Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest Screenshots

Default Re: Latest Screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Fanatic
    ive looked around the unit pics again and have noticed that u think guan yu was a cavalry unit, it wasnt, Guan yu was a hero around 200ad and was not a cavalry unit he was a warrior.
    alright, first off this is widely known and not something we would overlook

second, if you read the posts around those pictures, you would see that was not actually the desired results, but hoggy was unable to get just that character in (ie he couldn't get individual hero units)

third, its a fantasy mod

Great ghosts Hoggy, you da man!
    Will they be a missle based unit? They remind me of the head throwers the British have.
    nice work brudda!

OMG! Those ghosts are the best yet! What have you done? The textures of each individual ghost are so refined! Just when I thought you'd peaked out and the work couldn't get any better you've suddenly transcended everything else that's gone before!

AMAZING HOGGY. You're a bloody genius.

Quote Originally Posted by mike007
    Great ghosts Hoggy, you da man!
    Will they be a missle based unit? They remind me of the head throwers the British have.
    nice work brudda!

They are missile throwers I do believe

AoM: TW Director Member Lonely Soldier's Avatar
    Brisbane, Australia... but hopefully not for too long.

This is art.
    THE AGE OF MANKIND
    - Deceased

Quote Originally Posted by Lonely Soldier
    This is art.
    I totally agree. I'm excited for mods like Chivalry, EB, and Shogun, but Blue Lotus is truely something extra ordinary. Hoggy is very talented and it shows throughout all his work.

aka AggonyAdherbal Member Lord Adherbal's Avatar

IMO Hoggy is the best modeler in the RTW scene. Atleast for the fantasy style he uses. Each of those units and buildings are just perfect.

@Hoggy, did you have any experience with modelling & skinning before you started this mod ? Please say yes or I'm gonna be really jealous :)
    Member of The Lordz Games Studio:
    A new game development studio focusing on historical RTS games of the sword & musket era
    http://www.thelordzgamesstudio.com

Member of The Lordz Modding Collective:
    Creators of Napoleonic Total War I & II
    http://www.thelordz.co.uk

boy of DESTINY Senior Member Big_John's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [cF]Adherbal
    IMO Hoggy is the best modeler in the RTW scene. Atleast for the fantasy style he uses. Each of those units and buildings are just perfect.

@Hoggy, did you have any experience with modelling & skinning before you started this mod ? Please say yes or I'm gonna be really jealous :)
    quoting hoggy from earlier in this thread:

Quote Originally Posted by hoggy
    yep I'm a professional modeler. I started modding in my spare time as the game I was working on was football management and it required very little in the way of creativity. Modding your own game also avoids all the restrictions that normally come from the zombie marketing dept (in fact i may do a unit of them...). Got made redundant last December (british games industry imploding in the north) and sent my cv to CA but not a peep from them. I now commute 3 hours a day to work which limits my time for unit building but taking on blindfaithnogod and Sykotik Rampage to Blue Lotus has more than made up for the time loss. They've been doing an amazing amount of work, a lot of which is less screenshottable than mine but I wouldn't have been able to continue the mod without their help. Sorry, started rambling.
    Last edited by Big_John; 10-19-2005 at 18:18.
    now i'm here, and history is vindicated.

Quote Originally Posted by [cF]Adherbal
    well, I think you can be really jealous anyways

Hi Hoggy and team :)

Just visiting after a little while to check out how the mod is going and it looks awesome as usual lol!

I'd also like to add that those banners in the latest screen shots are really well done. That will add variety to battles for sure considering the rather boring ones of RTW.

Keep up the excellent work guys
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Check out Shogun : Total War Mod for RTW in development! >>> http://www.stratcommandcenter.com/fo...p?showforum=97

Impressive. Most impressive. The graphics are better by far than any others I've seen. Must admit I look forward to this mod being released more than any other.

German Enthusiast Member Alexanderofmacedon's Avatar

I look forward to this mod being released more than any other
    Uhh...I don't know about that one...

Nice !!
    "Do you have blacks, too?" —to Brazilian President Fernando Cardoso, Washington, D.C., Nov. 8, 2001
    "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
    —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004
    "I want you to know. Karyn is with us. A West Texas girl, just like me."
    —Nashville, Tenn., May 27, 2004

how stupid george bush is !

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Hoggy is by far the best modeller/skinner.
    If you have Hoggy as modeller/skinner, then you could finish the mod only with him.

Too bad CA didn't accept him.... I can't believe this!!!!
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Hi Hoggy!!
    Im new im the forum but ive been following the mod and its the...
    NUMBER ONE!!!!!!
    Hoggy and the team youre the best!

"How much Jerusalem worth?"

- Balian of Ivelin

After reading trough the entire thread i have found that the only thing i dislike is the demon characters and buildings (they remind me to much of buffy and heros). Personally i would like to see some buildings looking more like twisted chinese and japanese buildings and shrines than the ones i see now.

Now i don't know if you have other buildings that look more like the ones i would like (above) but from what i have seen i think you could draw some inspiration from the kamigawa edition magic cards (nice buildings) (look at the land cards and legendary land cards) (www.magicthegathering.com).

Now i guess this is a little late to change things but anyhow i am just telling.

BTW: Great work on the mod all three of you, you guys are my heros (almost).

Quote Originally Posted by El-Wrongo
    After reading trough the entire thread i have found that the only thing i dislike is the demon characters and buildings (they remind me to much of buffy and heros). Personally i would like to see some buildings looking more like twisted chinese and japanese buildings and shrines than the ones i see now.

Now i don't know if you have other buildings that look more like the ones i would like (above) but from what i have seen i think you could draw some inspiration from the kamigawa edition magic cards (nice buildings) (look at the land cards and legendary land cards) (www.magicthegathering.com).

Now i guess this is a little late to change things but anyhow i am just telling.

BTW: Great work on the mod all three of you, you guys are my heros (almost).
    i disgree. The building look great! unless you want this mod to come out in 2 years from now, i wouldnt be complaining about the looks of buldings.

Unless of course you can mod & want to help them out!?

and just because the deamon reminds you of buffy , does that necesraily mean its a bad thing? come on, they are 10 ft red bad ass looking mothers! how could u dislike them!? they fucking rock!

anyways good to see someone new on the site ;)

MUSIC FOR THE DEAF, AFTER Member Sykotyk Rampage's Avatar

Hi El-Wrongo,

What you see for examples are just a small sampling of the characters and buildings for the demons. There are many Asian themes throughout their ancillaries, characters and buildings...very twisted and morphed. The images -style and look- are purposely very separated out from the art style of the worldly counter parts. Remember there are 100's of building, character, ancillary, and event pictures just for the demons alone. Plus if we posted all of them the in game wonderment would be gone. LOL

Welcome to the thread ...great place for your first post!!!
    Skr

HARSH MUSIC FOR HARSH MINDS,
    ENVIRON-MENTAL SUITS NOT INCLUDED

I have been following your mod...and being of Korean decent, would love to play as my fantasy counterpart in your mod...

Now, I know its hard to find images of korean weapons, korean armour, etc on the internet...but luckily, I live in Korea, and they just recently opened up the Korean National Museum near where I live. This means I can go there and take pictures of Traditonal Korean Weapons and Armour, etc.

If they become a minor faction, Its understandable, but if I can help in any way possible to turn them into a major faction, I will gladly help.

Now, I have alittle information in my head, with two prominent korean weapons being the composite bow, and a trident. The koreans also made use of much brigatine armour, one major noticeble difference is, the korean brigatine armour consisted of one piece. Chinese brigatine on the other hand was made up of multiple pieces tied together. Helmet styles were similar to chinese, but not always. I don't think I have ever seen a barbed spear that the koreans ever used, but it could be possible, though not in great numbers. THen again, it is fantasy, but I would like to see some more traditionally armed units as well...I will try and get pictures of korean arms, armour, and etc.

Here is a link with a few pictures, and many swords...there is a big arguement between korean and japanese people on who exactly came up with the concept of the katana. Now we all know the japanese perfected the art of katana making. But it could possibly be a korean invention as well. Either way, Koreans made heavy use of japanese style swords, along with many chinese style straight blade swords as well.

http://www31.tok2.com/home2/jydjk/A-..._archives.html

http://www.willi-stengel.de/images/Kobukso.jpg
    In this picture, it shows Admiral Yi Sun Shin, dressed up in the Korean Brigatine Armour. The men standing around him in the Grey Tunics was the basic military uniform of a korean soldier during the Choson Period.

http://contents.kbs.co.kr/special/sp...eyword=&code=2
    This shows a few actual suits of refurbished/replica armour the Korean Broadcasting Station was allowed to use on loan from the korean government to film an up and coming Drama.

http://www.corea.it/24_arti_marziali.htm
    and here is a few pictures of korean men in traditional battle dress preforming various military drills

Great pics there.

The multi-barbed spears were actually used during the Joseon dynasty. You can check out a copy of on at the Korean Military Museum.

As for the pictures of guys in grey garb, the men standing next to Admiral Yi with the black hats are actually wearing standard military dress. The rest of the guys are in everyday peasant wear/ worker wear.

Tridents were an important part of the Joseon arsenal but were mainly ceremonial in Goguryeo. If they're used at all, I suggest giving them to elite troops or the general's body guard.
    Last edited by Gubook Janggoon; 11-23-2005 at 01:06.

Well, the mod is fantasy, not historical. Hoggy's stated on more than one occasion that he just uses what looks cool rather than what's correct for each time period.

Those screenshots send tingles down my spine. I hope everything is coming along well. Methinks that going for 'what is cool' cannot go wrong. I mean in a fantasy mod would you like mass loads of variety, all looking very very cool, or would you prefer, say, 100 kinds of hoplites because 'that is the main type of infantry the countries actually used in real life at that time period'. Personally, I like variety.

United on Earth Member al'Callaendor's Avatar

Default Re : Latest Screenshots

there are not new screens...
    The Wheel of Time turns and Ages come and go, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth,
    and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth returns again. In the Third Age, an Age of
    Prophecy, the World and Time themselves hang in the balance. What was, what will be, and what is, may yet
    fall under the Shadow

Twice and twice shall he be marked,
    Twice to live, and twice to die.
    Once the heron, to set his path.
    Twice the heron, to name him true.
    Once the dragon, for remembrance lost.
    Twice the dragon, for the price he must pay.

Quote Originally Posted by IPoseTheQuestionYouReturnTheAnswer
    Well, the mod is fantasy, not historical. Hoggy's stated on more than one occasion that he just uses what looks cool rather than what's correct for each time period.
    Which is probably one of the smartest ideas Hoggy had in the mod. R:TW really seems to have attracted the detail-nuts, the type who argue over the exact length in pixels of the gladius and the like, hence all the mods seem to be about "Making things more realistic/historically accurate". None seem willing to just say "Let's make something fun that looks good, and sod historical accuracy." Well done Hoggy.

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJRlunchbox
    Which is probably one of the smartest ideas Hoggy had in the mod. R:TW really seems to have attracted the detail-nuts, the type who argue over the exact length in pixels of the gladius and the like, hence all the mods seem to be about "Making things more realistic/historically accurate". None seem willing to just say "Let's make something fun that looks good, and sod historical accuracy." Well done Hoggy.
    not an EB fan are you ?

Not really. Realism's all well and good, but we're talking about a game where the player re-writes history, so going for insane realism doesn't quite fit the bill for me. For example, in my Seleucid game the Marius reforms weren't an act to professionalise the Roman Legion, they were copying the Seleucidian Silver Shield legionaire.

Anyway, no offense to historical buffs, but as it is there are far too few simple fantasy style mods. Hell, I'd settle for a mod which replaced the British with a race of Orc Raiders.

But to keep on topic, keep up the good work, BL team.

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJRlunchbox
    Not really. Realism's all well and good, but we're talking about a game where the player re-writes history, so going for insane realism doesn't quite fit the bill for me. For example, in my Seleucid game the Marius reforms weren't an act to professionalise the Roman Legion, they were copying the Seleucidian Silver Shield legionaire.

Anyway, no offense to historical buffs, but as it is there are far too few simple fantasy style mods. Hell, I'd settle for a mod which replaced the British with a race of Orc Raiders.

But to keep on topic, keep up the good work, BL team.
    Then you should give ME:TW, FATW, MEN, Wheel Of Time or RTR a try

aka AggonyAdherbal Member Lord Adherbal's Avatar

None seem willing to just say "Let's make something fun that looks good, and sod historical accuracy." Well done Hoggy.
    Why would we ? The commercial gaming industry already takes that part.
    Member of The Lordz Games Studio:
    A new game development studio focusing on historical RTS games of the sword & musket era
    http://www.thelordzgamesstudio.com

Member of The Lordz Modding Collective:
    Creators of Napoleonic Total War I & II
    http://www.thelordz.co.uk

IW Director, MA Mapper Member Ilsamir Lord's Avatar

Are the Koreans (or a Korean-like faction) still in this? I hope so, but apart from that everything else is astoundingly good!

This is one of the first major mods for R:TW isn't it? Glad to see its still coming along.
    VISIT OUR FORUM

An Original Fantasy Concept

Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast