Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to The Wheel of Time - Total War Forums

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

Default Welcome to The Wheel of Time - Total War Forums

Welcome to the WoT - TW mod forum.
    The Wheel of Time turns and Ages come and go, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth,
    and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth returns again. In the Third Age, an Age of
    Prophecy, the World and Time themselves hang in the balance. What was, what will be, and what is, may yet
    fall under the Shadow.

WoT - TW is an adaptation of the strategy game: "Rome - Totalwar", changing the subject of the game to the setting of the world of "The Wheel of Time", a series of books written by Robert Jordan.

As most of you will know, this mod was previously discussed in the Forge. This is our new sub-forum so please feel free to post your questions / suggestions / and support is always welcome.

Current Team members:
    Myrddraal
    Praetor
    CrownOfSwords
    Sephriel
    Orb
    NaeBlis
    Black_Draen
    TheDevil003
    Andreas

I will be updating this forum soon with individual threads for each aspect of the mod.

Last edited by Myrddraal; 03-05-2005 at 14:42.

Vermonter and Seperatist Member Uesugi Kenshin's Avatar

Default Re: Welcome to The Wheel of Time - Total War Forums

Hi, I am the team leader of Citadel: Total War and I would just like to congratulate you on getting a sub-forum in the hosted mods area. Good Luck on your mod!
    "A man's dying is more his survivor's affair than his own."
    C.S. Lewis

"So many people tiptoe through life, so carefully, to arrive, safely, at death."
    Jermaine Evans

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

Thanks Uesugi.

Thanks

I was quite surprised when I saw we had got our own forum - its really nice, I think I'll celebrate it with doing some balancing of the Battle-Test.
    Wheel of Time mod forum
    Wheel of Time mod website
    Member of the Wheel of Time mod

Myrdraal, please update the old website's Dev area. I just need to look at the other units to balance Andor properly. I don't know how weak or strong the other nations' units are. I have the Two Rivers units and the White Lions export_descr_unit entries done but I am not sure of what to do next.

Idea - White Lions = mercenaries or shadow. Andor's queens should not get them.

'My intelligence is not just insulted, it's looking for revenge with a gun and no mercy. ' - Frogbeastegg

SERA NIMIS VITA EST CRASTINA VIVE HODIE

The life of tomorrow is too late - live today!

Just another genius Member aw89's Avatar

Website is down, fix?

Son of a Star Member Bar Kochba's Avatar

these r based on the robert jordon books i read to book 8 and half way through i couldn't read it anymore it got soo boring and repetitive
    "It is not so much that we need to be taken out of exile. It is that the exile must be taken out of us."- Lubavitcher Rebbe

"Its a great mitzva to be happy always" Rebbe Nachman of Breslov

We want moshiach now!!

Quote Originally Posted by deathtoallhumans
    these r based on the robert jordon books i read to book 8 and half way through i couldn't read it anymore it got soo boring and repetitive
    Just skip the passages where he describes clothes (the worst part is in their world of dreams when dresses change all the time and he feels compelled to write a page about it...) and who's best at dealing with women between Rand Perrin and Mat, that's what I do
    Last edited by Ldvs; 05-25-2005 at 09:49.

Haha that's a good strategy, too bad I've already wasted half my life reading about Nynaeve 'smoothing out her dresses'

Alright, I've gotten bits and piecs, but there's something that yet escapes me,

Alright, so the game is set post-Shaido defeat at Caemlyn<I think>, but how long does the game last, and what's supposed to happen in it exactly?

Well, we will have two eras: PRe-rand, which will start some 100 years before the fall of Malkeir, and will include the nations as they were before senachan and all that, and the rand era which will start with the battle of cairhien and include senchan, shaido instead of aiel and people of the dragon for example, here we will have channeling units.
    The senate will be replaced with the Shadow, the roman houses with three trolloc tribes, and the goal for non-trollocs will be to defeat the darkone, and for trollocs to become nae'blis. And the game will last until you win, or lose, and it will be a campain as that in Rome, just a bit more interesting (provinces will have different value depending on you strategy and so on... all that can be read in the demo post.)
    Supporter and retired teammember of the Wheel of Time mod.

WoT fanatic Member 4th Dimension's Avatar

One question

Where do Seanchan start.
    Tarabon?
    Falme&Toman Head
    Those Sea People islands?

At Tremlaking. The rand-era starts at the year fo the battle of cairhien, which means after the first senchan assult and before the second.

Well as I remember they never invaded Telmarking.
    They redruped after Falme on those western islands in Aryth Ocean.

Either Aisle Dashar or Jafar if I remember correctly, but doesn't matter really. :)

Ah, yes of course it is Aisle Dahsar... my bad, they will start there... Capital named Cantorin, IIRC.

There's something I don't get, will 1 nation equal 1 province, or like will it be divided into several cities?

I.E. Andor: Caemlyn, Baerlon, Whitebridge, Four Kings, Two Rivers, and so on...
    Tear: Godan, Maredo<?>, Tear...

But, what about the nations that we don't have much info(city-wise) about like Illian and Arafel, and so on. Will y'all make up some, or limit the number of cities?

The game would crash with that few provinces, I think, and it would be very boring... We will have many provinces, names from a list that a Morrowind mod created, IIRC....

The game would crash with that few provinces, I think, and it would be very boring... We will have many provinces, names from a list that a Morrowind mod created, IIRC....
    Morrowind???

Yes, the RPG... they make one for oblivion... or made at the new year anyway, don't know now.

I just wanted to say hello. I came here from a posting I saw on wotmania.com. I loved Medieval Total War so I went out and bought Rome Total War today. It's great.

I have two questions. Did any of you have a problem with the game when you first loaded it. My mouse (only on the menu screens at the beginning of the loadup) leaves a trail everywhere. I don't know why. Once I get into the game this doesn't happen. If you had this problem please let me know if it is fixable or what you did to fix it if you can please.

Also, I am a programmer in real life and used to opening up mods and messing with them some, but I don't see a toolset for Rome Total War. How are you changing the things around?

cdaulepp

Yes I do know what Morrowind is.
    And I know Elder scrols IV Oblivion is beeing made and it will be great (tought judging by sreenshots it will burn my comp to ashes).

But I just do not see a conection or somolarity betwen Morovind names and WoT names.

Quote Originally Posted by cdaulepp
    I just wanted to say hello. I came here from a posting I saw on wotmania.com. I loved Medieval Total War so I went out and bought Rome Total War today. It's great.

I have two questions. Did any of you have a problem with the game when you first loaded it. My mouse (only on the menu screens at the beginning of the loadup) leaves a trail everywhere. I don't know why. Once I get into the game this doesn't happen. If you had this problem please let me know if it is fixable or what you did to fix it if you can please.

Also, I am a programmer in real life and used to opening up mods and messing with them some, but I don't see a toolset for Rome Total War. How are you changing the things around?

cdaulepp
    Hmm... not quite sure about the mouse issue, there is a 1.2 patch available... I'll see if I can find something on that problem...

There have been a number of user created tools to assist in modding the game. Creative Assembly has stated that these tools are just as good as anything they could give us without spending excessive time and money on making their tools accessible. Some were of course upset by this, but the bottom line is we have the stuff we need to now. There are several help threads around, and if you'd like to help I'm sure one of the more senior team members will be happy to show you the ropes. :) Thnx for coming.
    Drink water.

Well, to do basic textediting (my area of this mod), you just need a txt editor(I prefer context).

I figured out what was happening with my mouse. I went to the Activision support website and apparently some people have to uninstall and then reinstall Windows Media Player 10 to correct the problem I had. I did the reinstall and everything is working properly now.

cdaulepp

Where do you sit at now? I'm curious and I'd like to see what you guys have so far.

cdaulepp

Hmmm hmm you mean how far in progress we are? For the demo, or full mod? The demo is very well in reach, and the full mod I won't even comment:P

For the full mod is what I meant. If you are needing help, please let me know how/what you need done and I will do it.

cdaulepp

What we really need is models... If you can do that, it would be greatly app....

I have not modeled in Rome: Total War. Tell me how and I will do it.

cdaulepp

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast