Thread: Ninja Oda campaign

Default Ninja Oda campaign

I just finished up an Oda grand campaign I'd been wanting to try, using Yamashiro and Iga with Famous Ninja Houses to supply a steady stream of pre-fab Honor 2 assassins. While I churned out ninjas, I dealt with the rebels and expanded conservatively.

Sending my ninja after high-value targets paid off when one of them took out Lord Hojo and rendered his lands vulnerable. When the clan re-emerged later, it only took a couple tries to assassinate the new daimyo. And by then, I controlled Shinano and Musashi.

It was a long, hard slog of a campaign, with frequent attacks from two or three directions. Certainly, the AI rarely contains my expansion so well. However, all the remaining enemy daimyos except Uesugi were killed in battle, leaving me one single rival to eliminate once I trained a Geisha.

In the past, I hadn't used Geishas much, but I now see them as a good way to end a triumphant campaign once the contest for the Shogunate is essentially over, to avoid fighting a few dozen battles which won't affect the overall outcome.

Default Re: Ninja Oda campaign

haha, this actually sounds pretty good... I cant believe your Ninja managed to kill daimyo Hojo! I love it when I have a really high level Ninja with like 8 actual kills... Its a buzz everytime the video shows them going after a new target! You can guarantee they'll die to a crappy level 1 Taisho or something though.

Weird Organism Senior Member Drisos's Avatar

Lightbulb Re: Ninja Oda campaign

Had ninja with 6 honour once, and it succeeded in killing a daimyo.
    - Chu - Gi - Makoto - Rei - Jin - Yu - Meiyo -

It's still possible to kill a Daimyo with Honor 0 ninja, you should just keep them sending :) Sometimes it's surprisingly quicker than you expect, in fact.

Senior Member Senior Member ReluctantSamurai's Avatar

Better to save a lvl6 ninja for killing geisha...they almost always succeed provided she isn't mid-to-high level.

I personally don't like geisha and so "removed" them from the game. I also don't attempt assassination on enemy heirs (but ronin generals are fair game), preferring to live or die by the sword on the battlefield. I once ruined a very fun campaign by killing off my main antagonists heirs, and when the Daimyo died from old age, all his provinces went ronin. Boring.....
    High Plains Drifter

Quote Originally Posted by ReluctantSamurai View Post
    Better to save a lvl6 ninja for killing geisha...they almost always succeed provided she isn't mid-to-high level.

I personally don't like geisha and so "removed" them from the game. I also don't attempt assassination on enemy heirs (but ronin generals are fair game), preferring to live or die by the sword on the battlefield. I once ruined a very fun campaign by killing off my main antagonists heirs, and when the Daimyo died from old age, all his provinces went ronin. Boring.....
    Since the last time I get crazy when my lvl6 Ninja dies in the hands of Border Forts, I don't have the nerve to wait for lvl6 :)