Thread: Using Mongols

Naughty Little Hippy Senior Member Tachikaze's Avatar

I've been trying to keep up on the news about the expansion. It seems like some posts assume that we will be able to use Mongol armies.

Has anyone official actually stated that we will be able to use Mongols in multiplayer? Are they only going to be an AI force in single-player campaigns or custom battles?

Sorry if I missed something in other threads.

Screw luxury; resist convenience.

Senior Member Senior Member Obake's Avatar

Tachi,

Forgive me for not remembering which threads specifically, but there have been a couple along with information from the .com site that have stated that we WILL in fact be able to use the new Mongol units online. I believe that the information on the .com site is included in the initial press release and there has also been a couple of posts by "Shogun" that have re-stated that information.

So in short, yes we will have access to the Mongol Cav, Korean Auxilliaries and whatever other units are available for online competition.

------------------
    FearObake
    I am the ghost of your fears.
    Got a compliment or concern about a Fearful Ways member? Let us know about it HERE
    Obake

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

The Mongols units can be used in multiplayer: this was confirmed by the Sh˘gun in Erado-sama's surrogate Question Time thread A Few Questions as follows:

Quote Q.Will the new units be available for online play as well?
    A. Yes, but if you don't have the add-on the units will not be available to you. However if you are playing against some one who has the add-on pack you will be able to see and fight thier new unit types.[/QUOTE]

There is also a single-player campaign mode where you play the Mongols and have the objective of looting & pillaging Japan. This was stated in the first press release, available at the Community Site.

Getting all those URLs straight took me 15 minutes.

------------------
    "Understood the Sword his meaning, / Understood the hero's question, / And it answered him as follows: / 'Wherefore at thy heart's desire / Should I not thy flesh devour, / And drink up thy blood so evil? / I who guiltless flesh have eaten, / Drank the blood of those who sinned not?'"
    -The Kalevala, Poem XXXVI, verses 327-334

[This message has been edited by Anssi Hakkinen (edited 01-12-2001).]
    "It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this".
    - Yamamoto Tsunetomo: Hagakure

Naughty Little Hippy Senior Member Tachikaze's Avatar

Obake & Anssi,

I appreciate the answers from both of you, and Anssi's links.

I remembered reading the campaign looting and pillaging (which should have given me the clue), but not the multiplayer stuff.

I'm glad we can use them. I'm looking forward to using both the Mongols and Koreans.

Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Tachikaze (edited 01-14-2001).]

Screw luxury; resist convenience.