Thread: The Emperor and the Assassin

Arr, hopefully this won't be considered OT because the movie I refer to is Chinese, not Japanese, but has anyone here seen it? It tells the story of the Chin Emperor from a pretty interesting personal perspective. There is some cheese as in most dramas that may be unbearable to some, but not a lot, and otherwise paints quite a portrait of the era. Eh?

------------------
    If I am not a foolio, then maybe YOU are a foolio! Once more into the breach dear friends.. Arr.
    All quotes are terrrible!

Senior Member Senior Member Kurando's Avatar

Don't worry Klen Sakurai, no one will move this thread from here.

Yeah, I've seen The Emperor and the Assassin + I must agree with you: though it's not everyone's cup of tea I thought it was an amazing movie; in fact, as far as outstanding Asian-Epics go I wouldn't hesitate to put it on par with RAN or Heaven and Earth + I wouldn't say that lightly either.

Modern civilization is a vast conspiracy against silence

yup saw it last yr here in the states, its aiight as far as i can say, but i think its not in the same level as Ran or Heaven and Earth, close but not close enough.

------------------
    In my sword; the wind, in my heart; courage, in my eyes; death...I am Minagawa
    In my sword; the wind, in my heart; courage, in my eyes; death...I am Minagawa

I believe I saw that at the local rental place. Since they have a notable lack of Kagemusha or any variety of anime, perhaps I'll rent it next time I'm here.

------------------
    Disappear into the Darkness!!
    "If your soul is imperfect, living will be difficult." -- Ryo Hayabusa, DOA2

"Hey, why are the enemy throwing their cookware at us?" *KABOOM* -- Thunderbomber sneak attack!

That sort of movie and that particular topic has been done to death in China. To a point that just seeing the title will give me a headache
    Pain is weakness leaving the body.

I have heard of the Three Kingdoms movie being published by the chinese. It is classified as one of the four famous books of chinese history. It took 3 years to finish the whole series.