Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Unit Screenshots

Default Re: Unit changes/New unit implementation/3d and 2d unit graphics

Quote Originally Posted by Apfel
    That's not quite correct; swastikas are forbidden when used in connection with nazi parties/movements or actions that incite anti-democratic thoughts.

They MAY be shown when used for educational purposes, science reports or when used for other (honest/true) historical functions.

Let's face it; the swastika is NOT a nazi symbol, they just stole and used it for their own ideas and ideals.

I know Germans are sensitive when it comes to this topic but IMO it's not illegal to use it in a HISTORICAL modification based in a time where nazis did not even exist. The swastika is way older than the nazi regime which abused it.
    What was the original meaning behind the swastika?

Wandering Historian Member eadingas's Avatar
    Llanfairpwll- gwyngyll- gogerych- wyrndrobwll- llantysilio- gogogoch

Default Re: Unit changes/New unit implementation/3d and 2d unit graphics

Solar symbol.
    I'm still not here

Spawn of Nyarlathotep Member GeWee's Avatar

Default Re: Unit Screenshots

I think you should add swastikas if they were common at the time. This is a historic mod after all.
    So what if EB probably may get banned from Germany? It's not like every German who wants it isn't gonna download it anyway. Besides, while I don't know how rigid the laws in Germany, I doubt that the police there goes knocking on peoples' doors looking for banned mods for computer games.

Yes, you can show the swastika here in Germany when you need it for educational purposes in documentarys etc. But computer games dont´t belong to this group of educational things, even if they are so historical as the EB mod.

But like GeWee said, our police has more important things to do as to look if someone has this mod on his computer.

The only problem i can think of is that maybe german gaming magazines are not allowed to put the mod on their magazines dvd for distribution. But thats not really a big thing, because most people will download the mod from the internet.

Seii Taishōgun 征夷大将軍 Member PROMETHEUS's Avatar

What about this?

Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.

VIS ET HONOR

Quote Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS

What about this?

Veeeryyy nice Prom.
    Great looking celts.
    B.t.w. News on the chattii warband we talked about?
    Last edited by SaFe; 01-18-2005 at 14:29.

No news still since I have s a lot of work befoure still....

now here is another version with a more realistic human skin and of course the other was too much a conan the barbarian like .....

Last edited by PROMETHEUS; 01-18-2005 at 15:37.

Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Fallout 3 Modder

VIS ET HONOR

amzing the detail on the helmet, the body is indeed much more realistic, it needs some work though (arms)

Greetings

Ambiguous Member Byzantine Prince's Avatar

Where can I download any of these skins? TW Center doesn't have of them .

EB Unit Dictator/Administrator Member Urnamma's Avatar

Here is the latest evolution ....
    Prom, the mail in this pic looks like rough leather. You need to give it a metallic feel. After that, this unit is perfected and done.
    'It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets.'
    ~Voltaire
    'People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid. ' - Soren Kierkegaard
    “A common danger tends to concord. Communism is the exploitation of the strong by the weak. In Communism, inequality comes from placing mediocrity on a level with excellence.” - Pierre-Joseph Proudhon

EB Unit Coordinator

EB Unit Dictator/Administrator Member Urnamma's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Byzantine_Prince
    Where can I download any of these skins? TW Center doesn't have of them .
    None of them will be available until we have release the mod.
    'It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets.'
    ~Voltaire
    'People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid. ' - Soren Kierkegaard
    “A common danger tends to concord. Communism is the exploitation of the strong by the weak. In Communism, inequality comes from placing mediocrity on a level with excellence.” - Pierre-Joseph Proudhon

EB Unit Coordinator

Father of the EB Isle Member Aymar de Bois Mauri's Avatar
    Staring West at the setting sun, atop the Meneltarma

PROMETHEUS!!! I want to see the Legion in sunshine!!! Post a pic to check the contrast of the mail.

Yes, you like? Member Zanderpants's Avatar

No news still since I have s a lot of work befoure still....

now here is another version with a more realistic human skin and of course the other was too much a conan the barbarian like .....

The shield is colored oddly. On the top and bottom, it's lighter than in the middle.
    "Tell a lie enough times, and it becomes truth."
    ~Joseph Goebbels
    "******* hell are you all 20 watt light bulbs...?"
    ~Abokasee

Ok guys here are both the legions , now I only need to do the Augustean one ....the second type is the Imperial segmentata legion based on a previous model made by Agrippa I made some important variations and severall changes and additions ..... as well as I completely redraw at free hand the textures making them more close to an original one....same thing goes for the shield pattern.....

Creator of Res Gestae
    Fallout 3 Modder

VIS ET HONOR

Nec Pluribus Impar Member SwordsMaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I still think that the standard bearer´s face is really disturbing....
    Managing perceptions goes hand in hand with managing expectations - Masamune

Pie is merely the power of the state intruding into the private lives of the working class. - Beirut

Wow is all I can say. That armor on the romans is amazing and their helmets look great. This mod is really turning out to be amazing. One thing though is that I'd like to see more units for the germans and some greek ones.

Well, maybe wow isn't all I can say.

Member Member Alexander the Pretty Good's Avatar

Jeez, I stopped checking this thread for like four days and all these beautiful screens... this just made my week.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Alexander the Pretty Good; 01-19-2005 at 04:48.

Ambiguous Member Byzantine Prince's Avatar

Well what I've noticed is that the swords are a little dirty on one side. You might want to fix that.

Other then that, great, great work on the whole armor.

Man, you must return original body to these warriors. The new skin looks unrealistic in fact. It's too blurry. Muscles are too uncultivated. Nipples are too red. Gauls looks like band of queers now.

Prom, you made this skin according to average modern stature of men. But ancient people had much better muscles, 'coz they used to do a lot more physical work than we do. And don't forget that these guys on picture are warriors, they train their body, they just must have good muscles.

Wandering Historian Member eadingas's Avatar
    Llanfairpwll- gwyngyll- gogerych- wyrndrobwll- llantysilio- gogogoch

Their nipples are red because they're cold :) Going about all shirtless and all :)
    I'm still not here

Prom, you made this skin according to average modern stature of men. But ancient people had much better muscles, 'coz they used to do a lot more physical work than we do. And don't forget that these guys on picture are warriors, they train their body, they just must have good muscles.
    Lol no , you watched too many conan the barbarian like movies , instead if you look at all the primitive African or Borneo or Australian or South American tribes , even the tribes that are costantly at war do not have the presence of conan people , the only ones probably at the time were the gladiators that pumped up their muscles on purpouses with machines , infact the main bench to raise weights even has a "roman" adjective... the skins are stll in work but they are thousand times more realistic than a uber muscled barbarian of the fictions of holliwood.....

Creator of Res Gestae
    Fallout 3 Modder

VIS ET HONOR

Blog Entries

I think you should include a big fat belly. After al, beer is beer....

Pie is merely the power of the state intruding into the private lives of the working class. - Beirut

Quote Originally Posted by SwordsMaster
    I think you should include a big fat belly. After al, beer is beer....
    And name 'em all Obelix. "Obelix Warband".

Lol no , you watched too many conan the barbarian like movies , instead if you look at all the primitive African or Borneo or Australian or South American tribes , even the tribes that are costantly at war do not have the presence of conan people , the only ones probably at the time were the gladiators that pumped up their muscles on purpouses with machines , infact the main bench to raise weights even has a "roman" adjective... the skins are stll in work but they are thousand times more realistic than a uber muscled barbarian of the fictions of holliwood.....
    Yes, modern primitive tribes are not that Conans from movie. But they are neither that sickly homosexuals like on your pic.

When people do hard physical work every day they just cannot have uncultivated muscles. Don't copy new skin from office workers. Look at soldiers, builders, farmers, etc. - they all are sturdy guys. Many of them are not "conans", but they have good relief muscles.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moroz
    And name 'em all Obelix. "Obelix Warband".
    hey.... You might be on a good idea here...

Father of the EB Isle Member Aymar de Bois Mauri's Avatar
    Staring West at the setting sun, atop the Meneltarma

Are you trying to make "Barbarians" look gay?!! They look ridiculous!!!

WHEN WILL YOU POST A PIC OF THE LEGION IN SUNSHINE? IT'S THE 3RD TIME I ASK YOU TO DO IT AND I WILL NOT ASK IT AGAIN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by [COLOR=DarkRed
    WHEN WILL YOU POST A PIC OF THE LEGION IN SUNSHINE? IT'S THE 3RD TIME I ASK YOU TO DO IT AND I WILL NOT ASK IT AGAIN!!![/COLOR]
    He's gonna blow! LOL
    A glorious death is his for who his country falls. -Homer
    Well what did he know about war he was BLIND!

Saupreuss Member Stefan the Berserker's Avatar

African Tribes can't be compared with Celts or Germans, they don't have the typical Wargames the northern Europeans had and additionally they don't eat as much Meat as they did. They should have a Sixpack and well trained Arms, not a Conan-Body nor average.

Egomaniac sexpert Member Dux Corvanus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aymar de Bois Mauri
    Are you trying to make "Barbarians" look gay?!! They look ridiculous!!!

WHEN WILL YOU POST A PIC OF THE LEGION IN SUNSHINE? IT'S THE 3RD TIME I ASK YOU TO DO IT AND I WILL NOT ASK IT AGAIN!!!

1) He's trying them to look actual human beings and not Hulk clones. Celtic warriors were supposed to be big and strong, not to be fitness culturists. They shaved their bodies to make hard to be grabbed in a fight, not to show muscles.

2) Chain mails were not made of stainless steel nor polished silver. They were made of iron, and iron gets really dark very fast by contact with air. Now they are realistic. It's more: lorica segmentata -that was used only for two centuries and a half and got again disused fron 3rd century onwards in favour of chain mails again, because of its difficult maintenance- should be less shiny than it is in the pics.

3) It's the 3rd time you unpolitely ask something, and you won't ask again? That's good news. You see: unless you're his boss or his mother, you can't give orders to a guy that's just sharing his talents for free, lad. You can't simulate slavery outside the game.

boy of DESTINY Senior Member Big_John's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moroz
    But they are neither that sickly homosexuals like on your pic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aymar de Bois Mauri
    Are you trying to make "Barbarians" look gay?!!
    wow.. um.. Rome: Total Bigotry?

anyway, i think the new physique looks much more realistic. they could be more muscular, true, but it's a huge improvement over the cartoonish CA skin.
    now i'm here, and history is vindicated.

Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132 LastLast