Thread: What is the Highest honor a Taisho can reach?

Hi everybody!
    I have never seen a taisho with honor higher than 6. How about you guys?

Senior Member Senior Member Dark Phoenix's Avatar

I think someone has got honour 8 or around that but you need a lot of wins about 30 odd more wins than losses.

------------------
    DoragonPhoenix of the Clan Doragon
    DP is correct - Shiro

Higher honour l got was a honour 6 daimyo.
    I cannot return l presume so l will keep my name among those who are dead by bows!
    http://www.dedicatedgaming.com/~angelsofdarkness

Playing in normal, I managed to get Tokugawa Ieyasu (heir of the Imagawa) to rank 8. However, to reach that rank I fought almost every battle using him. To reach rank 7 you must have a difference of 64 victories over defeats. To reach rank 8, the difference must be of 128. By the way, does anyone know if it is possible to reach rank 9?
    I only managed 8 with 131 victories and 0 defeats but he was already 59 years old (he had already become daymio).

What bonus was he giving his troops by that point? I could imagine an army raised in Yashimiro with him at the front would be pretty effective….

At rank 8, the honor bonus to the troops is 4. Even managed to get the daymio unit to honor 8 in combat.

Senior Member Senior Member The Black Ship's Avatar

Level 8 is very doable, I believe I had them at under 100 wins too. 65 comes to mind, but whatever

I asked this same question way back on the community forum (back in September!) and was told that a honor 9 taisho would be nearly impossible, requiring several hundred victories. Something about a Boolean expression or somesuch, like some giant And-gate.

All we are saying....is give peas a chance - Jolly Green Giant

A taisho progresses like this:
    The honor increases as the difference of victories over defeats increases (X). So, it goes like this:
    X - Rank
    1 - 1
    2 - 2
    4 - 3
    8 - 4
    16 - 5
    32 - 6
    64 - 7
    128 - 8
    256? - 9?

The last numbers (indicated by ?) I can't be sure because haven't done it. It's just a supposition based on the other numbers. Actually, if they're correct, rank 9 could never be achieved by a daymio or an heir, as they would likely die before it happened.

Example:
    a taisho with 65 victories and 3 defeats has a rank of 6 since the difference is 62;
    a taisho with 134 victories and 5 defeats has a rank of 8 since the difference is 129;

[This message has been edited by Matsudaira Motoyasu (edited 01-04-2001).]

By what I've deduced, Motoyasu-san is correct. Rank 9 would require 256 victories, but the win counter can only reach a maximum of 255 (8 bit string or something like that - "it's a programming thing" ). Rank 8 is the practical maximum.

------------------
    "Crystal clear, / Sharp and bright, / The sacred sword / Allows no opening / For evil to roost."
    - Ueshiba Morihei O-Sensei
    "It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this".
    - Yamamoto Tsunetomo: Hagakure