Thread: New Honor day stuff is up!

Senior Member Senior Member Obake's Avatar

Not really much to report though. The most interesting thing I noticed was Richie saying that the movies were leaked and that they were incomplete!

There is nothing new as far as units go, but there is a new image on the site tour that Maggy should LOVE!

There is also a BIG image from in-game that is downloadable. It looks like a Mongol Army on the beach but I can't tell for sure. The image is in .tga format so you will need to have a program that will read/convert Targa's. The interesting thing about the pic is that there are two relatively large items behind the Army that I can't make out. They actually look like some kind of Seige Tower, but I don't know.......

Lastly, I don't know if this is new, or if I just missed it on Monday, but there is mention regarding 1.13. It says that they are working on ensuring that the update will be compatible with both the current software as well as the add-on. I wonder if that's all that is left, or if they are still adding features since they hint at it in what they say.

Anyway, thought I would give everyone a heads-up!

------------------
    FearObake
    I am the ghost of your fears.
    Got a compliment or concern about a Fearful Ways member? Let us know about it HERE
    Obake

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Thank you, Obake-sama. I've pondered whether or not to post heads-ups like these, but it seems these problems just solve themselves.

Possibly a pity someone leaked those MPGs, we may now be less impressed by the *actual* preview movies... But let's just trust the Sh˘gun and assume we're going to be so impressed anyway that that won't matter

Well, no new unit: my first guess is that they're going to move up the "weekly new unit day" to Monday instead of Friday. So look for the next unit on Monday, maybe we'll start getting the Mongols themselves next? Another possibility is they skipped this week in order to maintain the suspense, but it's too frighful to really consider.

The screenshot might be from the Mongol intro, and at least I think it's very nice-looking. The text beside it seems somewhat uninformative: too much sales talk, to accommodate people who aren't sure they will buy the expansion at the very first possible moment (none of those here... ). However, with some creative interpretation, one could actually discern that if playing the Mongols, the player takes the role of Kublai Khan... Personally. Now there's an interesting idea...

The screenshot is also nice. The brown squares in the background look a bit too small to be siege towers though: maybe the Mongols used weird-looking ones, or then it's their version of the commander's tent. Or something entirely else...

And the 1.13 mention has indeed been there since Monday... I've seen it before, at least. That patch seems to be suffering from a major case of the "two weeks" syndrome, but we're patient...

------------------
    "Understood the Sword his meaning, / Understood the hero's question, / And it answered him as follows: / 'Wherefore at thy heart's desire / Should I not thy flesh devour, / And drink up thy blood so evil? / I who guiltless flesh have eaten, / Drank the blood of those who sinned not?'"
    -The Kalevala, Poem XXXVI, verses 327-334
    "It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this".
    - Yamamoto Tsunetomo: Hagakure

i can;t watch the movies so i can't really talk but the mongols had huge yurts (spelling?) compared to normal tents

------------------
    Hirosito Mori

A warrior's wisdom is shown in the treating of his defeated opponent
    Hirosito Mori

Hirosito the Baptist of the Babbiest Babe Thread.

Gentile or Jew
    O you who turn the wheel and look to windward,
    Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

Yurt is a fun word to say out loud.

always the the northern tribes making trouble

but you're right it kind of fun

------------------
    Hirosito Mori

A warrior's wisdom is shown in the treating of his defeated opponent
    Hirosito Mori

Hirosito the Baptist of the Babbiest Babe Thread.

Gentile or Jew
    O you who turn the wheel and look to windward,
    Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.