Thread: Diplomacy: Crucial or not?

Default Diplomacy: Crucial or not?

Is it me or when I play short campaign the factions you are supposed to destroy to win the scenario are locked to fight you to their bitter end? How easy is it for you to make arrangments of "military access" or "Attack Faction"? Does the AI has a secret "relation" score towards the player? (based on land violation, diplomatic demands etc)

I really am into the new diplomacy features (I always thought that the lack of proper diplomacy was the major handicap of STW and MTW), but are they crucial or I waste my time trying to use my diplomats clever?

Your opinions?
    O xein aggelein Lakedemoniois oti tade efi kimetha tois koinon rimasi poi8omenoi

Default Re: Diplomacy: Crucial or not?

Bumb?
    O xein aggelein Lakedemoniois oti tade efi kimetha tois koinon rimasi poi8omenoi

Research Shinobi Senior Member Tamur's Avatar

Xaire Ktonos,

Diplomats are very, very powerful in the game. You can't win the game with only them, but you can use them to make the environment for your conquests much, much easier than it would be otherwise. See this thread for a link to a 30-page diplomacy guide that should help you understand the amazing options and possibilities!
    "Die Wahrheit ruht in Gott / Uns bleibt das Forschen." Johann von Müller

Thanks Tamur, I hope you are right but my first impressions are different. Maybe I am wrong (I hope too). Well I have just posted some questions in your diplomacy guide thread. I would be happy to take a look and tell me your opinion.

Research Shinobi Senior Member Tamur's Avatar

I have to take care of some errands for my wife but I'll be back in a couple of hours (way after Midnight your time!) to take a look. I'm guessing that someone will beat me to it, though. Cheers!
    "Die Wahrheit ruht in Gott / Uns bleibt das Forschen." Johann von Müller

[QUOTE=Tamur]Xaire Ktonos,

Diplomats are very, very powerful in the game. You can't win the game with only them, but you can use them to make the environment for your conquests much, much easier than it would be otherwise.

Tamur,

I think Kraellin may prove you wrong on this. Have you checked out his thread Rome: Total peace. Very amusing but it shows how much can now be achieved with diplomacy alone!