braids and add about a foot of steel to their spears.

Calling all WoT fans, VOTE FOUNDRY! in the poll for the name of this forumn

VOTE!

I'm doing all this campaigning because at the moment Officina or something like that is winning, and I find foundry to be much better! This is the place where mod are founded,

@NaeBlis,

Could I have the barbarian skirmisher model, the one I would like is called unit_warband_peltast_german_high.cas

Thx.

@Martini_, please post, even if to say you've done nothing. I'd like to get some idea of progress...

Eh, keyboard broke down on me. Just convinced my parents that they should let me open my Christmas present early (they had already bought me a new keyboard for Christmas) so now I'm back in action. Sorry for not being able to respond back quicker.

Had finals last week anyway, probably wouldn't have been able to do much more than I did without the keyboard (nothing) I'll investigate tommorrow, as I'm off of work. Hopefully I can find something wrong with the file and have a fix for you before the weekends over, though it might take longer if the bug is harder to find. Who knows.

Once again, sorry for the lack of response on my part.

Martini_, I have started again on the campmap using DJs template in the hope that I can avoid the error again. I've only just started, and I've already run up against an error.

See my thread about it.

I will hopefully send you a copy of the files later today (GMT time)

hm, I have read through all the 6 pages and I have to say it looks very interesting.

I have spent about 3 months making a Warcraft III map to WoT (gave temporarily up after a server-split bug), was just searching around at internet when I found this mod. I really haven't got anything to add to the mod (can't paint, model or code) but I probably visit sometimes to give feedback (if it is wanted).

Have you thought anything about the Wonders? Rhuidean and the tower without a opening that Rand and Mat sees in the start of the books (+20 trade income?) Or buildings? Temples would not fit in perfectly since their is not much religion in WoT, except light and dark. Maybe you could have a Illimunators house (not sure about the spelling) that increase happiness?
    Wheel of Time mod forum
    Wheel of Time mod website
    Member of the Wheel of Time mod

I love reading wheel of time and this mod looks great! I really cannot do much to help the mod though since I am not very knowledgeable with computers. I have a suggestion for the Aes Sedai though. I think they would make great retinues as in like if you had a Yellow sister she would increase the amount of people healed after a battle kind of like the doctor, a Red sister would help when combating male channelers etc. You could also create historical battles. and include the Aes Sedai there. I'd think it would be best to have the actual campaign not really follow the books but just be sort of setup at the start with all the countries in their locations and then just let what ever happen happen. For the actual book things there are historical battles.

Its great to see two new people intereste in the mod.

Feedback and suggestions are always welcome, you don't have to be working on a mod to be interested in seeing it done.

We'll definately be including wonders, like maybe the hand on Tremalking and the statue of Arthur Hawking etc.

I'd love to do historical battles too, like maybe the battle for emonds field and stuff. If you have any ideas, feel free to post them.

In the meantime I have some unit descriptions. I'll be uploading them in the updates section of the website. (link in my sig)

I won't be able to work on any models until I get my laptop - which will probably be around mid/late January, as my computer's now gone to a computer grave (overheating - crappy fans and company I bought it from long liquified).

Ringwraith Extraordinaire Member The Witch-King's Avatar

Here is a link to some art from the New Spring comic book which is about to be released, inluding some soldiers from various nations. Since this comic has the official seal of approval from RJ, the art may prove useful when making models. :)

http://www.roaringstudios.com/ns/

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast