Thread: Online Campaign!

Hey guys, check this out, been working on it for the past month or so, started off quite innocent as a drawing during the boring sociology lecture.
    http://www.domscampaign.cjb.net/

Alternatively there is a link at the frontpage of .Org (thx to Tera )

Everyone is welcome to apply, the ribbon will be cut this saturday. Ideally, join b4 the kick off but not to worry, there will always be places.

All maps but 5 are already finished, you can find them at the site. Sry, i had to host at geocities, so first loading of the site and images at 56k will take a minute or two, but that's only the first time.

Special thanks to MagyarKhan for allowing to utilise to use his campaign tool to calculate and post results.

P.S. Two Damio positions are available. They will be distributed regardless of skill on the battlefield but rather considering understanding of the rules and commitment to the job.

Regards, Dom aka Tenki1Yoritomo.

Senior Member Senior Member Vanya's Avatar

Quote Originally posted by Dom:
    Hey guys, check this out, been working on it for the past month or so, started off quite innocent as a drawing during the boring sociology lecture.
    http://www.domscampaign.cjb.net/

Alternatively there is a link at the frontpage of .Org (thx to Tera )

Everyone is welcome to apply, the ribbon will be cut this saturday. Ideally, join b4 the kick off but not to worry, there will always be places.

All maps but 5 are already finished, you can find them at the site. Sry, i had to host at geocities, so first loading of the site and images at 56k will take a minute or two, but that's only the first time.

Special thanks to MagyarKhan for allowing to utilise to use his campaign tool to calculate and post results.

P.S. Two Damio positions are available. They will be distributed regardless of skill on the battlefield but rather considering understanding of the rules and commitment to the job.

Regards, Dom aka Tenki1Yoritomo.
    [/QUOTE]

Very nicely put together. Something like that is what I had envisioned some time ago. My version would schedule battles to be fought online, after which the user would submit their logfiles via one of the battle pages to record the result; when all battles registered, the next turn would become available.

Anyways... I digress...

But, I *DID* get a Java error when I visited!
    [Sips sake, eats popcorn]

Tnx Vanya. The idea is "borrowed" from the IL2Sturmovik flight sim community, the principle has been used in the IOW as well as EAW. This solution is at the low-tech end, due to the absence of server or programming skills. But this will not stop it form functioning.

Ignore the java error, it is due to some imcopatibility between Dreamweaver and Geocities, everything shows up as it was intended, however if you know a solution, by all means let me know.

Regards, Dom aka Tenki1Yoritomo

member of ELITE-FORCE Member BomilkarDate's Avatar

Good work Dom, looks really nice. Hope there are enough guys to play in your campaign, because it would be a shame for the whole community if there are not. Keep up this work Dom. I wish you good luck and lots of

------------------
    Strength and honour

Bomilkar Date
    When meeting with a sudden shower, you try not to get wet and run along the road. By passing under the eaves of houses, you still get wet. When you are resolved from the beginning, you will not be perplexed, though you will still get the same soaking. This understanding extends to all things.

Toda Nebuchadnezzar

Looks good DOM.

One question weren't you Aggony?

If so, why did you leave to join Tenki?

------------------
    He is the Messiah
    No i'm not the Messiah
    Only the true Messiah would deny it.
    Alright then I am the Messiah.
    HE IS THE MESSIAH HOORAY!!!

Yes, Bomilkar, I hope people will respond. I know its a problem, but if we get the whole thing running then more wight join. It has a flexible structure. I just need to get 2 commited (well one will do for now) people to take up Damio positions(how bout you?) and the rest can simply sit back and enjoy the ride.

Yes Toda, I was in Aggony clan. I didn't leave the clan to join Tenki. I left the clan, then joined Tenki, which are two separate, unrelated events. As to "why?" it will remain between me and Aggony. Hope it satisfies your curiosity.

Regards, Dom aka Tenki1Yoritomo

Senior Member Senior Member Kas's Avatar

Dom...you did a great job already! I'll be at your side!

Kas
    On Steam: Kas

JoJoSan, can you forgive me?

Senior Member Senior Member Cheetah's Avatar

Nice work Dom. However, there is one thing I dont understand. You state that there will be only 4 standing armies for each side. Yet, under green and blue there are 9 armies listed respectively. Did I miss something?
    Lional of Cornwall
    proud member of the Round Table Knights

"If you wish to weaken the enemy's sword, move first, fly in and cut!" - Ueshiba Morihei O-Sensei

member of ELITE-FORCE Member BomilkarDate's Avatar

I am really sorry Dom, but I am finishing school and having the Matura exams (don't know the correct word), so I can't play to much for the next three weeks. But afterwards,.....
    ....there is only shogun and me (and hopefully lots of girls).

Hope to cya online
    Bomilkar
    When meeting with a sudden shower, you try not to get wet and run along the road. By passing under the eaves of houses, you still get wet. When you are resolved from the beginning, you will not be perplexed, though you will still get the same soaking. This understanding extends to all things.

Yes, Cheetah, you noticed right, hehe. The thing is I did not write the whole thing on the first attempt and there have been a lot of changes (those who followed it will know ) so I simply missed that, I will need to update the text.

I originally intended the campaign for 4-6 participants but as more people showed interest (But haven't registered yet! GRRRR) I felt I needed more armies to get more action.

Hope to see you join Cheetah.

Regards, Dom aka Temki1Yoritomo