Thread: General

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Senior Member hoggy's Avatar

Unhappy General

Post here for general questions, ideas etc

Insanity perhaps is inevitable Member shifty157's Avatar

Default Re: General

Just wandering. Now that you have the larger hanya is it possible to have them hit 2 or even 3 men with one swing? Perhaps coding it as an area effect? Just speculation.

Senior Member Senior Member hoggy's Avatar

Hopefully yes, not looked into it yet but I think units have an area effect? Otherwise they have a charge bonus which throws men upo into the ir like cavalry so I'll be adding that.

Can't you mod into the unit some qualities that an elephant has? Even after the charge is over with an elephant, their normal attacks can launch multiple units into the air I think? Or is it just one?

Insanity perhaps is inevitable Member shifty157's Avatar

I just had an interesting idea hoggy. Have the 'peasant' unit for each faction take 0 turns to build. That way you can train as many peasants as you want in just 1 turn. This would make for interesting tacticle desicion. Whats more people might actually consider training them. Just for the simple fact that you could essentially mobilize the entire population of a city in 1 turn. Also when you think how much training does a unit of peasants actually need? They dont need any. Basically youre just handing them a cheap spear and sending them off to die. Using this thought it might take a day to outfit a unit of peasants. Considering how each turn is 6 months you can outfit a lot of peasants. This wouldnt upset any gameplay as peasants are still peasants and any semitrained unit can still cut through them. In the early game youll be severely limited by the population of the city so you probably wont be able to or wont want to mobilize more than 2 or 3 units of peasants. This would effectively not allow any rushing. From what i can think up this sounds like a really good idea to me. Taking the idea further you could then train town militia in 1/2 turn or 2 units per turn. The ultra elite untis could take up to 4 turns to train. The more i think about having peasants take 0 turns to train the more i like the idea.

Ekk!

Mass meat bags, god know's I wouldn't want to clean up after that battle.

@ hoggy what tools do You use to model and skin and such?

Many Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by shifty157
    I just had an interesting idea hoggy. Have the 'peasant' unit for each faction take 0 turns to build. That way you can train as many peasants as you want in just 1 turn. This would make for interesting tacticle desicion. Whats more people might actually consider training them. Just for the simple fact that you could essentially mobilize the entire population of a city in 1 turn...
    But remember that the enemy would do the same, making it a large peasant versus peasant war.
    "Winner of the 1st "Shamble's Total War Tournament,
    with 0 losses to his name.
    Hunkin Elvis
    "

-Shambles

Just wondering,is it posible for me to liek edit somthing somewere so that 1 of my general is immortal? as in not immortal on the battle field,no no just as in lives for ever not deing froem old age but can be assasinated or die in a battle..does anny 1 know?
    Ich bin Der Engel Des Todes... -_-