Thread: Where can i find ran!!

i can't find any samurai movies (unless they seem more like a kung-fu movie with swords!!) anywhere and they don't come t.v.!!

i this placed it in the wrong forum! now watch it get locked down!!

[This message has been edited by Seppu (edited 04-17-2001).]

It hasn't yet!

Now it has. (Transferred from the Expansion Pack forum, FYI.)

------------------
    "1. Gi: the right decision, taken with equanimity, the right attitude, the truth. When we must die, we must die. Rectitude."

[This message has been edited by Anssi Hakkinen (edited 04-18-2001).]
    "It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this".
    - Yamamoto Tsunetomo: Hagakure

Southpaw Samurai Member Ii Naomasa's Avatar

Depending on where you are, Ran shouldn't be that difficult to track down. In the States, most of the major video retailers (like Suncoast) have it available on DVD and VHS for at least order (and I've seen it on the shelves often enough). Of course, ordering it online would be the simplest method if such is available to you.

As for seeing it for free/relatively cheap, you'll have to be very vigilant to catch Japanese films on American television (and then, only on cable). It does happen, but so does getting hit by lightning. Your best bet in this case would probably be to see if there's some small theaters in your local area that specialize in art/foreign films and just keep tabs. More often than not they'll run either a Japanese festival or a Kurosawa festival.

Hopefully this helps you track down some elusive silver screen samurai....
    Naomasa Ii
    Vices & Virtues:
    Verbal Diarrhea: This general can't ever say or write anything in less than three paragraphs. Can't even yell 'Charge' without a soliloquy. -3 to command.

There's a video store in Japantown called Japan video and last time i was there they had Ran for sale,where do you live?.

Michael

Forgive me Japantown is in San Francisco sorry i forgot to post that my mistake.

Michael

i really don't fill like driving 4,000 miles to a video store!!

They might have a website i'm not sure about it but it could'nt hurt to look into.

Michael

Southpaw Samurai Member Ii Naomasa's Avatar

Just took a look and they do have a website.

Very nice selection. Some things are little pricey, but that's to be expected for some of the rarer videos. Hopefully we'll see a DVD listing soon. Thanks for the head's up, Michael.
    Naomasa Ii
    Vices & Virtues:
    Verbal Diarrhea: This general can't ever say or write anything in less than three paragraphs. Can't even yell 'Charge' without a soliloquy. -3 to command.

No problem glad to help since i used to live in San Francisco going to Japantown was pretty much a weekly trip.It's a great place and i know that even now they still have a very large model of the main part of Osaka Castle it's great,it's at least 10 ft tall or maybe more.

Michael

In my sword; the wind, in my heart; courage, in my eyes; death...I am Minagawa