I agree with RS, forget about East or North, go West, young man, go West. I did with just two general and three HA's, and took Sinope, and Sardis after adding a general and HA. Barring Scythed Chariots, if you have one or two generals, Pontus should not be able to cause problems for your armies at that stage. You should build HA's as garrison until you have the money to support a regular garrison. Sally forth if you get put under siege. I almost went East, but then realized that that was not where the money was, so went West instead. North has nothing either, and South will give you nothing but a headache. Scythia may or may not strike for Kotais, so fortify Kotais and Artaxarta to defend you from Seleucid/Parthian/Scythian attack. The money is to be made in Turkey, and then you can strike for Greece to really boost your money supply. Parthia is not worth going after, as anybody who has started a Parthian campaign knows. Preventing their expansion should be enough to weaken them for when you do decide to go after them. It is better to stay on good terms with Egypt as long as possible, which taking Hatra and Seleucia would soon plunge you into war with them, which you will not be ready for early on.