Thread: Is SERVER up

since i got this game ive been unable to get online iv registerd and all the time i get `logging on` all the time even when other people say its online any help plz
    NightRider of DragonCREW *Time ends all things*

DragonCREW

..fears no adversary Senior Member Jochi Khan's Avatar

Legolas
    Yes the server is up.
    This has been a problem for me on occasions. When you get'logging on' wait, sometimes it takes a minute or two to reach 'logged on' It is not always the case though, keep going back to 'Play on EA/Play' and try again. Keep trying........Jochi Khan

------------------
    Do your best and do it according to your own inner standard-call it conscience-not just according to society's knowledge and judgement of your deeds.
    R.I.P Great Warrior Ja mata TosaInu

sat at the..Nomad Alliance..campfire

Do your best and do it according to your own inner standard
    --call it conscience--
    not just according to society's knowledge and judgement of your deeds.

Sideswipe feature king Member shingenmitch2's Avatar

Legolas -- make sure that "connect via existing connection" (something like that) box is "Checked" otherwise it could hang up like u described
    Retreat? Hell, we're just attacking in a different direction...

THE DEADLY SHINGEN

For England and St.George Senior Member ShadesWolf's Avatar

Dont know, I cant get online as i us XP

Can somebody help here please ?
    ShadesWolf
    The Original HHHHHOWLLLLLLLLLLLLER

Im a Wolves fan, get me out of here......

I think the reg system is screwed. It must be. Both me and a friend have bought the game, upgraded it to v1.12 and we can't get anywhere near the STW server when registering properly and logging in with our accounts. It just says 'loggin in' and then 'logon error'. What could be the problem here? We've both got the budget version of STW without the MI expansion, but as I understand it if it's patched that should not become a problem. I've read all the posts here looking for an answer. Nothing works. HELP!

[This message has been edited by Cyricist (edited 10-21-2002).]

Quote Originally posted by ShadesWolf:
    Dont know, I cant get online as i us XP

Can somebody help here please ?
    [/QUOTE]

Is it a Windows XP Problem? ANyone know? Because I have a brand new computer from when I used to play Shogun and thus far I've been unable to get past "logging on" as well. Is playing online not an option for WinXP? Would be really crappy if that were the case.

Koga no Goshi

I give my Nihon Maru to TosaInu in tribute.

..fears no adversary Senior Member Jochi Khan's Avatar

From what I understand there are three stw,the old Shogun, the MI pack to upgrade Shogun and the Shogun Warlord Edition which is the latest.
    From reading posts, it looks like the old shogun server is gone. If you have Stw/MI or Stw/WE the EA server is still there. I have WE and am online every night ( approx 9pm UK time ) I can't answer about XP because I am using ME
    The homepage of the org says that registrations are beeing accepted now.
    I don't know if this applies to STW though. Check. Keep trying, we need all the players we can get on line........Jochi Khan

------------------
    Do your best and do it according to your own inner standard-call it conscience-not just according to society's knowledge and judgement of your deeds.
    R.I.P Great Warrior Ja mata TosaInu

sat at the..Nomad Alliance..campfire

Do your best and do it according to your own inner standard
    --call it conscience--
    not just according to society's knowledge and judgement of your deeds.

Quote Originally posted by Jochi Khan:
    From what I understand there are three stw,the old Shogun, the MI pack to upgrade Shogun and the Shogun Warlord Edition which is the latest.
    From reading posts, it looks like the old shogun server is gone. If you have Stw/MI or Stw/WE the EA server is still there. I have WE and am online every night ( approx 9pm UK time ) I can't answer about XP because I am using ME
    The homepage of the org says that registrations are beeing accepted now.
    I don't know if this applies to STW though. Check. Keep trying, we need all the players we can get on line........Jochi Khan

[/QUOTE]

I want to get back into playing, and I have Warlord Edition and that's what I've been trying to get on to play, but I'm still repeatedly getting the "logging on" forever problem. I know better than to even attempt to get help directly through EA, so if no one here can explain what's going on or knows of a solution, I'm probably not gonna get to play Shogun anymore.

------------------
    Koga no Goshi

"Hokusai"
    Now as a spirit
    I shall roam
    the summer fields.
    Koga no Goshi

I give my Nihon Maru to TosaInu in tribute.