Thread: GUNS for RTW version

Aktacy Bei Member Eastside Character's Avatar

Question GUNS for RTW version

I've been lately wondering quite a bit if anyone , and I don't mean in team but at all, modded in any kids of rifles or artillery? The way I see the RTW version progressing, there are units being made, but I haven't yet seen a single shot from a firle or (better) some big cannon. Prehaps it is possible to make new models for projectile siege weaponry, and use big stones as cannot balls.
    Without artillery and other guns it aint Pike&Musket but ... Pike only? Any ideas on how can guns be modded in?

Regards
    EC

Default Re: GUNS for RTW version

Didn't the sengoku Jidai team manage to create a working unit of musketeers with the RTW engine?

The Lion Prince Member Sundjata Keita's Avatar

Once I have made some animations for the muskets I change the ammo to slingers ammo and then you have to reduce the size I think. Don't know about smoke effects though. I presume this can be done because there are smoke effects off the ground when troops move.

EB Token Radical Member QwertyMIDX's Avatar

Citadel seems to have gotten it working...
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...497#post718497
    History is for the future not the past. The dead don't read.

Operam et vitam do Europae Barbarorum.

History does not repeat itself. The historians repeat one another. - Max Beerbohm

Aktacy Bei Member Eastside Character's Avatar

Yeah, looks promising. Only there's too much smoke I think. I mean I know they could have some poor quality gunpowder, but those clouds on the screens seem just too much. Anyway its a good news that guns work fine.

I'm wondering about artillery tho; will the cannons be like balistas/onagers type of equipment, or what?

Regards
    EC

Nec Pluribus Impar Member SwordsMaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm wondering about artillery tho; will the cannons be like balistas/onagers type of equipment, or what?
    It doesnt seem like we have many alternatives...
    Managing perceptions goes hand in hand with managing expectations - Masamune

Pie is merely the power of the state intruding into the private lives of the working class. - Beirut

I think the ammount of smoke is ok, if you look at 17th century battle paintings there is a LOT of it.

Hey, GodsPetMonkey made the smoke much bigger than it will be in the game, because it looks better in screenshots. We probably can help you in this regard, espically as Renaissance and onwards mods aren't much good without guns.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg