Thread: How to get more governors??

Default How to get more governors??

Playing the game I always seem to run out of governors...I marry almost everyone who asks my daughters.....I build academies.....but all my governors get up to 65 and die before I have enough to replace them.....and I only have 6 or 7 cities....

Can anyone help out this newbie as to why this is? What do i need to do differently?

Understanding in a Car Crash Member RZST's Avatar

Default Re: How to get more governors??

hmm, you can try adoption. lead a same captain in a couple o heroic battles and you will have the option on adopting him(havent had this happen yet) or just be sure whenever someone tries to marry your daugters, they are young and not old =)

Taking on seven years that the holy ghost had left alone
    test my arms, kick like crazy, Ive been trying way too long.
    only if he could push his way off and fight you
    Im sorry, Im sorry, Im not sure
    Getting this off my chest, the story ends.

1000 post member club Member Quid's Avatar

I have started to 'buy' them and use them in my armies to gain useful virtues. In other words, get your diplomats out and bribe enemy generals. This, of course, will only work if you have enough cash. However, with six or seven cities you should generate enough left-over cash to be able to do so.

Quid
    ...for it is revenge I seek...

Cry Havoc and let slip the dogs of war
    Juleus Ceasar, Shakespear

I have noticed that the enemy-general only joins your faction after bribing, when your allied with that faction. Can anyone confirm this
    Honesty is the road to starvation....

Nope!! The Generals definetly turned to my side when I bribed them, without the faction being allied. But the General must be a family member I think. Your standard leader in charge of the army with no Family General will simply go away when you bribe him. At least that is what I expierenced...

Come to think of it, I would imagine that bribing a General would be considerd an act of war... Does the Diplomacy AI consider this???

If you are a Roman Faction, a good way to get new governors and generals is to bribe the armies of other Roman factions. You will be able to bribe the entire army and the family member 100% of the time (I believe).

If you place a good diplomat near the Senate, you will be able to bribe well trained armies that are not available elsewhere on the imperial map.

I have found that I never have enough money to afford to Bribe enemy Generals. I have tried to get a captain promoted, I have one Captain who has fought and won a couple of battles against powerful armies, he has just captured Byzantium (Armed only with a fruit knife )with little losses but still no Stars What can I do to get him Promoted ?
    May the Foss be with you....

I have found that successful family members have more children. I'm having the exact opposite problem, i have too many. I have been keeping my generals busy by expanding my territory on three fronts and they can't stop popping them out!
    Adoptions & Husbands also seem more common to a successful family, i mean who's family would you want to marry into? Some tiny faction with 2 territories going nowhere or the ultimate power in the region with over 30 regions all needing decent governing prowess.

*Ringo*
    Denuone Latine Loquebar?

Hey cool, just learn how to use the image tag! Just mucking around but always good to know! Thx to R'as al Ghul who's info on another thread helped out tremedously!

*Ringo*
    Denuone Latine Loquebar?

There is a thread by CA on promotion elsewhere on the ORG.

IMO you seem to get more gov's (by adoption etc)to maintain about a 50-75% ratio to your provinces.Also captain promotion seems easier if you have a low gov/town ratio.

The best way to bribe for govs is to find low star ones they are the cheapest, then you send them for training or give them a retinue etc.

I usually try to bribe the left over govs of defunct factions , I suspect(but don't know for sure)that they are cheaper then. I did get one 7star rebel general for a basement price I think of about 5-6k from memory.

I've never got over about 80-90% gov/town ratio, ? anyone have more govs than towns?
    Such is life- Ned Kelly -his last words just before he was hanged.

at present i have 15 cities and 17 governors, first time that ive not had to scrape around to manage my cities. I did have 18, altho one has just been killed in a very heroic stand of himself against one group of rebel peasants, and he still managed to kill over half of them

I usually run my empires without all my cities having a governor. I keep the major centers of my faction in family member governors the rest I run with a large garrison and/ or low taxes. BTW I have auto manage off at all times and usually play on easy or medium.
    If you havin' skyrim problems I feel bad for you son.. I dodged 99 arrows but my knee took one.

VENI, VIDI, NATES CALCE CONCIDI

I came, I saw, I kicked ass

thanks for all your replies...i will try to make some more cash and try the bribe route...any other thoughts would be appreciated.

I have quite a few members of my family....but it seems I am having way more daughters than sons....like a 3 to 1 ratio...

As soon as my faction heir reaches his early thirties I replace him with a younger model. No science to it but it seems to keep a steady stream of family members going all game.