Thread: Demo: The Invasion of Malta 1565

Default Demo: The Invasion of Malta 1565

I asked Uesugi about us creating a short demo to get more modders and to allow us to enjoy some of God'sPetMonkey's and two roses work. It will be on the Turkish invasion of Malta in 1565. This will compensate for the Knight's of St. John being left out of the Mod. We have almost all the Turkish units. We only need a few more European infantry units and European arquebusiers and some canon. I will pm Eastside about making the mini-campaign map, he may be willing to do more with the actual mod itself, because they would like to use our gunpowder infantry in their Mod. Their will be three factions: The Knight's of St. John, the Turks, and the Viceroyalty of Sicily. I'm sure we can organize something.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

Default Re: Demo: The Invasion of Malta 1565

Note: It will now be a series of battles.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

Crusading historian Member cegorach's Avatar

I agree and I think that EC will agree 2.

Aktacy Bei Member Eastside Character's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ignoramus
    I asked Uesugi about us creating a short demo to get more modders and to allow us to enjoy some of God'sPetMonkey's and two roses work. It will be on the Turkish invasion of Malta in 1565. This will compensate for the Knight's of St. John being left out of the Mod. We have almost all the Turkish units. We only need a few more European infantry units and European arquebusiers and some canon. I will pm Eastside about making the mini-campaign map, he may be willing to do more with the actual mod itself, because they would like to use our gunpowder infantry in their Mod. Their will be three factions: The Knight's of St. John, the Turks, and the Viceroyalty of Sicily. I'm sure we can organize something.
    To have a campaign you have to have Senate faction in it, not only Turks and Knights.

The fact you have to have Pope, means map would have to cover territory from Malta to Rome at least.

Regards
    EC
    Last edited by Eastside Character; 03-24-2005 at 22:02.

Vermonter and Seperatist Member Uesugi Kenshin's Avatar

I think we had decided to make it a series of historical battles instead. This was because:
    No SPQR faction
    No interface yet
    No buildings yet
    Not enough units doen for all the sides (including Pope)
    Historical battles would be quicker to put together, hopefully
    "A man's dying is more his survivor's affair than his own."
    C.S. Lewis

"So many people tiptoe through life, so carefully, to arrive, safely, at death."
    Jermaine Evans

Aktacy Bei Member Eastside Character's Avatar

Good decision. When do you think will it be available?

Regards
    EC

Don't know yet, I'm organizing it. We just need a few canon models, fixing up the battle maps and a few other things. It shouldn't take more than 2 or 3 months or so.

Note; Senglea is the proper spelling.

a room with a hole in the side for air and food and a computer on the other side.

Is this all you want in this thread?
    HELP CITADEL TOTAL WAR USE THE LINK BELOW

CITADEL TOTAL WAR: A modification for Rome Total War

Yes, although what I really wanted was it to be posted in the RTW Heavengames thread Malta Demo, but thanks all the same!

a room with a hole in the side for air and food and a computer on the other side.

Okay, I'll post it there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Saranalos
    Okay, I'll post it there too.
    Cool!

Tis done in both Citadel Related threads in RTWH

This clud be the picture for the historical battle selection screen, it is a period painting showing knights of st john and turks. Is it a bit blown up however.

When was that painted, it looks medieval style so I am guessing around the time of the Ren. We could probably use it if ti was around 1350-1550 or so. I always like looking at old pictures of battle.
    C.S. Lewis

"So many people tiptoe through life, so carefully, to arrive, safely, at death."
    Jermaine Evans

It is an engagements between the Knights and Turks outside Rhodes - Caoursin 1480.

Sounds good then. IMO we should use it.
    C.S. Lewis

Jermaine Evans

Sounds good to me.....I just got me the new photoshop CS swuite so if you guys want any images clearing up or de-pixelated then just ask.

Tom.

hello
    i do not know any of you, but i was intrigued to find someone is making some sort of demo about the hospitaller knights.

the picture is by caoursin, 1496, and depicts a skirmish by the knights outside of the city walls. although not visible, in the background are the bodies of mutalated turks (impaled on spikes). there are other pictures more worthy of this demo if any one is interested.

Is this about medieval total war? Are you all gamers? I'm sorry about my vagueness, though i have been typing in related words in google, and this popped up.

chris

Is this about medieval total war?
    No, this is about Rome: Total War, we are making a modification for it, transporting it into the Rennaissance.

Are you all gamers?
    I assume so.

hello i do not know any of you, but i was intrigued to find someone is making some sort of demo about the hospitaller knights.
    We are making a full conversion of Rome: Total War, and the demo will only show a small part of what we are doing. You should look over at the screenshots and Citadel:Total War thread, and get some idea of what we are trying to achieve.

Ignoramus could you tell me which battles you have settled on? I know you were thinking of three or four earlier.

Also do you have all the unit models you need.
    C.S. Lewis

Jermaine Evans