Thread: If there are problems, please contact the staff

Senior Member Senior Member Duke John's Avatar

Default If there are problems, please contact the staff

The Dungeon staff is not only here to sticky threads and help out modders with their modding problems. We are also here to keep the atmosphere pleasant despite the name of this forum. There was an incident at another forum where a poster harassed a development thread. The modders didn't seem to have contacted the staff until the poster had already posted quite a few of insults. I was a bit shocked to see how someone came up with the idea to critize the hard work of someone else just for the sake of critizing. I had hoped that this would happen in the Dungeon, but things seem to be changing with the coming of the R:TW.

I think that comment and critics are welcomed by all modders, but there is a big difference by blatantly insulting the mod/modder or by pointing out gameplay changes that you do not like for a real reason. C&C should be made to improve the mod.

I see the development threads as the personal threads of modders. Other members come there to visit and see how the mod is faring. If a guest is misbehaving according to the modder then he has the right to have inappropiate posts being removed. Development threads are special since they showcase all the hard work a modder has done and are also an excellent example of how people all over the world can work together.

Insulting posts can destroy that image and leave the thread with a sour taste. My opinion is that if people just cannot stand a particular mod then they shouldn't post in its thread.

So please feel free to PM Myrddraal, me or barocca whenever you feel someone is spoiling the fun of modding and appropiate actions will be taken.

Just remember that we have a good community here and production is at best when we only have happy thoughts and the staff is there to make sure that you can keep thinking happy thoughts

Using the works of other modders without their permission is not allowed for public modifications. Most of the modders spend many hours on models, graphics and such to give their mods a little extra flavour. At a certain time they will release a beta so that the public can give feedback with the intention to improve the mod. Using models from a beta in your own public mod is then very unhonourable as your leeching on the blood and tears of another community member.

As a result modification will be shut down if it is proven that is using work of others without permission. If you see your work in another mod and you have not given permission then feel free to contact the staff and appropiate actions will be taken.

Cheers,
    Duke John
    Last edited by Duke John; 01-12-2005 at 08:54.

Savior of Peasant Phill Member Silver Rusher's Avatar

Default Re: If there are problems, please contact the staff

****** caused you to make this, right?

DJ: Edited, let's not make a witch hunt. This is not solely about 1 case, this is about continueing a happy community into the future.
    Last edited by Duke John; 11-21-2004 at 20:01.
    THE GODFATHER, PART 2
    The Thread

Thumbs up Re: If there are problems, please contact the staff

Jolly good, DJ!
    Turns out I was right after all
    Sono Pazzi Questi Romani
    Paul Peru: Holier than thy bucket!

Senior Member Senior Member Duke John's Avatar

Exclamation Re: If there are problems, please contact the staff

The first post is sadly enough updated with a new rule:

Public modifications will be shut down if it is proven that it is using work of others without permission.

Hello,

I am new to your forum as writer although not as reader and navigator.
    I am the creator of DarthMod (i hope you have heard of it bcs it has been very famous for its gameplay enhancements) and included it in the forge forum as a thread.
    I have a personal forum in TWcenter and rometotalrealism forums.
    Is this service provided here?
    Can my thread become sticky for others to track easily?
    What services do you provide as forum to modders like me?
    Tks in advance for your answer.
    DarthMod It is pointless to resist. Give yourself to the dark side of the force!

I have a personal forum in TWcenter and rometotalrealism forums.
    Is this service provided here?

We have a Hosted Mods section for mods that are primarily in development on the Org. It's primarily there for when mods, especially teams, get so large that a single thread is not really enough for the team to communicate with one another.

Can my thread become sticky for others to track easily?

We typically don't sticky threads in the Forge aside from the administrative ones, after all if one mod thread is stickied, why not others? So we would end up with a forum full of stickies which would mean there was no difference from when we started!

What services do you provide as forum to modders like me?

What services would you like? Give myself or Myrddraal a PM and we can discuss how we can help.
    Epistolary Richard's modding Rules of Cool
    Cool modders make their mods with the :mod command line switch
    If they don't, then Cool mod-users use the Mod Enabler (JSGME)
    Cool modders use show_err
    Cool modders use the tutorials database Cool modders check out the Welcome to the Modding Forums! thread Cool modders keep backups Cool modders help each other out