Thread: Please help me

Member Member Katasaki Hirojima's Avatar

I went to the tech forum for help with my problem. I'v given a full 24 hours and got no response, i been dropping like a rock.

If ANY of you know anything about Shogun Total War Mongol Invasion and its pronlems, please respond. My system is pretty darn fast for this old game and it does run fast, but it starts to lag, freeze and such. Mainly during big fights and while the musics playing. I'v set nothing up high..my 300Mhz AMD, 32 RAM, everything-built-into-the-motherboard machine runs it fine, and itsa 98. My newer 800mhz AMD, 128 ram, 32mb TnT pro vid card runs it faster, but suddenly and explicably starts skipping, ecspecially during fights. THe music skips and sounds scratchy. Everythings scratchy.

I assume its my soundcard-less systems fault, useing its built in sound. Amazeing that my older 300 can beat my new one in sound quality, but it does.

------------------
    "I maintain none the less that Yin-Yang Dualism can be overcome. With sufficent enlightment, we can give substance to any distinction: Mind without body, north without south, pleasure without pain. Renember, enlightment is a function of will power, not of physical strength."- Shang-ji Yang, essays on mind and matter.
    I maintain none the less that Yin-Yang Dualism can be overcome. With sufficent enlightment, we can give substance to any distinction: Mind without body, north without south, pleasure without pain. Renember, enlightment is a function of will power, not of physical strength.- Shang-ji Yang

Senior Member Senior Member Kas's Avatar

Erado San can probably help you...

Good luck m8

Kas

HIC EST KAS DUX
    www.aggony.org
    On Steam: Kas

JoJoSan, can you forgive me?

Try this. Type in dxdiag in the run box an execute it. In the control panel that comes up, go to the sound tab. Lower the sound hardware acceleration with the slider, and try the game then. You may find that hardware accelereation jumps back up to max when you reboot.

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

Member Member Katasaki Hirojima's Avatar

Thanks guys. Today it didn't give me any problems, but it suddenly froze on the eve of a great battle in the campaign mode.
    blargh.

Well, seems my game is just fickle, annoyingly so.
    I maintain none the less that Yin-Yang Dualism can be overcome. With sufficent enlightment, we can give substance to any distinction: Mind without body, north without south, pleasure without pain. Renember, enlightment is a function of will power, not of physical strength.- Shang-ji Yang

For England and St.George Senior Member ShadesWolf's Avatar

Closed

Drop a line in the tech area m8
    ShadesWolf
    The Original HHHHHOWLLLLLLLLLLLLER

Im a Wolves fan, get me out of here......