Thread: Romans, Globals, the story...

Hello there...

Roman clan ey? Didnt do very well. At the start everything seemed to be good, but in sun comes darkness. Romans were getting bad reputations and got into fights with many good and respected clan (Aggonys, Wolves, Tenkis). I didnt really know why, but there also were a rumer about us cheating. Came from somebody. I think that we brought some new cheaters. **** prehaps, he used koku cheat just to give against the romans. Well anyway. We got quite tired of Rickys (Legion), attitude. Got us in fights, wars and very bad reputation. So we gave him an ultimatum (maybe not very nice but otherwise it would end up all leaving the roman). We told him we wanted a new leader or we shall leave the clan. He didnt take it very well and claimed the romans dead. So now we starting a new clan, Global Warriors. The old RomanBombas took the lead (GlobalMetldown). We are the same, without legion and + with 2 new members from Aku.

[This message has been edited by Rath (edited 03-30-2002).]
    Acclaim!

-GlobalCrills

Also!
    Please visit our new site at http://www.global-warriors.cjb.net
    Acclaim!

-GlobalCrills

Hey Crills

Let me tell you what was the main problem with Romans. They were quite all honour hunters at any cost. They gave the impression of not giving a thing about honourable attitudes, behavior and armies - they exploited every game crack to gain what they wanted. This was one of the bad effects of the honour next to name, as it is a "virtual" honour since a 170 guy can be slaughtered by a 100 one - everyone can create as many names as he wants anyway. And result of Romans' vicious honour seeking: "you are cheaters".

In my opinion, kicking Legion out had its good and bad. The bad is that he was the creator of your clan, not really nice to do that. But the good of your ultimatum is that he is a very small child, immature and can't lead a clan - so IMO you did well to tell him to step down or else you would leave or create a new clan.

Now, m8, good luck with Global.
    The link is on the mainpage already...however please try to gain honour and respect by playing honourably and with fair and honourable armies. Last day I was playing one of my ex-clanmates, now Global, who wasn't too nice with his words and neither with his army, but I am sure you will work on that, and good luck.

Tera.

------------------
    Proud member of Clan Kenchikuka.
    evil is within us...

[This message has been edited by Terazawa Tokugawa (edited 03-29-2002).]

and there is always the danger the fools will try to join with hidden names again, so make sure u have a good procedure to keep them out....

maybe consult our GWIS (Grey Wolf Intelligence Service) before you enlist a member....
    quote:I gallop messages around, dont track me I can bring war as well

Yeah we will try getting more honor ("Honor" not points). I got trust in our leader and our allies. And sure magy, ill ask GWIS if i need to know anything... )

We will work on it...
    Acclaim!

-GlobalCrills

GlobalCrills,

A lesson well learned I hope. The Takiyama clan grew out of a similar experience. Get to know potential members before they are admitted to your new clan. Once a clan gets a bad rep, it's death for the clan. The other clans won't play you.

Placing a high value on that honor number doesn't really make sense since, not only is the rating system flawed, but the game itself has a host of flaws and bugs that make it unfair. You only get a fair game when you play people that are trying to make it fair. It's interesting that the visble honor rating next to each name was a community requested feature.

Improving your game skill, and then improving your coop skill and cameraderie with clanmates and friends is where the enjoyment of the game is found. Ultimately, the wins will flow from that, and you are then able to enjoy the gaming experience on multiple levels.

Good luck and cya on the battlefield,

MizuYuuki ~~~
    Clan Takiyama ~~~

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

Thanx Yuuki, it was well needed...
    Acclaim!

-GlobalCrills

Senior Member Senior Member Rath's Avatar

I pretty much agree with whats been said above...and i just want to wish you luck with the new clan, which you seem to be heading in the direction with.

btw my edit was coz u named an alleged cheater.

Senior Member Senior Member Vanya's Avatar

GAH! Double-GAH! GWIS?!? I wonder WTF this says about me?!?

[Sips sake, eats popcorn]

the goldfish Senior Member tootee's Avatar

Playing as ronin give me the best gameplay experience.

------------------
    tootee the goldfish,
    headmaster of Shogun-Academy
    ------------------
    tootee the goldfish,
    loyal roach of Clan S.G.

Toda Nebuchadnezzar

I wonder if GWIS knows all the names I played under??? A challenge... see if you can.

------------------
    He is the Messiah
    No i'm not the Messiah
    Only the true Messiah would deny it.
    Alright then I am the Messiah.
    HE IS THE MESSIAH HOORAY!!!

Playing as ronin is fine also, and relieves you of any obligation to team up with clan members if they are online. I wouldn't say clan membership is for everyone, but I have been able to develop my team play to a higher level than if I was ronin.

MizuYuuki ~~~

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

Senior Member Senior Member Vanya's Avatar

Quote Originally posted by Puzz3D:
    ...I have been able to develop my team play to a higher level than if I was ronin....[/QUOTE]

Ordinarily this is true. However, the odds of getting 'quality' allies all the time is nil. And if you wait around for your 'buddies' all the time you will 1. never play, and 2. only play the same old people every single time... which gets boring after a couple of thousand games.

All the skill in the world will not help you if your allies fight like sissies or attack you! You can 'narrow the gap' in a way, but outright victory? No way, Jose!

Clan life for me proved elusive, for I was online when all my clanmates were sleeping and viceversa. GAH!

Not to mention newbies who join to see 4 fellas with 'Elite' or whatever in their name will realize they are a gang and will be less willing to join up. And even moderate vets, especially when the prospect of solid allies is nil will balk in the absence of reliable allies.

"Gee, I can join and fight a good battle, but with 'Dufus' and 'Nincompoop' as my allies its a guaranteed loss. Gah! I'll try a 16 ninja army for fun then..."
    -- A wise man eating Ramen Noodles in the foyer

[This message has been edited by Vanya (edited 04-02-2002).]
    [Sips sake, eats popcorn]

Hey we are the Legions :P

------------------
    Don't use only honour, use theforce, too.
    I cannot return l presume so l will keep my name among those who are dead by bows!
    http://www.dedicatedgaming.com/~angelsofdarkness