Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Army Lists

Assistant Mod Mod Member GiantMonkeyMan's Avatar
    plymouth - scrubbing Beirut's toilet with a cat...

Default Re: Army Lists

there are always gonna be weaknesses in armies however cool they are.... if you pit two spartan hoplites vs only 1 then the two generally win for example......

i am more worried that the demon army will be too strong for the other armies to push back: the demons should get countless demons and the men are limited also the demons look so kick ass! lol

hoggy when are you doing the unit stat?? now, or when the models are fully completed

GMM

well, basically i implement the models into actually units with the appropriate stats and what not. when hoggy finishes them and sends them to me.(obviously he is quite capable of doing this himself. but i think we can all agree, the more time he spends with these great models, the better.) and so the units which are finished have some sort of preliminary stats. when all units are finished we can wory about if such and such cavalry is way to strong and such and such infantry cant last 2 seconds. that said i try to keep all things in perspective and look at how i rated the attack of samurai as apossed to the shoalin monks.
    wow that ended up being alittle longer than i had anticipated

Blue Lotus Total War
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Byzantium Total War

Senior Member Senior Member hoggy's Avatar

Yep, we can fine tune when we start testing but Blindfaith's initial stats work really well.

Cheers for all the input on Korean (Choson) units. I've done the concept art for this mini faction and adjusted the armylist slightly in light of your input (see page one of this thread). Hope you like them. There are no gunpowder or rocket units as yet but I may add some later.

Oh man those concept pics are wonderful (as usual!)... You are a top modeller but your concept art are incredible too. It is so alive, full of motion and it captures the spirit of every culture the warrior/unit comes from.

I can easily say that I am going to play as the Choson when the mod is finished. I hope that you (as you hinted) will add some gunpowder-based units. It will buff the Choson and turn it in to semi-mini faction/semi-standard faction and that would be cool.

Massive Shockage!

They're beautiful!

Haha. I'm overjoyed.

I can only hope that you may add more units to the Choson faction if you ever find the time.

Very nice!

Just had an idea here.

Perhaps you could add the Shaolin monks to the Korean faction too. (Yes, I am greedy).

That would require no additional modding or skinning, and it has a historical backround too. Monks actively participated in the Imjin Waeran, and the Goryeo dyansty had a corps of monks in it's army called the "Subdue Demon Corps"

Just a thought.

Once again the Choson faction looks beautiful!

Great jobb Hoggy!

Hm..I was looking through the concept art for the Koreans and I noticed a few things.

Just a few minor things, they look great though.

For the Goguryeo Heavy Cavalry, I noticed you gave the Horse "Pants". Sorry for being a stickler, but I havn't seen wall murals depicting that kind of armor. I think it would be more akin to this (Sorry for butchering your masterpieces on paint):

I also found it kind of wierd that the Hwarang's hat is facing forward..that's minor though.

Also, what's up with the spearman's hair? It's very, bulgy. Is that a hat?

If it's hair, he would have worn a long piece of cloth as a head band to keep it in place.

Otherwise, Beautiful. :D

Cheers

-GJ

fair points gubook. the spearmen are wearing hats.

ps. I've updated the rebel army with concepts on page one of this thread (post 7).

Quote Originally Posted by hoggy
    Neutral Armies (ie remaining factions):
    Infantry

Boar Spears
    Eagle archers
    Bear Warriors

Cavalry
    Lion Cavalry

Leaders
    Officers

She could be one of the Neutral Army:

"Winner of the 1st "Shamble's Total War Tournament,
    with 0 losses to his name.
    Hunkin Elvis
    "

-Shambles

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

whats the neutral army, slave/rebels?

I think a neutral army is from a neutral or rebel faction.
    "Winner of the 1st "Shamble's Total War Tournament,
    with 0 losses to his name.
    Hunkin Elvis
    "

-Shambles

Assistant Mod Mod Member GiantMonkeyMan's Avatar
    plymouth - scrubbing Beirut's toilet with a cat...

hoggy these new concepts are bloody amazing!!!! if you can bring these to 'life' then i'll eat my hat.... literally

Aggravated Ursine Member The Panda Centurion's Avatar

Shouldn't the Indians have "Krishnapur Bowmen", or something? From what i can see, they only have one bow unit and that's the Golden Archers, which are elite units, correct? Just clarifying.
    The Panda Centurion
    (click on image for large version)

You mean some kind of standard archer unit?

The question is if they really need it due all the other missile units the possess. I mean they have: Chakra Throwers, (Golden Archers), Scouts, Arjuna Chariots, Elephant Archers, Royal Elephants.
    These may be elite and/or specialized units, but in combination with other units they become the backbone for ranged combat.

Also Hoggy & crew have talked about how to profile the different factions to make everyone of them unique to play with. A part of the Krishnapur's army profile may be that they doesn't have any cheap standard archer/missile unit.

I don't know, just my guess.
    Last edited by Kageka; 06-23-2005 at 20:42.

Your guess is as good as mine.
    The Panda Centurion

Hoggy

Why is there no concept art for the Karazai Khanate (Mongol faction)? Models and skins has already been done by PixelGenie, there must be some concept art??? *I know I am a concept art junky*

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

the concept art is made only for hoggy's models not pixelgenie.

The art will be used in the unit info cards, and in order for their to be a uniform style, hoggy must make them. Either way, let the hoggster take his time, he's done enough for us to deserve a little break.
    The Panda Centurion

I'll be doing them when the units are finished for the unit info cards.

moved:
    Kull wrote:
    The concept and artwork for this mod are simply outstanding. So in keeping with the fantasy theme, have you considered how to portray rebel factions? EB has a nice concept for creating specialized rebels (by region), and that would fit nicely here. Three possibilities come to mind:

1) Monkey Gods (SE Asia portion of the map) - A feature in Hindu art, but also prevalent throughout the SE Asia region (Angkor Wat & Bali have some great temple art based largely on this theme). Cavalry could include "Tiger Riders" and units could feature some of the other jungle fauna from this area. A unit with Arcani-type "hide anywhere" capability would be deadly in the jungle.

2) Himalayan (For the high mountains north of India, West of China 1 and south of the Demons). One obvious unit would be the Yeti, but Snow Leopards and rugged Gurka-type hillmen could also play a role.

3) Desert Tribes (For the border regions between the Mongols/India and the Demons). A Bactrian Camel unit would be cool, plus some excellent horse archers.

I can't post images, but here's where they'd appear on your map (#1 = Green Circle, #2 = Red Circles, # 3 = Yellow Circles):

http://cullivan.com/images/BLmap4.jpg

Edit: Kageka has a wonderful post in the main Blue Lotus Thread which goes into GREAT detail on the Monkey Gods (Hanuman). So most of the research on this group is already done.

some top ideas there, There is already a list of rebels and mercenaries which we will be using to populate rebel armies.

should u have enough faction space to make a SE asia faction? call them the "water people" or "sea people" (but thats in the western mediterrainian) or make a thailand faction. they can be expert naval or something, related to fish, yeah .. . .. a water faction, this is a fantasy mod, why not make a mermaid water faction in SE asia?

Chilly5

A mermaid faction? Eh... Can you find some asians myths or folklore that would fit the mod. Well there are fish like demons and such, but an entire faction of fishdeamons? Or do you just mean that that there should be some kind of elite naval faction?

If you look at the Army list-forum under the Rebels/Mercenaries armylist you will find a few water/naval related units...

- Kojin Infantry (shark head)
    - Pirates
    - Fish men
    - Giant Turtle Riders

i dunno, more like a water-demon faction, with land memaids (WTF?!) and like . . . hmmmm-quick brainstorm:
    harpoon-men
    harpoon-throwers-prehaps the harpoon units can act as one, the men can throw harpoons or get close up and use it as a spear . . .
    watever u said about pirates
    fish fighters (guys with fin-like scimitars that have fish heads)
    mer-warriors (mermen with tridents)
    watever u said about the shark warriors
    watever u said about sea turtle riders
    mer-cavalry (mounted on giant seahorses)
    mer-DURING-maids (lol, i made a pun, mermaids, only they murder, like head hunting maidens, a female unit, has a trident?)
    octopus-men (uber guys with a mans legs and lower body, and a octopus on top. carries 8 cleavers?)
    giant lobster warriors (lobsters with some man-like features, like walking on two feet, sortof like the octo-men)
    giant crab riders?
    maybe not lobster men, giant lobster riders?
    general's body guard-
    consists of a few very elite looking mermen and a general that looks like a sea god, y'know the huge beard, the crown, the blue stuff-like posidon or neptune . . . .
    prehaps u can have sea dragon riders?
    water cannons?
    sword fish throwers?

i dont know, this is ur mod, those were just a few suggestions off the top of my head, its ur mod (wait, are u in the mod team? or am i talking to a pedestrian?) u decide weather or not a sea faction is in order and the units. . . i'm just giving my 2 cents . . ..

oh yes, a giant crab/lobster/seal or something unit would be great as a elephant-type unit! oh!oh! GIANT WAR WHALES! eh? eh?! a suber big whale unit, if possible, a flying whale unit! can come down and body slam and kill everyone! MUHUHAHAHA!
    . . .
    sorry, my imagination got the better of be, would a whale rider unit be possible? or sea chariots that have water horses? (though thats kinda european)
    . . .
    prehaps i should do a little research on aquatic asian mythology, but its ur mod . . . . doing this would make me a resercher . .. or a donater? *is lost*

Could be your God Member Abokasee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly5
    oh yes, a giant crab/lobster/seal or something unit would be great as a elephant-type unit! oh!oh! GIANT WAR WHALES! eh? eh?! a suber big whale unit, if possible, a flying whale unit! can come down and body slam and kill everyone! MUHUHAHAHA!
    . . .
    sorry, my imagination got the better of be, would a whale rider unit be possible? or sea chariots that have water horses? (though thats kinda european)
    . . .
    prehaps i should do a little research on aquatic asian mythology, but its ur mod . . . . doing this would make me a resercher . .. or a donater? *is lost*

Post that in the "count down to open beta bartix"
    LOL
    Now with transparent layers!

Lost on the Internet? Go back to start.

Sea kingdom?

Only thing I can think of is the Dragon King who ruled the seas.

yah, so wats wrong with the the sea kings, hm . . . in xi-you-ji the sea was divided into 4 kingdoms, north/east/south/west, i think one of them was the "head" if u havent resloved ur roman-senate overhaul, prehaps this would be a good alternative? but then, that would focus on the sea kingdom too much, this is supposed to focus on japan right? prehaps there should be a sea kingdom, and if u still have faction space- a "heaven" kingdom? prehaps control the middle or northmost part of the map? they would be like the opposite or demons, hell has gone loose and heaven is trying to contain it, they might be a the northmost of the map and have many wars with the demons, military consists of a combination of all the heaven mythologies of all the human faction portryed in this mod. but this is ur mod, wat do u think? (wait, whos mod? hoggy? u reading this? *is lost*)

As of now I think hoggy is tryin to concentrate on finishing up what we have slated for now (Which is monumental as it is).

When the project is finished up though, Hoggy has infered that he will think about adding to it.

Quite personally, rather than seeing more fantastic factions, i would rather see the beefing up of the Mongols and the Koreans.

cant u do both?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast