Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MP help guide

Lightbulb Re: MP help guide

Ifind that splitting your army in half, attacking with the main army, taking the other half of the army behind the enemy without them noticing, and attacking them from the back is the best way to gain an advantage in the battle.
    The bigger the weapon the harder it is to pick up.-Shadow
    member of the lords of midnight
    visit us www.lordsofmidnight.tk

Default Re: MP help guide

Sorry, problem solved. I can play RTW MP now.
    Last edited by Craterus; 04-07-2005 at 11:20.

I've got an unusual tactic that I want to share, but every upload link I go to gives me all sorts of failed link problems. Can anyone help me out?

ok, i have been writing a MP guide for a while now, a lot of content has been written but the polishing off (spelling/grammer) and editing (to explain things clearly and entertaining) is taking a long time as i am not very good at English, even though its my first and only language!

is there still an interest in a Guide? or has the game been out for to long?

i know people need to read it, i've played them and make many errors that they might of avoided if they had read it.

if there is an interest then i will work out something for your enlightment and enjoyment
    Last edited by Lord Preston; 07-25-2005 at 02:56.

Mojito maker Member Jimmytwohand's Avatar

I still see new people coming into the GS rooms quite often and it is always easy to find a game online. Whether most of these players are already hardened and experienced is another matter. On a personal level a guide would have been a great help to me when i first started (and probably still would be). It is a big leap from SP to MP and from MTW MP to Rome so i would think there should be a clamour for any available online tips even if it is not in a polished format. Whether the release of the latest RTR or BI will kill off the vanilla lobbys is another matter entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Preston
    if there is an interest then i will work out something for your enlightment and enjoyment
    I would love to have a read of your guide Preston

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyTwoHand
    It is a big leap from SP to MP
    Yeah, I have been playing MP for about 3 weeks now and I personally think I handled the leap pretty well (after a few learning defeats) after all i think i learn more from my mistakes and watching the replay.

Wow, excellent post Romeo Longsword.

I was wondering if those who were discussing the grouping formation movement could post a summary of all the grouping movement/(re)formation tips please as I am having a lot of trouble myself too.

Control +A seems to be a bag of dice for me. The army will either retain it's overall formation at end of movement or be all over the place.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by SomeNick; 10-30-2005 at 06:01.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Check out Shogun : Total War Mod for RTW in development! >>> http://www.stratcommandcenter.com/fo...p?showforum=97

Rout Meister Member KyodaiSteeleye's Avatar
    Potton, near Sandy, the centre of the unknown universe

Well thanks to all who have answered this thread. As for me - i don't play RTW anymore, not for 6 months or more, especially not in multiplayer. I started out as an enthusiast with Shogun TW, an amazing game that realised many dreams about online battlefields, which was added too in Medieval TW. However, RTW, although a fun single player game is sadly lacking in MP and, indeed lacks the intracacies of the single player game in the previous versions, bizzarly enough.

So for me, TW is dead, long live its successor!
    KyodaiSpan, KyodaiSteeleye, PFJ_Span, Bohemund. Learn to recognise psychopaths

Is this the right thread for a little tech help?

I finally d/ld the 1.6 patch for BI so I could play multiplayer today. Had a good two battles, but then after the second it spat me back at after the completion of the game to the mp menu 'online battles, lan battles, change cd key'. When i click online battles it just says 'failed to log in'. Help please.

I will. Your connection with GS either got disconnected through the game or after it. To solve the problem, just restart game :)
    "Cry, the beloved country, for the unborn child that is the inheritor of our fear. Let him not love the earth too deeply. Let him not laugh too gladly when the water runs through his fingers, nor stand too silent when the setting sun makes red the veld with fire. Let him not be moved when the birds of his land are singing, nor give too much of his heart to a mountain or a valley. For fear will rob him of all if he gives too much."

Cry, the Beloved Country by Alan Paton.

Yeah thanks that worked :)

I am very interested in a MP guide. I read a MTW MP guide and found that to be very helpful. Even got some comments from others saying they were glad to hear I had read it.
    "Worry not about the arrow with your name on it, for there is but one. Instead, concern yourself with the arrows addressed 'To Whom it May Concern,' for there are many."

Quote Originally Posted by bogeys18
    I am very interested in a MP guide. I read a MTW MP guide and found that to be very helpful. Even got some comments from others saying they were glad to hear I had read it.
    Go take a look at the Academy in the Forum in my Sig.
    Glyndwr.

We invite you to sit at our camp fire
    www.nomadalliance.co.uk

Just wrote a post that took me like 20 minutes in quick reply, then I go to click on 'post' and it tells me I'm not logged in, and in the process losing everything I just typed. GG this forum.

I'd be happy to help with the Roman section of the guide and provide replays of using certain tactics if you want Lord Preston.

Hi comrades,

i am a newb to the online battles, i have completed the campaigns a few time and now fancy pitting my wits against some of the big guns out there.

problem lies in the cd key, everytime i enter it it states that it is invalid, is the any kind of universal over ride?

any help will be much appreciated.

also merry crimbo :D

Not sure if your problem is solved by now, but you must enter the CD-key exactly as it shows. Numbers from 0 to 9. Letters from A to F. There is no letter O, it is a zero. all letters are capitalized, don't use lowercase letters. And don't forget the dash (-) between each group of numbers.

Hope it helps.

It is about time CA does something about the CD-key validation module. Accepting dash or no dash, lower and upper case and convert all O to zero before validating is not so difficult to do and doesn't defeat the CDkey password scheme.

Annie
    AggonyJade of the Brotherhood of Aggony, [FF]ladyAn or [FF]Jade of the Freedom Fighters

..fears no adversary Senior Member Jochi Khan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by briggsius
    Hi comrades,

i am a newb to the online battles, i have completed the campaigns a few time and now fancy pitting my wits against some of the big guns out there.

problem lies in the cd key, everytime i enter it it states that it is invalid, is the any kind of universal over ride?
    any help will be much appreciated.

also merry crimbo :D
    No there is no universal over ride.
    As LadyAnn says, your cd key should be entered exactly as it is shown on the back of your manual or on your cd case. But with one exception to what she said....all Letters are LOWERCASE not capitals. (RTW uses lowercase MTW uses capitals)

For example (this is not an official cd key)...
    1a23-2a23-3a23-1a1a-2a2a-12a2.

If you still have problems report back here.

For some help and guidance with RTW Multi Player read...Here

Good Hunting.
    Last edited by Jochi Khan; 01-01-2008 at 17:01.
    R.I.P Great Warrior Ja mata TosaInu

sat at the..Nomad Alliance..campfire

Do your best and do it according to your own inner standard
    --call it conscience--
    not just according to society's knowledge and judgement of your deeds.

Keeper of the Pax Romanum Member TruePraetorian's Avatar

First post in this area of the Org...

Here is the story:

Me and my little brother wanted to play multiplayer. I said "ok", uninstalled Rome, then re-installed. I patched it to v1.5, then installed BI, then patched it to v1.6 (which has 1.5 i guess).

Well, i couldnt get on multiplayer. Finally, after about an hour, i applied patch 1.5. MP worked.

After several fights with my brother, the game CTD'd. I then loaded it back up, puzzled, and clicked multiplayer.

Now it says "not compatible......BI v1.5 (... "

BI doesnt have a 1.5, and this is the problem i had before. So, i used the 1.5 patch again, didnt work. Used 1.6 patch; Still nothing.

Anyone else have this problem?
    The Gods envy us.

They envy us because we are mortal, because any moment might be our last.
    Everything is more beautiful because we are doomed.
    You will never be lovlier than you are now.

We will never be here again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12