Thread: can someone help me!!!

Unhappy can someone help me!!!

I need some help with the multiplayer and how to play i have no idea ,
    I know Im in the wrong forum i'm just not sure if anyone will listen in the multiplayer forum any help is very apreciated
    " its funny when you think that if no war had existed there could be no peace ,without war, peace has no oppsite,but in the end it means nothing but what is a idea but words that blossoms in the minds of fickle or brilliant men that give them purpose and to them a meaning ." William Anderson 1781

Post Re: can someone help me!!!

Hullo the greek
    Might I ask more details on the problems you are having accessing MP? This guide/this thread can help with tactics should you be struggling it that way.

Also bear in mind that you need Patch 1.5 to play with the majority of current players. You can investigate your game's version by entering the "Options" menu and looking in the top left hand corner. There should be a number there, 1.x. Unfortunately the patches are not cumilative, so what this number is will effect which ones you need to apply. Beware though, patching the game may cause existing saved games to become non-playable.

If you have Rome: Total War and the version number is 1.0 or 1.1, then, to step upto the latest version, you first need to install either patch 1.2 or patch 1.3. Many have had issues with the 1.3 patch, so it may be easier to use 1.2.

Once you have completed this step, simply download and install the 1.5 patch. Once you have finished, and if everything was successful, your game should be both at the most recent version and be able to play multiplayer.

If you have Rome: Total War, the version number is 1.2 or 1.3 and you don't have Barbarian Invasion installed, then you can simply download and install the 1.5 patch straight away.

If you have Rome: Total War, the version number is 1.3, and you have Barbarian Invasion installed, then you will require the 1.6 patch. This updates both R:TW and BI to 1.5 and 1.6 respectively, both the latest versions of these games.

If you have Rome: Total War and the version number is 1.5, then you don't need to do anything. Your game is already patched to the latest version and can be used to play multiplayer games.

Your firewall may also be getting in the way of the game connecting to the internet. Ensure that its configured to allow the application to access the multiplayer servers. Sadly different firewalls have different settings, so one guide cannot really cover them all.

Good luck the greek

BTW, moved to the multiplayer forums - you should get a response from the more multiplayer orientated there
    Last edited by Omanes Alexandrapolites; 01-10-2008 at 19:16.
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

..fears no adversary Senior Member Jochi Khan's Avatar

Default Re: can someone help me!!!

Hello the greek

Quote Originally Posted by the greek
    I need some help with the multiplayer and how to play i have no idea ,
    I know Im in the wrong forum i'm just not sure if anyone will listen in the multiplayer forum any help is very apreciated
    For some information on MP play try this Link for a Guide to MultiPlayer.
    There is some very good advice on army selections, deployments, and tactical methods of play.
    R.I.P Great Warrior Ja mata TosaInu

sat at the..Nomad Alliance..campfire

Do your best and do it according to your own inner standard
    --call it conscience--
    not just according to society's knowledge and judgement of your deeds.

I mean do you have to pay for it?
    P.S Thanks kochi!
    " its funny when you think that if no war had existed there could be no peace ,without war, peace has no oppsite,but in the end it means nothing but what is a idea but words that blossoms in the minds of fickle or brilliant men that give them purpose and to them a meaning ." William Anderson 1781

No, you do not have to pay to play online (MP) but you will have to register for an account with GameSpy, the server.
    Use this Link to register a FREE account with Gamespy.

Once you have registered you will then have your online name email address and password that you created.
    Do not log in to the game through GameSpy..
    Put your game CD into the pc drive and start the game through there. Select Multiplayer, enter your email addy username password
    and CD key (exactly as it is on your manual or cd case...all o's are zeros). Press Enter.
    Any problems call back here.

Happy Hunting.
    Last edited by Jochi Khan; 01-12-2008 at 20:22.

--call it conscience--

Red face Re: can someone help me!!!

thanks its working but it says not compatible or something similar so i decided to reinstall but AAAHHHHHHH and now I cant reinstall it . serves me right but atleat I know how to go on multyplayer

Let us see if we can get you fixed.

You have tried to uninstall the game? By using the game uninstall option?

Another way is through your... Control Panel>Add/Remove programs.

Find the game name in the menue that appears...left click it to highlight it...then click ...Remove.
    This should uninstall the game for you.

If successfull, then try reinstalling the game.

Quote Originally Posted by the greek
    thanks its working but it says not compatible or something similar
    Is this when you try to join a game? This would mean you do not have the same version as the game you are trying to join. (not the same patch number)

Let us know how you get on.

Also, check out this Link for more information.
    Last edited by Jochi Khan; 01-15-2008 at 00:34.

--call it conscience--

no it doesnt matter i thought it was someting to to with the registary but it was the disk it cracked, it was an old disk anyway and very used!
    P.s I think that it had something to do with mods i installed on it ages ago.
    thanks for all the help Jochi Khan
    Last edited by the greek; 01-17-2008 at 17:30.

You are welcome.

Happy hunting.

--call it conscience--