Thread: hard time with vallee de loire

Thumbs down hard time with vallee de loire

I've done all the historical battles offered in MTW but I cant get over those english in vallee de loire. I can't imagine how the general Jeanne d'arc manage to win that battle!!! Anyone has a tip for me to win this battle?
    THX in advance...

What did I do? Member Lonewarrior's Avatar

Default Re: hard time with vallee de loire

I never beated that one, since luck was never with me, but I did almsot manage to win one time. Just keep pounding them with you archers, and I used a decoy to waste the longbows amunition.
    "Never rely on the glory of the morning nor the smiles of your mother-in-law."-Japanese Proverb

Okidokey, if I'm to make my first topic here, it may as well be useful.

First off, destroy the enemy troops that start off outside the castle.

Then, have to cannon that starts with a peasant and a spearman unit beside it blast a hole in the wall directly ahead of it. Have your army move over to behind that cannon by hugging the edge of the map. Have your other cannon destroy arrow towers etc. When the breach is made, charge in.

Usually, the enemy will not reinforce the section of the castle you are attacking. Remember, it's only the section the keep is in that you need to hold. If the English decide to reinforce that section by coming through the gate, you are screwed. If the enemy decide to walk around the castle to get to you, then you have plenty of time, but you may want to detatch a unit or two to slow them down.

Quote Originally Posted by feel_x
    I've done all the historical battles offered in MTW but I cant get over those english in vallee de loire. I can't imagine how the general Jeanne d'arc manage to win that battle!!! Anyone has a tip for me to win this battle?
    THX in advance...
    I think this is probably a remake of the battle at Jargeau where the english decide to sally fort in an attempt to stop the french, Jeanne d'arc was in that battle but she was not in command of the whole army.

Funny thing is i never bothered to play the historical battles in mtw but i will now, going to reinstall mtw afterall . I will post my findings on this particular battle.
    En nom Dieu!

Thumbs down Re: hard time with vallee de loire

Those historical battles are a lot of fun .. you go straight in battle without going through a whole campain. You can practice different strategies and units... most of the battles are easy but this french one most be the hardest. I'll try that suggestion of greyfox....