Thread: akira kuosawa film tribute new york

karoshi Senior Member solypsist's Avatar

search Film Forum New York on your favorite search engine to see the schedule. if you plan on going give me a buzz and i'll hook us up with some dates (the female kind)

Senior Member Senior Member Shiro's Avatar

It's more specific than that though, right? Isn't there something about how it's all of Akira's movies that he did with Toshiro Mifune?

Anyway, I'd love to get down there but I'm a busy guy.

------------------
    “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.”
    —Samuel Johnson
    ------------------
    "Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense"
    -Order of the Garter Motto

[This message has been edited by Shiro (edited 07-27-2002).]
    "Everything Shiro said sounds good to me."
    -Solypsist
    "Catiline is the one with the black rag and Shiro is erm...the other one..."
    -Tosa

Senior Member Senior Member Jaguara's Avatar

Quote Originally posted by solypsist:
    search Film Forum New York on your favorite search engine to see the schedule. if you plan on going give me a buzz and i'll hook us up with some dates (the female kind) [/QUOTE]

That kind of offer, coming from Soly, should make a guy want to postpone his wedding anniversary celebrations in order to attend...or even the wedding itself..."Sorry honey, I know we have already sent out the invitations already, but I REALLY have to do this!"

Hey, if you ask me, Soly should be auctioning off the tickets on e-bay...he could post the pictures of the dates in the babiest thread, and make himself a small fortune...oh wait, most of our patrons live at home and are dependant on their parents...OK forget it, bad idea. (Unless you can get Redleg and Kukri in a bidding war!)

Jaguara

------------------
    Toda Nebuchadnezzar : " Trust Jaguara to come up with a comedy line!"

james : "[Jaguara] your are being sarcastic (no question about it)."
    Toda Nebuchadnezzar : Trust Jaguara to come up with the comedy line

"The only thing I am intolerant of is intolerance"

Quote Originally posted by Jaguara:
    That kind of offer, coming from Soly, should make a guy want to postpone his wedding anniversary celebrations in order to attend...or even the wedding itself..."Sorry honey, I know we have already sent out the invitations already, but I REALLY have to do this!"

Hey, if you ask me, Soly should be auctioning off the tickets on e-bay...he could post the pictures of the dates in the babiest thread, and make himself a small fortune...oh wait, most of our patrons live at home and are dependant on their parents...OK forget it, bad idea. (Unless you can get Redleg and Kukri in a bidding war!)

Jaguara

[/QUOTE]

you're calling Soly a pimp (?) .

------------------
    Just aded another post :D
    Mithrandir Poster of usefull information and entertaining posts

-Patcher of the Board.
    -Reuniter of patrons.
    -Firefighter
    Abandon all hope.

karoshi Senior Member solypsist's Avatar

actually yeah the film series is more specific; I just didn't have the actual info right in front of me so I had to keep things vague (I should've just not posted prematurely in the first place.)

so: Film Forum celebrates the legacy of Akira Kurosawa and his favorite actor, Toshiro Mifune. From Rashomon (1954) to Red Beard (1965). Of interest to STW fans will the big screen showings of Seven Samurai, Throne of Blood, The Hidden Fortress, and Yojimbo. All with remade film.

Two thumbs up.

Naughty Little Hippy Senior Member Tachikaze's Avatar

Just watched Throne of Blood this evening. Of all his films, I'd say that one has the most kabuki-like acting.

I'm a long way from New York. Isn't Shiro there?

Screw luxury; resist convenience.

Senior Member Senior Member Shiro's Avatar

It was very funny actually, I read about Soly's offer and then a several friends called me and up and invited me to see Throne of Blood yesterday. Anyway, I went down to see it with them. The screen is about the size of whatever you have at home (even if you have a 17 incher) but it was quite enjoyable. The movie is worth seeing if only for the memorable arrow scene with Mifune.

The film forum is great but their ticket prices could make you cry. It's $9.75 for a ticket just like every other damn place in the city.

[This message has been edited by Shiro (edited 07-28-2002).]
    "Everything Shiro said sounds good to me."
    -Solypsist
    "Catiline is the one with the black rag and Shiro is erm...the other one..."
    -Tosa