Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clans history

I decided to make a clans history page, it will be like an history timelinetable

for that i need some info of all major clans like

MONTH NUMBEROFMOSTACTIVEPLAYERS

do this per month, fictive example

june 2
    july 8
    august 10
    septembre 6
    octobre 4

and so on

if relevant start in 2000 when first shogun is released

i will make the page in teh .org style so a direct link can be made towards it

as dominant as my Khan is he will look after the info u provide, so dont sent in too much clanmembers just for show since he will correct it. Furthermore he will provide it with a strenght and activity mark.

I think the littleiest of clans will be grouped into one... also teh clans with just a 1 month lifspan will be skipped. I am for the major clans that made the online community.

Furthermore i like to have a little picture that represents your clan. i will use the littlepic (perhaps 30*30 or 50*50 pixels max) in teh timetable.

All suggestions are welcome....

So sent in teh info......
    quote:I gallop messages around, dont track me I can bring war as well

RageMonsta

Heres a little list of some who spring to mind....maybe it will help motivate some of the members to add something or maybe ex members to add info-

Old Skool Clans and who to possibly see for info-

RAGE (monsta)
    CHAOS (attending)
    LINKS (octavian)
    KENCHI (satake/magy, you even)
    FEARFULWAYS (elmo/jst)
    NOFEAR (tera)
    DEMON KHANS (demon/monsta/soul)
    RONIN ALLIANCE

New Skool (but also maybe quite old now plus people maybe to ask)

DREAD MASTERS (boromir/polar/ice)
    TORI AKU (tera/mad)
    LROSSA (cili)
    KENCHI (the return!)
    RUSTY/SPACE COWBOYS (frog)
    GREY WOLVES (you/koc)
    TIGERS (attending/oct)
    EURO (san/sp00n)
    IKE (errrm)
    CELTI (skull)
    ELITE (homer)
    WARLORDS (razor)
    SHADES

also AMATSU'S old clan..the elements...sorry forgot the name.

I bet i have forgot some...just a list I put together quickly....hope others can add...as an interested person in the aspects of our history here at STW I am willing to help in any way i can.....sorry again if this list missed you...heres some extras......

Hattori
    Danes
    Generals
    Shingi

most I have mentioned have people who are or who were part of the clans that are still available for comment to the best of my knowledge.

Ikebana is leaded by Docmatte and Korgull, first off.

There are also the Space Cowboys (old school) = Matter/Frog
    Now Rusty Cowboys (new school) = Frog/Comet/Cadet/Uni

Kenchi are the oldest clan still in existence, I bet, started in Summer 2000..dunno exactly the month. Also NoFear was started by Nebu at first, then leaded its new peak by me...until the end of its time...

------------------
    Honour to Clan Kenchikuka.

Visit my resource centre here!
    Evil is within us...

[This message has been edited by Terazawa Tokugawa (edited 12-27-2001).]

nice work monsta, at least it will give me an impresiion how much players/clan will be represented by 10 pixels wide....

hmmm i wondfer if people are really interested, lets see if more is responded to this.

Another old school would be my old clan "Darkside". It had 15 members.
    If you need anything help with the site just post somethign here!

------------------
    Don't use only honour, use theforce, too. http://lod.nipogames.com/default.html

[This message has been edited by theforce (edited 12-28-2001).]
    I cannot return l presume so l will keep my name among those who are dead by bows!
    http://www.dedicatedgaming.com/~angelsofdarkness

Senior Member Senior Member LordTed's Avatar

Very important date: 31st October 2000

LordTed plays mp for first time.

[This message has been edited by LordTed (edited 12-28-2001).]

Senior Member Senior Member LordTed's Avatar

Making a clan history seems a good idea.

I will provide any info required as I think its a good idea.

Boromir...

Senior Member Senior Member Obake's Avatar

Other "old school" Clans (pre-Monsta apparantly )

Towashima - The First Shogun Clan
    Blood Ronin - Progenitor of FEAR
    Kyudo - Was an outstanding website
    Red Samurai Guild - Zen Blade is the last (anyone remember Avenging Warrior?)
    Sohei

As to the Ronin Alliance, they were started by myself and Leo in the fall of '00. RA was the first "non-Clan" that allowed members of the community to have a group of people they could play with, without having to adhere to any type of a Clan structure. In fact, each member would register their "RA" name under their own original Clan name. At its height, I believe there were roughly 20+ members including myself, Leo, BlackShip, Bong, Critter, Rob Hojo and many others.

The descendants of the RA are the Ronin Warlords.

------------------
    Obake

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
    Obake

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

All dead clans though Ob now.
    RSG was cool.

Tera

------------------

Visit my resource centre here!
    Evil is within us...

ok guys but without dates the Khans historians can only guess...

...mmmhhhh.....Links=The Chain Clan (Octavian/Mickesan) a sad story

and LRossa's daimyo/founder is LRossaWolf and not LRossaCiliegio

best to talk to warlordlegend for warlord clan. . and oh i saw generals there aswell. . if u didn't know warlords are ALL ex general clan members with only 1 exception. .

------------------
    Sarcasm . . . . . Never!

WarlordWarrior
    GARCIN: I "dreamt," you say. It was no dream. When I chose the hardest path, I made my choice deliberately. A man is what he wills himself to be.
    INEZ: Prove it. Prove it was no dream. It's what one does, and nothing else, that shows the stuff one's made of.
    GARCIN: I died too soon. I wasn't allowed time to - to do my deeds.
    INEZ: One always dies too soon - or too late. And yet one's whole life is complete at that moment, with a line drawn neatly under it, ready for the summing up. You are - your life, and nothing else.

Jean Paul Sartre - No Exit 1944

Senior Member Senior Member Rath's Avatar

You can't forget the infamous Blade Clan

NoFear was started December 2000 by Nebu.
    It developed into the new No Fear (old nofear + Fury clan) then to Aku.

Tera

------------------
    Evil is within us...
    Visit my resource site here!

Toda Nebuchadnezzar

Actually Tera, it was October 2000. Got the game for my birthday then and started the clan small with me madhatter and aijin. Hope this helps.

P.S. Tera whn are the servers up? I wanna play (lose) MI online.

October 2000....Ok
    I joined in December if im not mistaken

------------------
    Evil is within us...

Toda Nebuchadnezzar

yeah u did join in december i think.

Senior Member Senior Member Vanya's Avatar

Quote Originally posted by Toda Nebuchadnezzar:
    yeah u did join in december i think. [/QUOTE]

GAH! Chain Clan and Twin Tigers histories are at their sites... I think...

[Sips sake, eats popcorn]

Toda Nebuchadnezzar

Soz Vanya but as I hope im not mistaken NoFear split up so the website no longer runs. Also our website manager left so i gave that nice little job to Tera.

P.S. so as you can guess we went downhill from there... Only jokin tera m8!

------------------
    Grand Master of
    The Knights Templar
    "non nobis Domine non nobis sed Nomine tuo da gloriam"

RageMonsta

Rage started about a month before NoFear..I remember thinking what a poor name NoFear was (no offence before I get some screaming maltese bloke in here ..hehehe).....with it being quite closely related to Fearful Ways..and if I am correct they had a little beef about it....oh yes and it is also a brand name....but no reflection on the later members....who are solid shoggy folk..

Darkside..well they had a nice web site...apart from that....ummmm.

Demons...when?...damn....ask James...although I think Demons have always been around in some way.....and for those who dont know....Demons were MAJOR figures in shogun at one time.

Magy I think it would be best to stick to the major clans at first and then work from there....or maybe take some of the early clans and see how they branched out to become others....

Kenchi....how many from the original are still active as Kenchi?...interesting debate.....suppose I could keep rage alive for another ten years and then claim Rage are very old.....but not actually be here....would like to know..and I am sure I will be told.....by the forum police....still..we should really consider Fearful as the oldest....after THE CIRCLE anyway.

I like this idea...and will help if I can....send any info to monstadog@hotmail.com and I will pass it on to mags....maybe even follow up some of the info to save the Khan anymore of a work load....damn I got time...kinda..now I havent been able to stay in a game for a month...DDDDDDDRRRRRROOOOOP

p.s.. tera you know I am blunt....in many ways I dont give a damn.. offence isnt my intent..but your love for Kenchi is kinda scary....are you like this with women?....you know....love struck in every relationship?...dunno..about everybody else but it takes me a while to lose my feelings for the last one....or is the sex that good?!?!?!....hard for me to judge you see as i have never done the clan switch before...then again your a busy guy and have no time for Shogun these days..so I doubt you have had time to judge the Kenchi clan or post about how good it is or....take an active part in the campaign.etc..etc...Hail AKU!

Senior Member Senior Member NinjaKilla's Avatar

Monsta, he just knows a good thing when he sees it.

------------------
    Clan Kenchikuka

Ah yes Monsta, I am used to your weird humour now

The name Kenchikuka never faded away...and some of the original members are there...Satake...me...not to go into the secrets of some other Kenchi members...that neither THE CIRCLE knows about...MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAA...

I will quote you:
    p.s.. tera you know I am blunt....in many ways I dont give a damn..[/QUOTE]

Exactly, that's why I don't give a damn about your opinion.

Tera

p.s.
    I'm learning the ways of mind manipulating, eh Master Monsta?

------------------
    I'm from Malta, but I'm not a Malteser.

Toda Nebuchadnezzar

Its true NoFear was probably a poor choice for a name but that doesn't destroy the fact that in December 2000 we had the biggest clan in terms of active members. I think we massed a record 17 at one time!!! But it did startto go downhill from there I left because of exams and so on. Aijin took over (tera do you remember him?) and that was possibly te lowest point for he clan. He left and Tera held the flag.He used some amazing diplomacy to merge/conquer Fury and bring them under the new NoFear. Then I think that went from strength - downfall and Torii Aku were the new NoFear.

At least thats what i remember/was told.

------------------
    Grand Master of
    The Knights Templar

RageMonsta

Damn...ya got me....Tera not taking bait now...Monsta must change bait....then again...Tera is not to be baited now he has relaxed...nice one Tera... 8) .

I was thinking about the 'break' that Kenchi had.....as with Rage now....kinda non active....Kenchi did have long rest...but Kenchi still got the nicest web site.

Maybe time to review the hall of fame again...kinda like ....STW Oscars....as Elmo took my place last time by about 500 votes....all of which I gave him...he told me to click the name I think should not win....so I clicked Elmo alot....you can imagine my surprise when I came in second!

As we have stars/skulls here....maybe Monsta (while unable to play) will make a web site just to give out medals for different things...

COMP WINS
    BATTLES FOUGHT
    HONOURABLE PLAY
    BEST WEB SITE
    OUTSIDE PLAY CONTRIBUTIONS
    OLD AGE (Elmo)
    etc etc etc...

I feel a tourney coming on....2v2 I think....hmmm yes I feel it now...knock out comp....gimme a shout if interested or want to help.

i have tried to stay out of this open discussion because most of the history of the clans is shrouded in mystery and confusion..but i would like to clear up a few things said about fear..now just to be honest... fear is not the oldest active clan... we are close but kenchi was around first...and there was always a few kenchi around even in their slow days, they have never been dead. Ronin Alaince is still here and they started at the same time or slightly before as well.
    Now the title of most active clan at any one time is a tough one as well as hard to prove. i can positivly say that 17 active memebrs doesnt qualifly as #1. Fear at one time that i can remember had over 30 active members and more like 40+... not to mention the 100 or so registered names. but are we talking about most members online at any one time? i have seen 16 fears at once.... we played two 4v4's one night when i was a very new member and i been told there has been more.
    as far as the dispute between fear and nofear. from what i know the problem started between two members from the oppisite clans and spread. supposedly a certin clan member hacked anothers computer and gave him a nasty virus...but i think this was later proved unlikly... all of it can still be found in the old fear ezboard forum if you know where it is. none of it was from the likeness of the two clan names. me and all my clanmates always thought there was a big enough difference as not to cause any problems.

i like the idea of a clan history book but i also have my reservations. as with all history books the information is only as accurate as its sources. since this endevor is revelent to all shogun players, past and present, maybe ea would be willing to allow access to some of their registration records in order to mark dates of birth for clans and reconigsed players in order to create an accurate timeline. imagine if you will a spot on the line with ElMarko and a link to a player profile of sorts with a few good jokes. add that to about 100 or so other livly personalities and this would create an atmosphere where new players would feel at home (

Toda Nebuchadnezzar

I never understood wat non-fear/nofear members were talking bout when they said we hated each other. There was one incident and that was it. It got bown into unbelievable proportion because our names were similar. I will say I had no idea about the Fearful Ways name when I made No Fear it was coincidence.

But thats not why we are here.

Also when I said 17 active members i meant online at one time. We were in a closed chat at roughly 10pm on a Saturday night in December. I remember because I recorded it as the biggest clan gathering in its history.
    Also capefear I don't know when you joined Fear but when we claimed the largest clan there was a big debate about it for ages. But i left the community before they decided the outcome. Just to clear the air lol

------------------
    Grand Master of
    The Knights Templar

hmm.....sounds good
    What is it that makes a complete stranger dive into an icy river to save a solid gold baby? Maybe we'll never know.

Well someone start making it and contacting it's daimyo's for more info. Also RageMonsta it seems that you haven't met us in the battlefield mate :P
    Well we are now LOD members you can try our fighting skills in MI...hehe. About the site damn Bizland started asking for $

------------------
    Don't use only honour, use theforce, too.
    http://lod.nipogames.com/default.html
    I cannot return l presume so l will keep my name among those who are dead by bows!
    http://www.dedicatedgaming.com/~angelsofdarkness

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast