Thread: Thanks for the memories... :-)

Senior Member Senior Member Kurando's Avatar

After long and careful consideration I feel that the time has come to hang up my spurs and turn the job of Dojo Admin over to someone who is more in touch with the gaming community. With that idea in mind I hearby empower Rob as my replacement. I have talked through the particulars of this transition with both Dan and Rob + I am confident that they will continue to do whatever it takes to keep .org pointed in the right direction; so please afford them your full support during this period of transition.

Also, please note I am not leaving the org, (other than in the capacity of Admin), and that I intend to remain active as a patron. Keeping that in mind, I Just want to say that I feel I owe you guys a great debt for helping make my tenure as a staff member so enjoyable; accordingly I wish to thank the following patrons, (many of whom have since moved on, but I still remember fondly).

Old School Guys:

Erado_San, TheRonin, Therin the Red (MIA), JPF, Finbar, Satake (MIA), Havoc (MIA), Magyar Khan, Jubala (MIA), Jutaro (MIA), Kyu_Ichi (MIA), Hach, Jun Tokogawa, Towashima Masakaido, Dragur (MIA), Gandalf the Grey (MIA), Dan, Richie@Dreamtime, Avenging Warrior, Toranaga (from RSG) (MIA), Anjin San (MIA), Zen_Blade, BanzaiZap, DoCtoR, Dark Moor Dragon (MIA), davout (MIA), nodachiwarrior, Aggellos, sonic_nights, Nelson, Bishamonten, Red Brian (MIA), Toyotomi Saburo (MIA), Lord Samu (MIA), Milord (MIA), Dwimmerlaik, and -JeStEr- (MIA).

New Arrivals: (by which I mean they've been hanging about for less than a year)

JayDee, Obake, Black Ship, El_Marko, Gunner (MIA), GrumpyOMO (MIA), Didz, Widda, OUT4BLOOD, ACOL Consumer, Terazawa Tokugawa, laertes, Momotaro Asakura, Asaji, Heims, Anssi Häkkinen, EA Rascal, ShadowKill, Catline, Gregoshi, FearedSangsara, DrNo, Shimazu Tokugawa, hecose, ManOwaR (MIA), Methabaron, LinkOctavian, Regulus, lanza27, Red Peasant, Target (MIA), Link Shumeisan, Kage, Dark Phoenix, Ronin (from holland) (MIA), Strategy, FearOrBeSori (AWOL), Rob, The Iron Duke, Ai-jin, Mariko, johnmcd, Puzz3D, LostDaimyo, Ii Naomasa, Word-san, Agent Provocateur, Toda Nebuchadnezzar, leoknite, theforce, Tenchimuyo, Kraellin, Spin Doctor & Buccaneer (from CM), Slychaos, Micke(Link)San, Idaho, Ajidrik, Shiro, Devils Advocate, Bigboned (MIA), Miaowara Tomokato, ShaiHulud, Ronin (From Portugal), BakaGaijin, and last but not least: solypsist.

And extra special thanks to my best online m8 IRONLUNG, as well as old schoolers: FWS (the smartest guy I know), and The Killing Dutchman (the toughest guy I know).

Note: I refered to some patrons by their "old names" because I've never quite gotten use to the new ones + there are undoubltedly a few names I've forgotten and a few persons I've pissed-off over the years, so to those individuals I offer the following apology.

Modern civilization is a vast conspiracy against silence

Nooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

OMG if he leaves I will stop playing Shogun myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahem, seriously, Kurando who?

Metha

PS: good luck in your future endeavours mate
    PSS: sometimes I should read better, you are not really leaving aren't you

------------------
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

[This message has been edited by Methabaron (edited 01-15-2001).]
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

Senior Member Senior Member The Scourge's Avatar

Well i hope you mean it ,about sticking around ,as a normal member(What ever that means)The place wouldn't be the same without ya.
    That's it.

Senior Member Senior Member TheRonin's Avatar

Well kurando, its been fun since the first day we were given our moding jobs, all the way through the days of me being accused of being a card carrying physcopath and being on a hard core power trip, we have seen many great titans fall: Gandalf the gray from the Red Samurai Guild, AW from the same(He still checks back on us from time to time, and the fall of their "Grand Online Campaign(sp)" and outhers but unfortunatly I dont remember them but you know who you are .

I will never forget the long nights we spent doing hard core gangster impressions on IRC and ICQ. Sorry to see you go, and you better damn well be checking back from time to time or your pink elephant get it!!

Later Kurando. And dont worry; i'll be maken sure you get your props(Respect)

later K

Good luck Iron Lung and watch your back man, Bring me back something nice, something along the lines of lets say... A fully automatic?? heh j/k I already have one

Props to my fellow ex-homies

------------------
    "Its better to blow things up and enjoy the power that weaponry gives us to resolve situations,
    rather than talk to people and figure things out."
    "Have Katana, will travel" -TheRonin The way of the sake bottle.

Senior Member Senior Member The Daimyo's Avatar

"Man Down! Man Down!"
    "He's Dead Jim!"
    "Officer Down..."
    "Send in trailers"

Well it is a sad thing to see, yet another casualty in the war on Chaos and Mayhem.
    Couldn't you have waited a month? I wanted to be one of the Old School Guys! At least another week or two....
    Your absence will be felt, and I am sure that there will be a bit of pause around the community. Then of course we'll get back to raising hell around here!!!
    JK!
    Thanks for your time served as Administrator Kurando, it was appreciated, even by the rowdy folk, I am sure of it.
    Cya around!

Thanks For Being here You guys!

------------------
    The Daimyo
    Miaowara "Kakizaki" Tomokato
    @ http://www.planettotalwar.com

[This message has been edited by The Daimyo (edited 01-15-2001).]

[This message has been edited by The Daimyo (edited 01-17-2001).]

[This message has been edited by The Daimyo (edited 01-17-2001).]

Well, this isn't a goodbye thread per se, but sure does feel like one.

Kurando-sama, you were a great administrator, and I have no doubt that you will be just as great as an ordinary, mortal patron. Just you rememebr to hang around, like Scourge-sama insisted.

"Nothing changes until everything changes." So I'd better say all the other things here, too.

Good luck to IRONLUNG-sama, may his sword fell many a foe (in a metaphorical sense... of course... ). And good luck to all the people who will now be assuming their new responsibilities. The Dojo stands as long as there are competent people to run it, and judging by the new admins' previous merits, the Dojo should have no fear for its future.

Clear skies. (My signature change to that depressing one is pure coincidence, by the way. )

------------------
    "Kullervo, Kalervo's offspring, / With the very bluest stockings, / On the ground the haft set firmly, / On the heath the hilt pressed tightly, / Turned the point against his bosom, / And upon the point he threw him, / Thus he found the death he sought for, / Cast himself into destruction."
    -The Kalevala, Poem XXXVI, verses 335-342
    "It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this".
    - Yamamoto Tsunetomo: Hagakure

Senior Member Senior Member Zen Blade's Avatar

I never knew what it was like to be a man until the day i saw my father cry...

"Memories....(something...) Memories... (something...) memories..."
    : )

Kurando, as a moderator for the past few months all i can say is thanks, you were a very big help. And to Ironlung, well... have fun in the military.

also, I can't believe I got on the oldies list. YES!! (I don't remember when I joined, but it is actually kind of depressing to be on the oldies list. Great honor, but depressing)

and everyone, visit the history forum more often! ask questions, comment, discuss. Any history is welcomed, although Japanese is preferred!

-Zen Blade

------------------
    Zen Blade Asai
    Red Devil
    Last of the RSG
    Zen Blade Asai
    Red Devil
    Last of the RSG
    Clan Tenki Council-Unity, Retired
    SHS Core Member, Retired
    Derelict from an older age.

Naughty Little Hippy Senior Member Tachikaze's Avatar

Kurando is John Cleese? The secret is out!

I didn't make your lists, but I'm sure it was due to that game where I did a Naginata rush against you, and your troops died of boredom. . . or you got tired of typing all those [b]s and [i]s. But it's OK. I'm used to not being noticed (sniff sniff).

Anyway, this is the best game forum I've taken part in. Thanks for the good work.

------------------
    A murky puddle becomes clear when it is still.

Screw luxury; resist convenience.

I am sure our Path Of Life will cross again

btw

Satake is still online with a very difficult name
    Davout is still online as Nokhor Akechi

and even Seb4969 posted on my forum so.....
    Clan Wolves: 10 years in Total War
    visit us at wolves.magyarkhan.org
    and youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ClanWolves
    and watch a Creative Assembly employee struggle in battle....

Senior Member Senior Member Shiro's Avatar

Well Kurando-sama you've done a great job and I believe the whole community is in your debt. Good luck and the best wishes for the future.

I would add my voice to The Scourge in hoping that you will stick around.
    "Everything Shiro said sounds good to me."
    -Solypsist
    "Catiline is the one with the black rag and Shiro is erm...the other one..."
    -Tosa

Summa Rudis Senior Member Catiline's Avatar

Well thankyou sir, you've done a damn fine job. Here's hoping you hang around a bit longer. Presumably you'll get a rank change now. P'raps you can become whatever the Japanese equivalent of Elephant is

------------------
    It's not a bug, it's a feature
    Quo usque tandem abutere, Catilina, patientia nostra

Senior Member Senior Member FwSeal's Avatar

Kurando, you'll be sorely missed. I don't think I'm alone when I say you were just about the nicest guy to ever hang around here. Don't know what else to say... except that the place will be much diminished with your departure. Good luck and dewa matta...

Senior Member Senior Member The Black Ship's Avatar

"Misty watercolor memories....of the way we were...." (sniff, sniff...wipes tear from corner of eye, and snot from nose)

We'll miss you guys, and IronLung best of luck...especially with the Crucible

Stop by and say hi or something
    All we are saying....is give peas a chance - Jolly Green Giant

Well Kurando, looking at the way the org is right now, one can only say........

"Job well done"

Hopefully I'll still be hearing some of your informative comments on the forums (when I'm ever about, that is)

So now maybe you'll have time to write some of those 'military-scenarios' again, eh?

If anyone deserves a break from their duties, its you Kurando. Hopefully your still gonna visit the ORG and offer your input into the matters discussed. Also, THANK YOU for setting up my account, I never thanked you for this, and am sorry that I didnt do it at first. It should have been my first post in the ORG.
    We live in a world of Disclaimers

Honor to Clan Doragon
    www.doragon.cjb.net

hmmm.....
    too bad your leaving. and with rob in place. he dosent like me too much
    oh well maybe we won't fight too much lol

------------------
    I will be Baron of the world.

If anyone deserves a break from their duties, its you Kurando. Hopefully your still gonna visit...hey Ajidrik - that's what I was gonna say.

Seriously Kurando, thanks for doing a wonderful job. This forum is great equally for what it is and what it isn't. Your hand helped make it so and you should feel good about your work here. Now you can sit back and enjoy this forum for no reason other than because you want to.

Gregoshi
    This space intentionally left blank

make sure you stop by the off topic and visit me all right there bottlenose

------------------
    Fear not the sword to your front, but the blade at your back.

Clan Shades
    Shades
    Clan Shades
    come by and give us a visit
    ShadeLord Shiba a member of clan shades

karoshi Senior Member solypsist's Avatar

i must admit it's no surprise, really.

but it's always a shame when such a great .Org admin leaves his desk job and goes back to walking the streets, especially when those streets are in Canada.

see ya around, K

I dunno Soly, those Van city streets have got to be pretty sweet.
    Kurando - shame to see you leave your post, but now you can be one of us normal .Org participants. Hold up - we're normal?! Anyways, thanks again for all your help when I first came aboard, your aid will be remembered.

Senior Member Senior Member ShaiHulud's Avatar

The character of this board surely reflects those who have so faithfully directed it. High regard is not a bad thing to take away with you. Take care and good luck!

------------------
    Wind fells blossoms, rain
    fells steel,yet bamboo bends and drinks
    O stranger, Go tell the Spartans that we lie here, obedient to their will.....

Yes the great memories.. It's hard to leave something you've put so much time and energy into and then have to walk away from. I met some great people during my stay. That is what ill miss the most.

But im glad to say we have some good guys to replace us.

So good luck to all you guys and ill hang around a bit for the rest of the month until I ship out.

------------------
    IRONLUNG
    IRONLUNG

karoshi Senior Member solypsist's Avatar

I almost forgot to give my regards to Ironlung, probably because he's not attention-needy enough to post his own "I'm leaving guys.." thread (a sign of good character). Sorry to saee you go too, Ironlung.

Senior Member Senior Member Kurando's Avatar

heh, I'm giving 7-to-1 odds that IL gets taken-out by a jealous husband, before he ever makes it onto the battlefield...

Seriously, you stay safe man!!

Modern civilization is a vast conspiracy against silence

Senior Member Senior Member Shiro's Avatar

Good luck to you too IRONLUNG!
    "Everything Shiro said sounds good to me."
    -Solypsist
    "Catiline is the one with the black rag and Shiro is erm...the other one..."
    -Tosa

Senior Member Senior Member The Scourge's Avatar

I must have missed something.
    So IornLung is leaving as well.
    Well good luck to you mate.
    Btw.What's happened to Didz.Don't tell he's gone.
    Whats the world comming to.
    That's it.

what about me?
    In my sword; the wind, in my heart; courage, in my eyes; death...I am Minagawa

Poor IL I just got back from that hell hole and now you go in I feel sorry for you just remember everything that you were told by the recruiter was a lie on a brighter note you should get laid by at least 7-12 diffrent wemon while your gone

------------------
    Fear not the sword to your front, but the blade at your back.

"Cutting down the enemy is the Way of strategy, and there is no need for much clever refinement of it"

"To this day his memory is honoured and his courage, his shrewdness and his skill in battle are legend."

"No matter whether a person belongs to the upper or lower ranks
    If he has put his life on the line at least once
    He has no cause for shame"

"After a great fight between two mighty tigers, even a common dog may defeat the survivor"

Clan Shades
    Shades
    Clan Shades
    come by and give us a visit
    ShadeLord Shiba a member of clan shades

To: The Scourge (aka Finbar)

Fear not! I am still here lurking in the shadows.

Unfortunately, I am not able to devote as much time to this forum as I used to but I do pop in and check thorugh the threads as often as I can.

To be honest everyone has mellowed so much over the last few months that I haven't had any need to do anything but read.

And the one or two things needing attention have been sorted very efficiently by Rob.

My brother bought STW just before Xmas (couldn't wait for Santa) so I have been giving him strategy lessons apart from that I'm waiting for the Mongols to arrive.

Thanks for asking.
    Didz
    Fortis balore et armis