Poll: Should we have Scotland as a Faction?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Should we have Scotland?

Default Should we have Scotland?

General opinion is divided over this issue. Ranika and I think we should have Scotland.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

a room with a hole in the side for air and food and a computer on the other side.

Default Re: Should we have Scotland?

No Ireland is the best choice imagine finally beating the english oppressors!(nah I'm just kidding) but Ireland would be the most fun to have I think.
    HELP CITADEL TOTAL WAR USE THE LINK BELOW

CITADEL TOTAL WAR: A modification for Rome Total War

Quote Originally Posted by Saranalos
    No Ireland is the best choice imagine finally beating the english oppressors!(nah I'm just kidding) but Ireland would be the most fun to have I think.
    I think that you'll enjoy it more if we decide to do Feudal. There, Ireland will have 5 provinces!

Edit: I mean Ireland the Island will have 5 provinces. Ireland the faction would have two of those.
    Last edited by Ignoramus; 03-02-2005 at 04:29.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

a room with a hole in the side for air and food and a computer on the other side.

Yes but think of this. If we have scotland and The English one of them is going to be wiped out at a very early stage when the AI are controlling them, most likely its always going to be scotland. But if we have the Irish then they dont have to attack the british because they dont share borders with them. And the Irish will have a chance and If you vote you should also post and say why Scotland because otherwise there is no popular opinion just statistics and statistics are most often wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Saranalos
    Yes but think of this. If we have scotland and The English one of them is going to be wiped out at a very early stage when the AI are controlling them, most likely its always going to be scotland. But if we have the Irish then they dont have to attack the british because they dont share borders with them. And the Irish will have a chance and If you vote you should also post and say why Scotland because otherwise there is no popular opinion just statistics and statistics are most often wrong.

This isnt always the case, especially if we put England and Scotland as allies to start with (Like the Roman Factions), at least that way we could portray a peaceful period.........and we must not forget that at the end of the day, its a game and we cant make it 100% realistic because overall the factions are controled by AI and statistics of which are often wrong.

dictator by the people Member caesar44's Avatar

Smile Re: Should we have Scotland?

way are you so sure that scotland will conq' england at all and if so why so fast ?
    "The essence of philosophy is to ask the eternal question that has no answer" (Aristotel) . "Yes !!!" (me) .

"Its time we stop worrying, and get angry you know? But not angry and pick up a gun, but angry and open our minds." (Tupac Amaru Shakur)

I'm sure that England will conquer scotland not Scotland conquer england

Vermonter and Seperatist Member Uesugi Kenshin's Avatar

It sounds like Scotland should have a decided disadvantage, but Thrace can become a major power in RTW.... The Seluecids can hold off the Egyptians for a long time while making a large empire, I do not trust RTW to behave in a reasonible manner when left to the AI. I am leaning towards Ireland for gameplay reasons, does anyone think we should use Ireland? (aka the majority)

If not we will put in Scotland and I will do my best to help with that, this is after all a mod for all of us.
    "A man's dying is more his survivor's affair than his own."
    C.S. Lewis

"So many people tiptoe through life, so carefully, to arrive, safely, at death."
    Jermaine Evans

Thrace become a major power? I never had in one of my games.

Yeah, I think it happened because I took down the Brutii, which allowed Macedon and Greece to beat each other up without bothering Thrace and then I went on a Barbarian killing spree after taking Greece and finishing both Greek and Macedonian intervention into Thracian matters. They then expanded into the rebel states near them and took a couple of provinces from Dacia. I was the SPQR by the way.
    C.S. Lewis

"So many people tiptoe through life, so carefully, to arrive, safely, at death."
    Jermaine Evans

Oh spqr... I dont like them its too buggy. And we should have only one thread to vote for Ireland or scotland otherwise its confusing maybe you can soft delete this one because it has too many options?

I think this thread has served a purpose and we can all just let it die...

I hate ties.
    C.S. Lewis

Jermaine Evans