Thread: First evening back

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    RageMonsta

Well being back and able to play...I was looking forward to having a few games..had a couple of nice battles with clan m8s and a few friends...but alas....I only have one word for the 'new breed' of players....

PEASANTS.

the goldfish Senior Member tootee's Avatar

u mean superAshi?

------------------
    tootee the goldfish,
    headmaster of Shogun-Academy
    ------------------
    tootee the goldfish,
    loyal roach of Clan S.G.

Senior Member Senior Member Rath's Avatar

Monsta u get my email m8 ?

In the history, the first pacificator of japan was an ashgaru at the beginning !!!
    Don't forget it !!

Quote Originally posted by RageMonsta:
    Well being back and able to play...I was looking forward to having a few games..had a couple of nice battles with clan m8s and a few friends...but alas....I only have one word for the 'new breed' of players....

PEASANTS.
    [/QUOTE]

Necros imperator.
    Vae Victis !

RageMonsta

nope m8... try this addy

ragemonsta@hotmail.com

Toda Nebuchadnezzar

Quote Originally posted by Eurinys:
    In the history, the first pacificator of japan was an ashgaru at the beginning !!!
    Don't forget it !!
    [/QUOTE]

Um sorry to burst your bubble mate, but Oda Nobunaga was not a peasant. He is officiallythe first unifier of the three and he came from a noble family.

The second unifier was Toyotomi Hideyoshi who was his his shoe shiner boy. He was the peasant.

------------------
    He is the Messiah
    No i'm not the Messiah
    Only the true Messiah would deny it.
    Alright then I am the Messiah.
    HE IS THE MESSIAH HOORAY!!!

RageMonsta

still full of noodles....kill em all I say

Yep, nice to see you last night Monsta. It was also my first shoggy game for 4 months....that my excuse for being so bad I will try to get on a bit more now and check out all the new players myself.Its quite disconcerting to see hardly any familiar names after a 4 month absence...where has everyone gone?

Wraith
    Proud Member of ClanShades

Senior Member Senior Member Obake's Avatar

Mosta's description of the "new breed" of players pretty much sums up where everyone has gone Wraith.

Many of us have spent 2 years training players on how to truly enjoy the game without being munchy in their army selections. I know that for myself, I just got a bit tired of it.

Even with all of the work that we put into the 1.02 patch, the beta group ran out of time and didn't get to fully test what we had done. As good as that patch is, guns are STILL too strong and it takes away from my enjoyment of the game.

Belatedly, I'd like to see their ammo reduced by a minimum of 50%, perhaps even 75%. That change alone would make the game worth playing again, as the rest of the work done on guns by the 1.02 group, and Yuuki/Puzz3d in particular is outstanding. Unfortunately, nothing like that will happen officially as CA moves closer to the release of Medieval.

Maybe a community-wide push to adopt a modified troopstats.txt file would bring many of the old-timers back. Hard to say though.

Just a thought.

------------------
    Obake

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
    Obake

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Right Obake, and, if guns are cheap in MTW and modelled the same way as in WE/MI, I can tell you right now what the dominate weapon online will be. At this time in WE/MI, you can take down 4 to 5 men with a 20 gun volley at max range, and fire a volley every 7 seconds. In 84 seconds you eliminate the target unit, and you have only used 20% of your ammo. At that rate, 5 musk units give you the power to decimate 25 enemy units on the flat open maps.

It's a difficult thing to balance because guns are better than other weapons, and that's historically correct. It's the nature of the weapon. You can play around with those gun stats a lot, but I think the guns simply need to be more expensive. That was something we could not change in the beta testing. There will be an alternate stat made available for those who would like to have a different standard for online play. This stat can evolve with player feedback, but may have to be used in conjunction with rules because you can't completely fix the cost and upgrade issues by changing stats.

There is still a good group of players who come online after about 9 PM eastern US time. UglyStrike has shown up the last two nights for a game or two. After about 12:00 midnight the number of players starts to dwindle, and soon after you can't get more than a single multi game going if that. It's interesting that weekend nights are not that big anymore. It seems people have other things to do, and the time you have to invest, with the drops and all, to get in a few games is just incredible.

MizuYuuki ~~~

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

Toda Nebuchadnezzar

The problem is many people will not pick up the new troopstats.txt and so people will be able to play others less and less, because thier stats are not the same. But hopefully, we will be able to make it so that most players will.

Oh and for Tera, he claims Ashi are invincible so maybe sumhow adapt their stats also?

------------------
    He is the Messiah
    No i'm not the Messiah
    Only the true Messiah would deny it.
    Alright then I am the Messiah.
    HE IS THE MESSIAH HOORAY!!!

Yes Nebu. That's the problem with an alternate stat, and it won't work in comp games. Simply using a few rules like max honor of 5 and max guns of 2 does get rid of two major problems in the current online game. A lot of players do use max of 4 units of the same type, and that stops massive gun heavy armies. Yesterday I played two 3v3 games with a max honor of 5 and max of 4 units of on type. There was no trouble filling up the game, and no complaints afterwards.

If an alternate stat provides a substantial improvement over what we have now, it could result in players arranging to meet at a certain time to play games with that stat. I wouldn't expect it to get used much beyond that.

MizuYuuki ~~~

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2