Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ELMO's LIST OF LEFT OUT'S IN RTW MP

PapaSmurf Senior Member Louis de la Ferte Ste Colombe's Avatar

Default Re: ELMO's LIST OF LEFT OUT'S IN RTW MP

Ok, there are some couple of issues associated with gamespy, or with game features like the number of player. No logfile, I can live with. 1 faction limit is dumb for sure, but it's not a big deal to fix (and next, we can mod extra 'mirror' faction, can we?) and Ca might even patch it.

But at least, do the battles play good? Are they fun and interesting to fight? Is it a rush game? A slow manoeuver game? How are different kind of units behaving?

Would someone be kind enough to post screenshot of RTW MP battles explaining a bit how things happen?

Louis,
    [FF] Louis St Simurgh / The Simurgh

Have only been able to get into a few as the server is flooded and they are limiting to 30 players. MP lag somewhat fixes the speed issue. MP firstly look incredible!!! Units handle just fine. They can patch/mod the faction problem. I enjoyed MP.....and being able to field Spartans, macedonian Phalanx, Legionairres.....gotta play.
    D

Quote Originally Posted by Aelwyn
    The SP campaign is slightly fun, but I'd rather have the $50 than 10 or so hours I'll play it.
    You can't complete even the short campaign in 10 hours. FYI: the depth they have added in the single player game is epic.

There is still hope for the multiplayer.
    Jacta alea est!

Quote Originally Posted by Louis de la Ferte Ste Colombe
    But at least, do the battles play good? Are they fun and interesting to fight? Is it a rush game? A slow manoeuver game? How are different kind of units behaving?
    I think once you get past the connection issues the battles are fun to play!
    Jacta alea est!

Guardian of the Fleet Senior Member Shahed's Avatar

LOL ! D6 sounds just like me...about 2 years ago. Which clan are you in D6 ?
    If you remember me from M:TW days add me on Steam, do mention your org name.

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/__shak

Quote Originally Posted by Sinan
    LOL ! D6 sounds just like me...about 2 years ago. Which clan are you in D6 ?
    My clan is 1RD (1st Red Devils). We started out as a CoD clan but we are branching off into other games we like. We played the heck out of MTW online. I played STW online but sans clan.

If you want to hook up sometime we use TeamSpeak to talk and coordinate while we play.

www.1rd.org.

Go to Total War forum for details.
    Jacta alea est!

Here's a great summary of what is *missing* from the RTW multiplayer:

http://p223.ezboard.com/fshoguntotal...icID=245.topic
    Jacta alea est!

Senior Member Senior Member ElmarkOFear's Avatar

Yup D6, I agree. That post was well thought out, and well written and didn't overly rant (except maybe near the end.) Just how discussions need to be held.
    I have seen the future of TW MP and it is XBox Live!

Guardian of the Fleet Senior Member Shahed's Avatar

My clan is 1RD (1st Red Devils). We started out as a CoD clan but we are branching off into other games we like. We played the heck out of MTW online. I played STW online but sans clan.

If you want to hook up sometime we use TeamSpeak to talk and coordinate while we play.

www.1rd.org.

Go to Total War forum for details.

Hey thanks for the reply. Yeah, sounds good...bit short on time but would like to hook up. I'm afraid I'll give RTW MP a miss till it's more stable. I don't have that kind of time, but yeah i'd still like to sign into your TS and chat sometime.

Do you guys play America's Army ? The link to the squad i'm in is in my profile. We have a 3 Teamspeak servers (1 main, and two backups) running 24/7. Most of us are pretty busy with life at the moment but please feel invited to join our forum or our TS at any time.

Salute !
    Last edited by Shahed; 10-01-2004 at 17:42.
    If you remember me from M:TW days add me on Steam, do mention your org name.

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/__shak

yes please do! visit the legion forum and visit our teamspeak.
    Last edited by Jango Fett; 09-24-2007 at 01:01.
    "I'm the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world."

Senior Member Senior Member FearZeus's Avatar

FearZeus's list

1) logging on is a multiplayers nightmare
    2) chat lobby has gone backwards
    3) multiplayer games lagg
    4) units when viewed from max height looks bad, can't tell what each units are? the yellow arrows look terrible
    5) commands are delayed (maybe this should come under lagg but it seems to be a delay aswell)
    6) deployment is a pain, moving army in formation seems impossible now
    7) chat in game is no good at all and looks bad, what good is it hitting 2 buttons to give a quick command to an allie when in the heat of battle! as aposed to one button in MTW

I could go on but this is a quick post as i'm going shopping atm, but generally I feel RTW has gone backwards, to say i'm disapointed is an understatement. Sadly i'm now leaving RTW but will keep an eye on the forums.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12