Thread: Available Screenshots

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Savior of Peasant Phill Member Silver Rusher's Avatar

Default Available Screenshots

The team will post all screenshots of the current gameplay here.
    THE GODFATHER, PART 2
    The Thread

Default Re: Available Screenshots

i hope you get some up soon, im looking forward to this mod. Gonna be awsome, you guys just keep on truckin
    Iron Maiden

This is simply the region file, which will show you the current region locations within the game. You will probably notice that there are fewer provinces in the east and africa. This was only done to clear space for the mod. Some more provinces may be added in the future. You will also notice that there are large extensions to the north on the map, as this area is very relevant to the time frame and it is essential that it is included.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Silver Rusher; 11-19-2004 at 21:13. Reason: THEY SAID THEY WOULD KILL ME IF I DIDN'T...
    THE GODFATHER, PART 2
    The Thread

Hey Silver Rusher,
    it is looking Awesome so far!

Vermonter and Seperatist Member Uesugi Kenshin's Avatar

Angry Re: Available Screenshots

Looks good, keep up the good work!
    "A man's dying is more his survivor's affair than his own."
    C.S. Lewis

"So many people tiptoe through life, so carefully, to arrive, safely, at death."
    Jermaine Evans

What’s looking great? All I see is the regions file, one of the many that you will have to adjust... and that’s just for the map. So what is the progress?

Nec Pluribus Impar Member SwordsMaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I know what you mean. Well, its your decison. Maybe you could turn them purple or something... instead of blue.
    Managing perceptions goes hand in hand with managing expectations - Masamune

Pie is merely the power of the state intruding into the private lives of the working class. - Beirut

The thing is though, you are right, but right before the starting date it was the same design as the one in the picture. So many factions are using red already, so we can't do anything like that. The thing is, purple actually IS NOT even slightly accurate, and if we find something historical doesn't work, we try to go for second best.
    THE GODFATHER, PART 2
    The Thread

Although I can't get the actual mod's campaign to run (damn bugs in the map files) I've changed the colours of the factions and the map tileset to suit. The tileset may seem a little strange at first, but once I'm finished it won't.

THE GODFATHER, PART 2
    The Thread

Altogether quite not there! Member GodsPetMonkey's Avatar

The blue is quite bright, but its alot better then the original blue I used (which was based of the blue on the venetian flag at the start of the period) which was nothing short of blinding in the game, and needed ALOT of toning down.

As for the colour scheme itself, the flag changed from its yellow lion/blue back to yellow lion/red back (and I know the lion has St Marcos face ) during the period covered by this mod, and ALOT of factions used the whole red/yellow combination, so I need to tease something out that looks a little different. You will be pleased to know, that in homage to the later venetian flag, the sheild is a nice red design, and quite dominate. The end soldier is quite bright in colours, but the was italy, and they loved their colours down there, and you have to remember alot of units will be wearing plate armour, a bit of colour amoungst all the greys and whites to make shiney metal will be nice

But the cloth on the helmet idea is a good one. I dont plan on everyone having a shirt over their tunic/armour to help identify them. I'm afraid I'm a little lacking on reference pictures when it comes to working on these guys, so if you have anything of that nature, I would be most grateful.

I should probably post some pics of what is the 'final skin' (that is, all the elements are there, but minor changes may be needed).
    Caligula and Hadrian - Unit and Building editors for Rome: Total War.
    Now editing -
    export_descr_unit.txt, export_descr_unit_enums.txt, export_units.txt, descr_model_battle.txt
    export_descr_buildings.txt, export_descr_buildings_enums.txt, export_buildings.txt

Nec Pluribus Impar Member SwordsMaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Actually. I was thinking, and there are not so many factions using the red-yellow combination. Venetia. Then who else?

the knights are red with a white cross as are the Helvetians. I´m not too sure about the greek principates, but I think only Albania and Transilvania had red (don´t quote me on this I might be horribly wrong).

Spain is white and red, or if you take the castilian emblem, then you get 4 squares like this: rampant lion, tower
    tower, rampant lion

...with towers on a white background and lions on a reddish one.

Portugal is plain red as is Navarre. Aragon does have yellow, but you could make red and blue instead of red and yellow.

There is going to be a lot of red, that is right. But not too much red and yellow.
    Managing perceptions goes hand in hand with managing expectations - Masamune

Pie is merely the power of the state intruding into the private lives of the working class. - Beirut

It all looks good so far, keep up the good work.

Looks great. I like how they have a buckler, that seemed to be used very commonly by Archers...
    C.S. Lewis

"So many people tiptoe through life, so carefully, to arrive, safely, at death."
    Jermaine Evans

Amazing! Those Serdengecti are certainly the best you've done so far as I know. Those are excellent! I really wouldn't mind playing the Turks/Ottomans whatever you will call them in your mod and being able to use horse archers to good effect this time!

Thay are the Ottoman Turks and all will fall before my grand Turkish hordes!

MWAHAHAHAHA

I think it may be the best looking one yet, though some of the others are pretty close.....
    C.S. Lewis

Jermaine Evans