Thread: temples and agriculture/trade bonuses

A Livonian Rebel Member Slaists's Avatar

Question temples and agriculture/trade bonuses

There are several temple lines that give a boost to agriculture/trade (i.e., farms + something or increased trade goods). I wondered if anyone here has tested whether these temple bonuses are cumulative with the effects of the respective agriculture/trade buildings or are they capped similar to armor/weapon improvements which do not appear to go higher than +2 in RTW? i.e., can i have +8 agriculture from maxed out farms and the respective agriculture boosting temple or is +5 agriculture the max?

Default Re: temples and agriculture/trade bonuses

Quote Originally Posted by Slaists
    There are several temple lines that give a boost to agriculture/trade (i.e., farms + something or increased trade goods). I wondered if anyone here has tested whether these temple bonuses are cumulative with the effects of the respective agriculture/trade buildings or are they capped similar to armor/weapon improvements which do not appear to go higher than +2 in RTW? i.e., can i have +8 agriculture from maxed out farms and the respective agriculture boosting temple or is +5 agriculture the max?
    Well, armor/weapon improvements can reach at least +3 for sure, so...
    If violence didn't solve your problem... well, you just haven't been violent enough.

Default Re: temples and agriculture/trade bonuses

Armour and weapons do go to +3 in RTW. It's just that the armourer line of buildings only take it to a max of +2. To get to the third level you need to be able to build a temple line to a war god or a smith god. For the romans they are Mars (war) and Vulcan (smith), for the greeks it is Ares (war) and Hephesteus. The difference between war god and smith god temples is that smith gods give armour and weapon boosts right away, war gods give troops experience at first then weapon/armour stat bonuses later.

For the farm boosting temples it can go to +9, if your romans who get a 5th level of farm upgrade that no one else gets otherwise it's +8 to farming max. As for trade bonus temples it's like in my experience it's like having 2 trader building lines of buildings in one city, in short it doubles your trade income.
    If you havin' skyrim problems I feel bad for you son.. I dodged 99 arrows but my knee took one.

VENI, VIDI, NATES CALCE CONCIDI

I came, I saw, I kicked ass