Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Available Screenshots

Default Re: Available Screenshots

Renegados -

Didn't know that they were the same as Ghulam guards.
    If so, we can get rid of that unit.

We don't have a camel unit because we need to save on the number of models. Do you really think they are necessary, camles always struck me as one of CA's fantasy units (camels were used, ASAIK, mostly as beasts of burden).

Anyway, great job on unit translations. Could your friend help us out with the Mameluke units?

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasill
    Renegados -

Didn't know that they were the same as Ghulam guards.
    If so, we can get rid of that unit.

We don't have a camel unit because we need to save on the number of models. Do you really think they are necessary, camles always struck me as one of CA's fantasy units (camels were used, ASAIK, mostly as beasts of burden).

Anyway, great job on unit translations. Could your friend help us out with the Mameluke units?
    Ma'lughun Ghulam Harass as Jannissary and Mamluks was elite professional warriors kidnapped in youth age from Christians and slavic converted to islamic and trained in Alhambra palace, hated from christian spanish and called renegados there was no mercy when they was captured.
    you can replace renegados with those units:
    Fursan Thagri - cavalry, they was veterans frontiersman used to raid christians lands.
    Mounted crossbowman - this kind of unit was very common in Granadan army
    Christian mercenaries- Christian non-converted chivalry.

there are no dubt that Morocco's Berber used camel troops however if you cut this unit is not a problem, I thougt was easy to include because you can use the RTW 3d models and nice to play because they give strategic variety.
    As wrote four post ago I can help you to traslate Mamluks, Muscovy, Flemish and Turkish units but I am not able to find the unit list.

there are some changing for italian list, I am looking for original names in arcaic italian language used in XVI cent. We are discussing on the following italian forum
    http://www.freeforumzone.com/viewmes...45154&idd=1939
    I hope to post the final list in 1 or 2 weeks.

I would suggest turning down the reflective,shine, and/or self illuminating properties of the metals. They seem too lusterous.

If you send me the CAS i can redo the mantle texture to fit its new size.

oh and as Yarayanese already has.

Savior of Peasant Phill Member Silver Rusher's Avatar

MAP EXTENSIONS
    That's right, work on the campaign map is underway. Here is a picture of Scotland, one of the new northern extensions. This is all my own work, and not taken from any other mods.

Thanks,
    Silver Rusher and the CTW team
    THE GODFATHER, PART 2
    The Thread

But where is Egypt and Libya?

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

Savior of Peasant Phill Member Silver Rusher's Avatar

When the radar map is too big it just cuts off the top and the bottom. That is something I can get round to later.
    THE GODFATHER, PART 2
    The Thread

Wepnere (nordic heavy cavalry), Voulgiers (french billmen), french texture for stradioti (albanian mercenary javelin cavalry), and a tatar horsearcher (Orda Askerler).

By me and Devercia.
    Last edited by Narayanese; 08-20-2005 at 02:28.

Vermonter and Seperatist Member Uesugi Kenshin's Avatar

Those look great! Keep upo the good work both of you!
    "A man's dying is more his survivor's affair than his own."
    C.S. Lewis

"So many people tiptoe through life, so carefully, to arrive, safely, at death."
    Jermaine Evans

Forsmark, Sweden, where the radiation keeps me warm.

Great screens!
    I support the Pike and Musket:Total War

Also Europa Barbarorum supporter!

What is the name of the first unit (the horse archersleft of the stradioti)?

[QUOTE=Narayanese]... and a tatar horsearcher.QUOTE]

I must be going blind

is it possable the power of the sunlight can be tweeked down, everything seems to be bleached out. the sunligh as far as i know isant absolutely neccesary, as there seems to be a seperate source of ambiat light.

Quote Originally Posted by Devercia
    is it possable the power of the sunlight can be tweeked down, everything seems to be bleached out. the sunligh as far as i know isant absolutely neccesary, as there seems to be a seperate source of ambiat light.
    you can counteract it by making the texture darker and the colours less saturated.

although thatll work , it may be too simplistic for metallic objects. they need 100% white on them, but the upper grays need to be darker, without darkening the 100% white, or the darker grays. in other words, there needs to be less area covered by highlights and shadows, and more middle grays. if shine is employed, turning up the glossiness will also have an effect, as the highlights reduce in size, but are just as intence.

I revised the burgundian coustillier (changed the armour on the arms) and the armborstrytteri (changed helmet, now own model (will share with german mounted crossbowmen instead)).
    Last edited by Narayanese; 08-17-2005 at 01:48.

Pikemen

Vermonter and Seperatist Member Uesugi Kenshin's Avatar

Those look great Narayanese! Keep up the good work!
    "A man's dying is more his survivor's affair than his own."
    C.S. Lewis

"So many people tiptoe through life, so carefully, to arrive, safely, at death."
    Jermaine Evans

Hermandad city militia

Insanity perhaps is inevitable Member shifty157's Avatar

Will the pikemen use the phalanx formation?

Quote Originally Posted by shifty157
    Will the pikemen use the phalanx formation?
    I don't think so. I'll be either a standard formation, or some new BI formation like the shieldwall (which is nicely packed, just like a formation of spearmen or pikemen should be, but I'm know it's effects other then preventing cavalry from leaping into it).

Armoured spearman (german mercenary). On the campaign map you can see the kalmar union general and the scottish general. I also added a red cross to the hermandad town militia.
    Last edited by Narayanese; 08-21-2005 at 20:37.

Naryanese, can you post the URL of all your pics in the future? It makes my job of posting pictures in RTW Heavengames so much easier.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

Jinetes and Landryttere medt lange rør

Quote Originally Posted by Ignoramus
    Naryanese, can you post the URL of all your pics in the future? It makes my job of posting pictures in RTW Heavengames so much easier.
    You can simply press the quote button in my post and copy the code for the picture (include the link too, otherwise you'll get only the thumbnail). This post's image has url img389.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot606xu.jpg

Landryttere medt sadelrør

Cheking the old unit list for Venice I saw you included Cappelletti that was cutted on the new list, maybe you have done it to save a slot that you need for another unit, however would be nice to have it on the game, as many sources report Stradioti and Cappelletti as the same unit probably that is not correct, Cappelletti was Balkan mounted lancers when Stradioti was Albanian and Greek, I think the unit must have better charge bonus and armour than Stradioti but not javellins, the shields look like the hussar, here some textures I done to show you what I mean. (the spear is wrong we need a longer one)

I have based it on those plates

I can make a new model for that unit (I have a feeling that the model you use to show your idea is from another mod), I'll send you it and let you texture it
    Last edited by Narayanese; 08-23-2005 at 19:25.

I'll include it then in the new list I've been tinkering with these past few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Narayanese
    I can make a new model for that unit (I have a feeling that the model you use to show your idea is from another mod), I'll send you it and let you texture it
    Yes, I do not have a completed textured model to use in the mod it was just to show how it could look, I am not able to 3d model at moment, I will get 3dmax in September with a new computer, then I have to learn a lot but I can try to texture the model you send me. I have a lot of textures from picture of armour and renaissance costumes, when I understand how implement it in a 3d model I can really help you with textures, at this moment I have just painted the new texture over the old one.
    I have to record the new callings for the Cappelletti and Stradioti then I will send you the italian voices pack.
    Yggdrasil when the new list involved italian units let me know in order to send the right callings.

A jinete ran into a group of swiss armoured pikemen.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast