Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Screenshots

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

Default Re: Screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkhal
    I can't say I am convinced that the Darkfriends, when fighting on the battlefield would not carry some sort of mark or symbols.

But most people seems to like the more normal or ragged poor people look, so I give in
    Well remember what happens to the people following Fain, even though hes not technically a darkfriend, they are, and as they get taken away from their ordinary lives, under the threat of being food for the trollocs, eventually they end up ragged....

well I can't say Ive read anything in the books about dark friends and trollocs fighting together in an all out war against the light, but if I find it I'll mention how they're described...

It's described when the villagers in the Two river valley wants to drive Moiraine from the inn, she talks to them about their ancestors in (whatever that city's name was). In the final battle she talks about the trollocks AND their human allies that marched against the defenders.

When Rand is bringing his aiel warriors after Shaido when they invaded Cairhien. I don't remember when, but they are very close to crossing the mountains when they are attacked by trollocks, and darfriends from Cairhien. And it's not the battle when they send some of those flying things (whose name I always forget) to kill Rand, it's after that.

I can remember those parts somewhat but not the descriptions that went along with them... if they described the appearance of the darkfriends maybe you could quote that to help everyone out here?

I have only read the Swedish translation and I only own one book, the rest I borrow from the library.

So I frankly can't make a quote right now, or anyday before Tusday at the earliest .This because the library is closed during ester

It's probably the 1st book then... I'm working on the 10th book now but I'll check out to see if there is a description of the dark friend armies... but I think all it says is that they were there, not their battle attire

Seriously guys, don't you have a stack of books at your computer?

Anyway, from the battle in the Stone:
    "Not only did they fight Trollocs and Myrddraals. Men fougth men; there were Darkfriends siding the Shadowspawn, roughly dressed fellows who looked like former soldiers and tavern brawlers. They seamed as fearful of the Trollocs as the Tairen did, but they killed as indiscriminately, where they could"
    You see, no makrs, barley more then thugs. The descritpion we have from Mat from the battle in the Jangai Pass is in the same lines. No armor, special clothes or anything. Can we settle this matter now, then
    Supporter and retired teammember of the Wheel of Time mod.

Gentis Daciae Member Cronos Impera's Avatar

Great work ! Is it possible to give Darkfriend riders a warcry as a special ability. A cav. unit with good morale and different hair-styles, just like as the Naked Fanatics Unit in RTW, only a fraction darker
    " If you don't want me, I want you! Alexandru Lapusneanul"
    "They are a stupid mob, but neverless they are a mob! Alexandru Lapusneanul"

Ok, if the books say, then that's how it should be done. and the matter is now settled.

But the reson that I was suggesting that the Darkfriends would have some sort of symbols or special clothes was also to avoid unites looking the same.

If the Darkfriends look like beggers, the peasent will probably look quite like it. And if we include Masema and his followers then we might end up with alot of unites that look pretty much the same.

But I am sure that we can come up with some sort of idea to handle it as well.

They are about the same thing, but for example the normal peasants do not have shields, and maybe we will arm them differently and so on. If the units() look the same, it is because they are described in similar ways in the books.
    Last edited by Andreas; 03-26-2005 at 10:25.

They will of course have banners.

I've seen some growing interest in this mod. People have posted for the first time who I didn't know supported us. This is great, your support is always welcome as it gives us a purpose. But if you want to see this mod accomplish its potential, then we need some help here. My modelling abilities aren't great, my work is done mainly through the skins. You don't need to commit yourself to the mod, but if you have some free time, just consider doing one model or even two. You'll get the privilege of having the unit as you imagined it . Please....

And if any of you know of anyone, see if you can woo them to the cause.

Hmm, I think I have told you before but I have got 3ds max now, but i will have to train a bit befire beeing able to do anything useful... But still, it's better then nothing:) The first thing I will do is OP though...

And I think ur models are great.
    Last edited by Andreas; 03-27-2005 at 01:27.

Just about the darkfriend carrying marks - their officers have the Clan-sign on their armour. Bad thing is that I didn't catch them on the screenshot.

Your the best modeller we've got Myrddraal, and your Shienarans look really good
    Last edited by Black_Draen; 03-27-2005 at 21:35.
    Wheel of Time mod forum
    Wheel of Time mod website
    Member of the Wheel of Time mod

I'm not happy with the Shienarans, so I'm going to rework them...

I will give them a more destinctive helmet, less pointy with a crown-like ridge across the top. I will also give them proper gauntlets and make them more heavily armoured. Untill then, I've taken down the existing screens of the Shienarans....

You've waited long enough

I'll thow you a bone: Tairen Defenders of the Stone

Mmmmmm, nice work

What made you change the old one you had in the dev section? I like somethings on that one better, the striped sleeves look better and the breastplate which only needed alittle work. The shoulder armor looks better on the old one also..

You think so?

Hm, I'll play around with it some more

I think it looks superb.

Keep up the good work boys.

Yes, I agree... also, shouldn't they have puffed arms?

One of the Undutchables Member The Stranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkhal
    I think it looks superb.

Keep up the good work boys.
    i think it died

We do not sow.

No, we are still working... actually alot of things is going on right now, but i do not know if i have permission to tell you... You probably will find out soon enough:)

This mod is not dead, but we are keeping most of our work back. I know you want screens to gobble, but were going to release a demo soon... Maybe I'll show you a pic also

I've been extremely excited about this mod since day one but I haven't really posted anything. I am glad to see it is not dead since I had a great fear that this mod would die. Keep up the great work and I can't wait to try it.

Out of curiosity what do you have planned for the demo? I few historical battles and custom battles? Or an early version of the SP campaign?

Otto - They call them fingers, but I've never seen them fing...Oh there they go
    Cool Site

Check out the demo-thread - I believe Myrddraal will answer most of your questions in his post
    Wheel of Time mod forum
    Wheel of Time mod website
    Member of the Wheel of Time mod

Well this looks like some pretty good skinners and modellers are t work lpol! Cant wait to try this demo out.

WoT fanatic Member 4th Dimension's Avatar

My only problem with that Tairen is that they are dark skined like mediteranian people but not black. They are suposed to look like Spainards.

Hes not black...

That model is slightly out of date, Tairen units will look more spanish don't worry.

German Enthusiast Member Alexanderofmacedon's Avatar

Of all of those I saw two of them...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast