Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest Screenshots

Default Re: Latest Screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by hoggy
    I've just finished a bit of polishing on the demon units and am now starting on the Indian or Krishnapur faction. Here are the first unit, krishnapur peasants:
    That's some heavily armed peasants (;
    Bulten of Sweden

Senior Member Senior Member hoggy's Avatar

SingeDebile - this one has been discussed earlier in this thread and i've made my preference clear but thanks for the input.

Shifty - good point they are a bit oversaturated.

deathtoallhumans - Current estimate is... some time after the expansion pack.

Bulten - The idea is that the Krishnapur faction are the richest faction in Blue Lotus and as such even their peasants are well equipt. I could do with a better name for them though as peasants is probably a bit misleading. Perhaps Krishnapur Tulwars? ps. please try to avoid quoting images where possible as we end up with loads of repeats of the same image.

cheers - hoggy

The Dark Knight Member wlesmana's Avatar

Idea for the totally awesome copper dragon: if one archer is not deadly enough, you can always create an "invisible" archer, basically an archer with no mesh, just skeleton. Then have a half dozen of them piled up in the same spot as the current archer so it'd appear he could shoot 6 arrows at the same time.

Son of a Star Member Bar Kochba's Avatar

hoggy how long b4 people can start testing and if they r already can i help and when will the mod be finished??????
    "It is not so much that we need to be taken out of exile. It is that the exile must be taken out of us."- Lubavitcher Rebbe

"Its a great mitzva to be happy always" Rebbe Nachman of Breslov

We want moshiach now!!

Assistant Mod Mod Member GiantMonkeyMan's Avatar
    plymouth - scrubbing Beirut's toilet with a cat...

surly not that long hoggy?!?! at the rate you have been churning out units surely it should be ready sooner??? all you have to do is the korean faction, the rest of the indian and mongol factions (or are you doing mercs?) and finish the map..... well done BTW quite outstanding how fast you got the mod off its feet

Just your average dragoon Member DragoonXXIV's Avatar

Making units and textures is one thing, however all those units are worthless without the proper background, hierarchy, structuring(animation), and most importantly balancing that is necessary for a good game. And Hoggy has been doing a wonderful job so far, however there is still a lot of work that needs to be done. Either way you're forgetting the cardinal rule: 'If you didn't pay for it, you can't complain'.

lol hehe i suppose.... but i just cannot wait for hoggy and all the rest of the team to finish it...... it looks so good and is a great twist to the rtw game

Insanity perhaps is inevitable Member shifty157's Avatar

I dont think any of us can wait for this mod. But like Dragoon said Hoggy has a long way to go still. Absolutely everything will be redone in this mod including music, cities, building models, new animations and sounds, and just about everything else. Its a daunting undertaking but Hoggy and the talented team hes assembled have been progressing amazingly. I for one am more than pleased at the speed and quality of the mod so far.

Son of a Star Member Bar Kochba's Avatar

thx for info hoggy its a pity its not coin out sooner the mod looks excelent
    "It is not so much that we need to be taken out of exile. It is that the exile must be taken out of us."- Lubavitcher Rebbe

"Its a great mitzva to be happy always" Rebbe Nachman of Breslov

We want moshiach now!!

Solely on the art side I've not got my list here but there are about 35-40 units to go (remaining indians, koreans, rebels, mercenaries, monks etc) When they are done I'll be looking at battle environments like cities, trees etc and all the objects for the strat map and animation for special units and so on. blindfaithnogod and sykotik are working on building pictures and other asorted 2D stuff. We all work full time and only work on BL in our spare time - evenings and weekends so I reckon we'd be lucky to get a mod out before CA's expansion pack. Hopefully we can provide enough eye candy on the site in the meantime as anticipation and watching the progress is half the fun.

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

yes waiting is half the fun, but playing it seems also fun...

here are 2 more Indian units derived from the same model. Golden Archers and Golden Swords:

What did you base these models on? Obviously Indian epic art, but which specific piece?

I like the pointed shields.
    Last edited by ramareddy; 05-27-2005 at 21:07.

amazing!!!! keep it up hoggy

cheers guys. ramareddy, I'm not sure to tell you the truth. I saw it in a book at a friend house and did a quick sketch to remember it, sorry.

here are the tribal fanatics for the indian faction:

simply bad ass hoggy...loving it

I'm sure you've heard this hundreds of times, but this is beautiful.

Thumbs up Re: Latest Screenshots

Those tribal fanatics are looking good.

]
    Last edited by Ferocious_Imbecile; 05-29-2005 at 19:30.

Wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!

great detail on the fanatics hoggy i am truly impressed!!!

I have to say this is one of the best MODs that I have seen.

Awesome job there Hoggy! ! !

Keep up the good work.
    Can't wait to try this out.

Jmurphy997

Hm..I havn't seen any screenies of the "Chosun" unit yet. If they're still in development, I would love to help out. I'm no graphic artist, but I know a thing or two about Korean history. It just depends on what era we're basing these troops on.

Gubook - Any more reference material for Korean units would be good, they haven't been built yet. See the Army List thread for the units we're doing and put and any bits of information you find in that thread. :

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=41921

BL is a fantasy mod in that the units can come from a number of different periods/styles. The main thing I'm looking for at the moment is images of styles of Korean infantry that look noticeably different from chinese units.

here are the Chakram throwers. currently using the javelin anims because i couldn't get the slinger anims to work on this model:

I really like these dudes. They use unconventional ranged weaponry (bows) and unconventional looks which gives the game more variation. Those helmets/hats are great.

Insanity perhaps is inevitable Member shifty157's Avatar

well done. well done indeed.

OMG THIS IS AMAZING!!! Being a historian, im not a great fan of the magic but godammit, id spend many a night playing this mod!!!!!!
    Keep up the amazing work and bring in more screenshots!!!!!!

Today I found myself fantasizing about what will happen when we combine the Barbarian Invasion upgrade with Hoggy's magisterial Blue Lotus Total War...

Imagine commanding a huge force of Japanese samurai and approaching a river ford at night...the Yari Cavalry is dispatched as a vanguard to make the initial crossing and seize the bridgehead on the far bank...and then, wafting out of the woods a demonic army of spectral ghost geishas to oppose them, waving thier white swords....

Could be your God Member Abokasee's Avatar

HMMM I like those disk throwers....ANY WAY i think those peasents of the indain faction are MUCH to BIG they should (imagen this on ur arm hoggy) THE LARGE (or length from side to side) this should go an extra 2x of [---------------------------------------------------]
    Now with transparent layers!

Lost on the Internet? Go back to start.

Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast