Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Hard-Coded Limits

Axebitten Modder Senior Member Dol Guldur's Avatar

Default Re: Hard-Coded Limits

Thx for that Cam.

To update the initial post, there seems to be a limit of 165 events. See desc_events_enums.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."

Member-I'm still a noob though Member Melea Lord's Avatar

Post Re: Hard-Coded Limits

Has this been mentioned in the post:

The Yubtseb eliphants have 30 hp. 15 ain't the max.

Also a limit has the Bi.exe when you try to start rtw and the imperial campaign over it. The BI.exe didn´t support the outlaw events and fucntions so its not possible to cause a civil war wjhen you play over this Bi.exe. It Causes CTD´s

Also the RTW.exe doesnt support the horde ability function. Its causes CTD´s

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

What is a Hard-Coded limit?Can I modify the descr_merecenary without problem?

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Angry Re: Hard-Coded Limits

well im still figuring stuff out and im also one of those people that want larger unit sizes beyond the max 60=240. which i did figure out that you can input any number less than 60 and the ratio multiplies by 4. for instance
    40=160
    42=168
    55=221
    60=240 plus officers for each of course

after reading other peoples frustration with this i came to realize that noone had asked (that i have seen) if you could up the number of units in an army beyond the 20 allowed. ive seen plenty of AI armies with the Greeks for instance, that can have 22 or 23. so to make armies larger can the max units in an army just be raised to like 30 or something? and where can that file be found in the game to change it?

You can't have more than 20 units in an army, and you are mistaken about armies sometimes having 22 or more units. The scroll for viewing an army shows 9 units to a line, which creates the false impression that some armies have more than 20 units.

In descr_settlement_plan.txt maximaly 7 strat map buildings can be asigned to each 3D battlemap building.

Default city effects limits

i've looked around to see if i could find a list of this sort of information and haven't yet, and i thought it would be good to have here-

what are all of the max limits on city statistics- squalor (125), distance to capital (80?), population growth, law, garrison (80) etc etc etc

then also what are the maximum effects on the city from characters- some ancillaries give -1 squalor but what is the max? i mean, say a governor managed to get 5 ancillaries that each had a negative effect on squalor (or whatever), what would the cumulative max be?

CeltiberoRamiroI Member Monkwarrior's Avatar
    Salduie/Caesaraugusta/ Sarakusta/Saragossa

Perhaps it was already known (not by me ).

The maximum number of objects in model is 11 (apart from bones and scene root). 12 objects produces distortion of model in game (correct in 3ds max with animations) and CTD.
    Solved by attaching some objects together.

EB2 Baseless Conjecturer Member blacksnail's Avatar

I know the hidden_resource limit is 64, but is there a standard resource limit?

Well, you cannot create visible trade resources so I am not sure what you mean - we have just 26 (or was it 27?) that are listed.

I'm sure I've misunderstood you ;)

Finder of Little Oddities Senior Member Makanyane's Avatar

Don't think this is in here, max age you can give a named character in descr_strat.txt is 120. (by testing - show_err message if higher)

Unfortunately they can still live to 123 or so, which means they don't necessarily die on first turn.
    Not used mods before? Looking for something small and fun?!
    Download the:

Angry Re: Hard-Coded Limits

What a hell is this? :

so they can use thousands of provinces, hundreds of soldiers in unit, tens of factions, why we cannot????
    CA, increase this damn limits!

It's been pointed out that this thread doesn't mention hard-coded limit for campaign map size (apart from some initial speculation about 50pixel distance between cities)...

I think it is fairly well established (and it ties up with my research findings) that maximum possible size is 510 x 510 pixels map_regions.tga size which equates to 1021 x 1021 pixels map_heights.tga.

If anyone has got it to load over that please say....
    Download the:

Smile Re: Hard-Coded Limits

I have made maps over 510 and they always crashes.
    Once i make them 510 they loads. Seems its a limit.

This has not been fully tested, as I'm still experimenting with it, but it seems faction characters are hard-coded to have rally ability. I've tried getting rid of it in battle.txt and battle_ed.txt, only to experience either a CTD with no error report, or the general still has the rally ability.

Right now, I'm going to try to replace the rally ability with another ability, but I'm thinking this will affect ALL faction characters, and not just faction-specific characters.
    Go tell the Spartans, stranger passing by, that here, obedient to their laws we lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Simetrical
    descr_sm_factions.txt
    Faction limit: Min ?, max 21. Experimentation. Note that the maximum must include, for unexpanded RTW, one rebel faction, four Roman factions (including a Senate and the Roman alliance), six barbarian factions, four Greek factions, three Eastern factions, two Carthaginian factions, and an Egyptian faction, as far as faction-culture correspondence goes. In BI the culture restrictions and Roman alliance/Senate limitations are lifted, but there still must presumably be a rebel faction. Fewer factions than 21 are possible.
    Was just double checking a few thngs, no need to invent the wheel again ...

Not really sure if I'm getting the "unexpanded" part correctly, but I take it you at least did not imply "only v1.0"

What I'd like to point out is that I'm making a sort of all Romans mod and have currently 16 Roman factions in my game, the maximum I believe I can have
    Afaik you need 1 faction per culture, at least for the imperial campaign wich is pretty sweet with the Senate outlawing factions left and right ... :D

G

I'm not sure when the culture restrictions altered, but I am fairly sure that just refers to the difference between patch versions.

You reminded me though; Darkarbiter added to the TWC Wiki version of that bit of the list:
    "Fewer then 5 will also cause a crash if the player attempts to view "top five factions" for anything on the statistics screen as well."

He's right! Which was very annoying as I'd just uploaded 150MB of game that only had four factions in most of its campaigns when I spotted the comment...
    Download the:

Quote Originally Posted by Red Spot
    What I'd like to point out is that I'm making a sort of all Romans mod and have currently 16 Roman factions in my game, the maximum I believe I can have
    Afaik you need 1 faction per culture, at least for the imperial campaign wich is pretty sweet with the Senate outlawing factions left and right ... :D
    Not sure about that. For ages I had a campaign with only 5 cultures: roman, greek, carthaginian, eastern and barbarian. No egyptians at all, in spite of being included in descr_cultures.

Did you succed in that "all romans" mod? How does the senate manage with all those roman families?

Going to try that out Monkwarrior, I once had a culture removed and couldnt get past a CTD'ing game, I however am, to my liking, a few romans short ....

Anyway the game runs like a charm, getting my behind whooped for the first time in a campaign ....

The Senate just keeps outlawing the Julii (me) in label (imo lack of labels or simply reverting to Julii) without any more side-effect than you failing the "declare war on outlawed faction" missions all the time (wich you need to mod else you will end up with a very suicidal family :D)

I'm loving it ...;) (do note that gameplay is much more important to me than looks, though looks are cool too ... )

G

Quote Originally Posted by Red Spot
    Going to try that out Monkwarrior, I once had a culture removed and couldnt get past a CTD'ing game, I however am, to my liking, a few romans short ....
    G
    It didn't work in that way.
    Don't eliminate any culture. Just don't assign any faction to one culture. That's all.

I meant that ... anyway just redid it and got a bunch of CTD's untill I removed all refrences to diff. cultures in descr_building_battle and now I have 21 roman factions in my game ....

Thank you very much for sharing it is poss. Monkwarrior as else I wouldnt have even tried again

G

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Is the resource limit really 9??
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

map_regions.txt
    Resources per province: Min 0?, max 9? Assumption, experimentation. Extras ignored?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

In the descr_regions.txt there is a limit of 9 resources either hidden or not. More resources are apparently ignored by the engine.

Well I checked the EB file and I saw in many regions more than 9 resources (think most of them are hidden).

I believe it is incorrect or was upped in an official patch. And you do not need to list resources anyway, as long as they are in the DS file. Do list hidden resources though.

One easily trifled with Member Target Champion Motep's Avatar

As for max ammo, I edited the arrows I was using (80 angle, 80 velocity), gave it a range of 900, and I could shoot half way across the battle map.

So far, I have yet to reach a limit.
    TosaInu shall never be forgotten.

never mind
    Last edited by HouseOfHam; 06-04-2008 at 21:35.
    RTR VII Developer

Scratch that. Works fine with longer ones.

ps: Why can't I edit my own posts?
    RTR VII Developer

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HouseOfHam
    Scratch that. Works fine with longer ones.

ps: Why can't I edit my own posts?
    BEcause you are a Junior Member.

Be a good member and you will deserve your own promotion.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Units recruitable in a given city, not counting agents: Min 0, max 32. Default usage, experimentation. Extras CTD.
    Should be changed to Min 1, Max 32. Having no recruitable units in a city will cause a CTD under certain circumstances (if the city is bribed, or if it rebels). Also units with the mercenary_unit attribute can't be used to meet the 1 unit minimum.

Bassist, God and Modder Member Thor the Bassist's Avatar

Max number of buildings that can have platforms in one battlemap is 115. Exceeding this creates a (rather confusing) CTD with no error message.
    Last edited by Thor the Bassist; 07-12-2008 at 18:05.

Building for the Future of METW

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast