Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Online History Resources

Default Re: 13th Century Ayyubid Horsemen

Sometime in the past couple of years, someone posted in the Monastery a link to an extremely detailed site on the subject of WW2 Lend-Lease to the Soviet Union.

I mean, ridiculously detailed and rich in info.

Unfortunately, after trawling through the first 5 pages of the Monastery I couldn't seem to find the post.

Any help?
    Vitiate Man.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Default Re: 13th Century Ayyubid Horsemen

Hi guys,

I hope I'm posting in the right place.

I'm very exited for the release of Rome II in a couple of weeks and decided to brush up a bit on the history of the era.

What I'm looking for essentially is a comparison between the regions and factions set during the campaign of the game and the current countries and nations these regions and factions roughly correspond to today.

I don't need a large volume of information regarding each faction, just a short description of what these factions are known as today ( Example: Gauls are today's Frenchmen and Gaul was what is now France (give or take).

Could someone point me to a website or a thread that would help me with my personal research?

Thank you!

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Default Re: The Portuguese Military Orders

Adding an online resource on the Medieval part - Byzantine Studies at Dumbarton Oaks.

The Dumbarton Oaks website has a couple of issues available for download that deal with a wide variety of Byzantine topics, available here - http://www.doaks.org/resources/publi...on-oaks-papers
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country.

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Default Re: The Portuguese Military Orders

Adding another source - Google has digitised significant books, and some are available to read online.

https://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/006734253 - Byzantine Empire by C.W.C. Oman.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910