Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Tools: Unit and Building Editors: Caligula & Hadrian

Default Re: Unit and Building Editors for RTW

AHH how stupid of me!! Thanks i spelled something wrong, it's UNITS, I typed in UNIT, now it's working fine:D Thanks godmonkey, the editors are great:D

Altogether quite not there! Member GodsPetMonkey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scott88
    AHH how stupid of me!! Thanks i spelled something wrong, it's UNITS, I typed in UNIT, now it's working fine:D Thanks godmonkey, the editors are great:D
    Thanks, always glad to help!
    Caligula and Hadrian - Unit and Building editors for Rome: Total War.
    Now editing -
    export_descr_unit.txt, export_descr_unit_enums.txt, export_units.txt, descr_model_battle.txt
    export_descr_buildings.txt, export_descr_buildings_enums.txt, export_buildings.txt

Godspetmonkey, i'm just curious, do you know how to increase the probably of natural disasters? I'm not sure which .txt file to modify.

To my knowledge you have to modify descr_disasters.txt in your campaigns folder, but I'm not sure how effective it is (or what the limitations are). Thats one for the general modding forum.
    Now editing -
    export_descr_unit.txt, export_descr_unit_enums.txt, export_units.txt, descr_model_battle.txt
    export_descr_buildings.txt, export_descr_buildings_enums.txt, export_buildings.txt

in descr_disasters change the frequency

Thanks Alman

The link to the guides does not work for me, it says page not found. Is there somewhere else i could view these guides, i'm having problems adding the new Carthaginian units the TTO released.

Quote Originally Posted by Falc
    The link to the guides does not work for me, it says page not found. Is there somewhere else i could view these guides, i'm having problems adding the new Carthaginian units the TTO released.
    Whoopsie, was changing the directory structure arround and forgot to update the links!

Should be all better now. Thanks for pointing it out.
    Now editing -

EB Token Radical Member QwertyMIDX's Avatar

Default Help w/ Caligula

When I extract the Caliguila unit editor and try to open it I get the error message
    Componet 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

Can anyone help me with this?
    History is for the future not the past. The dead don't read.

Operam et vitam do Europae Barbarorum.

History does not repeat itself. The historians repeat one another. - Max Beerbohm

Default Re: Help w/ Caligula

Quote Originally Posted by QwertyMIDX
    When I extract the Caliguila unit editor and try to open it I get the error message
    Componet 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

Can anyone help me with this?
    If you read the readme.... No matter I never read them either!

- MSCOMCTL.ocx - http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/mscomctl.zip
    - COMDLG32.ocx - http://www.ascentive.com/support/new...b/COMDLG32.OCX
    - msvbvm60.dll - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en (thanks Soulflame!)

Put these files in you winows/system32 directory.

It should work if you put them in the same diroctory as the Caligula executable.
    Now editing -

Default Re: Unit and Building Editors: Caligula & Hadrian

i need help

i was using ur editor 2 make a new guy, based on 'egyptian pesant' who was all different. then i played the game, and the game quit instantly (actually bout 5 seconds after starting) so, i did the thing that makes it tell me what the error is, and it said that roman pesant wasnt "unique" which i looked into and found that id made a coppy of earlier. i delete 1 coppy, then try it again, this time the virus was in data\export_descr_buildings.txt and that 'egyptian pesant' isnt found. what did i do wrong, and if i completly screwed up the units doc, can i have a coppy?
    thx

Ok, I think I know where the issue is here.

Basically, the recruit statements in the buildings file does a lookup on the unit name (type) in the units file, what has happened is you have renamed the original egyption peasant unit, and now when the game tries to cross refernce the recruitments to the units file, it can't find the egyptian peasant unit.

Theres several ways this may have happened, but the easiest solution is to find the unit based of the egyptian peasant and change his type attribute back to egyptian peasant.

For adding a unit based of the egyptian peasant, make sure you hit the "Add New Unit" button, then edit away, it should automatically select the new unit for you.

Hope that helps.
    Now editing -

Post Re: Unit and Building Editors: Caligula & Hadrian

could somone tell me how to use the enum part of the caligula editor
    it always appears a ''Run-Time error '9' Subscript out of range''
    what did I screw up?

Quote Originally Posted by lab rat
    could somone tell me how to use the enum part of the caligula editor
    it always appears a ''Run-Time error '9' Subscript out of range''
    what did I screw up?

Im my experiance that means you have just found a bug!

Can you give me more detail on what your doing in the lead up to it giving the error??
    Now editing -

ya i tried putting the egyptian pesant back 2 normal, but still it doesnt work. id bet a lot that i just missed somethin, so should i just save time by reinstalling RTW to get a clean slate, or just keep trying 2 put it back 2 normal?
    thx again

OMG i found the reason 4 my problems. in all that time of putting egyptian peasant back together, i completly missied some thing that allmost made me crap my pants. i really feel stupid about this: it took me hours 2 notice that i spelled peAsant pesant. thx 4 help.

ok new question.
    i noticed that there are many special abilities that some units have in the game, but arent in the list in this editor (ex. warcry). is that because only a few units can get these? if u can add these the editor id be great. thx

also how do i adjust speed of units?

Things like flaming arrows and warcry are assigned by the game (using some determining factor that I don't know, but for flaming arrows its most likely down to haveing a bow!)

All the abilities assignable to a unit are there. I personally blame CA, someone was asleep at the wheel again!

Unit speed is a combination of animation speed and ground speed modifier.
    Those ground speed modifiers can be found in descr_battle_map_movement_modifiers.txt, but editing these can result in units walking funny. The other way is to add more frames to the animations, but thats a complex process, and means you need to know how to animate in 3DS Max.
    Now editing -

after i put all the main stuff to a unit like stats abilities model used officers etc then in the part of enums I press the A button and it appears the error so does with the other 2 letters E and R

but im also confused in how to use that part

Quote Originally Posted by lab rat
    after i put all the main stuff to a unit like stats abilities model used officers etc then in the part of enums I press the A button and it appears the error so does with the other 2 letters E and R

but im also confused in how to use that part
    If your just adding units to the original game, use the generate names and build enums buttons, how to use them is described in the adding units guide linked in the first post of this thread.

But thanks for bringing those problems to my attention, when I get some spare time, I'll fix it up. I have a pretty good idea on the cause already.
    Now editing -

I live in Modesto, California. That's where the big daug of the Gallo company lives. Also the biggest beer/wine company in the world is.

Well i got two question.
    1) Do you think u can take out a guide on how to build a program like caligula and hadrian plz. i would really appriciate that and i bet other members would too.
    2) Do i need the followings items u posted in order to run caligula and hadrian? : if so what are they for?

- COMDLG32.ocx - http://www.ascentive.com/support/ne...ib/COMDLG32.OCX
    - msvbvm60.dll - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...&displaylang=en

Quote Originally Posted by infernalbob
    Well i got two question.
    1) Do you think u can take out a guide on how to build a program like caligula and hadrian plz. i would really appriciate that and i bet other members would too.
    2) Do i need the followings items u posted in order to run caligula and hadrian? : if so what are they for?

- COMDLG32.ocx - http://www.ascentive.com/support/ne...ib/COMDLG32.OCX
    - msvbvm60.dll - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...&displaylang=en
    A guide to programming is a little to much for me. Luckily VB is a pretty simple and intrinsic language, so you can learn alot of programming by looking at the many guides on the net.
    If VB isnt your cup of tea, there is no shortage of guides for other languages, especially C/C++ and Java, both powerful and very solid languages.

For the 3 files.
    MSCOMCTL.ocx - Microsoft Common Controls, needed for the tabs, for some reasons tabs arnt common enough to be an intrinsic windows component.
    COMDLG32.ocx - Microsoft Common Dialogs, includes the parts needed for the common dialog boxes I use (the open and save windows). By using these, I make my life alot easier! It also means I don't have to use some strange save method that some of the other editors use.
    msvbvm60.dll - Visual basic 6 runtime DLL, needed by all VB6 programs. I use VB6 over .net because the VB6 runtimes are common as muck, most computers have them already sitting there.
    Now editing -

Hi, Ive got a question: I want to edit the Forts built by faction leaders. Where do I go about to do this?

Wandering Historian Member eadingas's Avatar
    Llanfairpwll- gwyngyll- gogerych- wyrndrobwll- llantysilio- gogogoch

What exactly do you want to edit?
    I'm still not here

I want to change the walls of the fort, maybe some other things along the way.

I live in Modesto, California. That's where the big daug of the Gallo company lives. Also the biggest beer/wine company in the world is.

ok thanks i now i know. but here's a new question. ok i open the caligula thing. then i press the open new unit tab the first upper left one, and nothing happens no words show up on the boxex below. can you help please.

To get unit data to display.

1) Open Caligula
    2) Press "Open Unit Data" and select your export_descr_unit.txt
    3) Click the "Category" drop down box in the top left corner, and select the category of units you wish to look at
    4) Click the "Unit" drop down box in the top middle and select the unit you wish to view, you can also type in the units name.

Now the text boxes in the tabs should fill up.
    Now editing -

Quote Originally Posted by GodsPetMonkey

1) Open Caligula
    Hi!
    I note small bug in Caligula

At the page "Attributes" ability Cantabrian Circle wrote "Cantabarian Circle"

As a result Caligula remove this ability at all.

In "exe"-file also "Cantabarian".

Sorry my uncorrectly English

Quote Originally Posted by Chernish
    Hi!
    I note small bug in Caligula

At the page "Attributes" ability Cantabrian Circle wrote "Cantabarian Circle"

As a result Caligula remove this ability at all.

In "exe"-file also "Cantabarian".

Sorry my uncorrectly English
    Several people had pointed that out to me, but thanks anyway!

Anyhow, a new version of Caligula is out, dealing with this and a few other issues, I had deliberately delayed releasing this version to make sure that if any issues came up from the 1.2 patch, their fixes would be included (and luckily there were no problems, as far as my testing could tell anyway).
    Now editing -

Probably a stupid question but how do you remove a unit? Adding one seems to be easy but I'm not sure how to remove one - Rome refuses to start if I simply erase the stats in the files.
    Wheel of Time mod forum
    Wheel of Time mod website
    Member of the Wheel of Time mod

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast